home

Author Topic: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS  (Read 263331 times)

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
Re: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS
« Reply #350 on: March 25, 2016, 08:09:02 PM »
Indeed. I am surprised the warrior priest and cannon are on the list. You think GW plans to make new ones?
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #351 on: March 25, 2016, 10:08:55 PM »
Not surprised by warrior priests since they were in the first AoS  book.   I expected most dual kit plastics to stay though

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Offline Syn Ace

• Members
  • Misinterpreting GW rules since 1991
« Reply #352 on: March 25, 2016, 11:57:24 PM »
They put out so many damned books I'm not buying them to get the formations and scenarios. In fact, it's turned off people I know from getting into the game (I see the same thing happening with 40K among my friends--all complaining about the constant new books and formation). Anyway, I've given up figuring out a decent way to get a balanced game together, plusI can't get anyone to play, so I've stopped buying stuff for now. Like that new dragon, but won't be laying out the cash for it now.

I really miss the old official Warhammer even if GW didn't support it properly as far as rule fixes.
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounding yourself with assholes.

— Popularly but incorrectly attributed to William Gibson

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #353 on: March 26, 2016, 12:12:18 AM »
You can use their app for that stuff you know.

Also, the Azyr comp is very nice for balanced gameplay.

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #354 on: March 26, 2016, 01:17:14 AM »
The unit warscrolls are all free in the app, but not the battalion warscrolls, battleplans or time if war rules

Sent from my thingamajig via wadyamacallit

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #355 on: March 26, 2016, 01:27:29 AM »
True but it's alot cheaper than buying the books.

Offline Calisson

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
  • From Druchii.net
« Reply #356 on: March 26, 2016, 04:03:55 PM »
I really miss the old official Warhammer even if GW didn't support it properly as far as rule fixes.
Welcome to the 9th Age!  :smile2:

Offline Syn Ace

• Members
« Reply #357 on: March 26, 2016, 11:11:40 PM »
Eh, can't say I'm sold on 9th Age.
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounding yourself with assholes.

Offline Syn Ace

• Members
« Reply #358 on: March 26, 2016, 11:17:16 PM »
I did actually break down and buy some AoS. Local game shop was selling all it's AoS stock at 50% off.

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #359 on: March 27, 2016, 12:18:35 AM »
Oh, sweet deal! What'd you get?

Offline Syn Ace

• Members
« Reply #360 on: March 27, 2016, 02:15:36 AM »
Overlord Bastion. 2 sets of Liberators. Blood Warriors. Knight Vexillor.

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #361 on: March 27, 2016, 02:18:44 AM »
Nice!! That bastion does look good, if only there was an Order version of it...

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #362 on: March 27, 2016, 07:33:14 PM »
Turgol on Warseer:
New stuff confirmed coming is orcs for three April weeks and then around June Tzeentch and new Dwarfs.

With the possible exception of maybe Shadowkin, I'am quite sure we are not seeing new elfs nor humans in 2016.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #363 on: March 27, 2016, 07:56:06 PM »
Well that matches up with everything I've heard.

Novels pointing towards more Orruk activity.

Tzeentch and Duardin starter box.

Humans and Aelves still in the works.

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #364 on: March 27, 2016, 08:41:19 PM »
Well that matches up with everything I've heard.

Novels pointing towards more Orruk activity.

Tzeentch and Duardin starter box.

Humans and Aelves still in the works.

Many reliable sources have said Orruks coming very soon, and plenty of hints from GW backing that up.   

One fairly reliable source said a standalone box game set in AoS,  not a starter box, I can't see the Stormcasts vs Bloodbound starter going any time soon.  And not like the Star Collecting boxes.   I would bet the miniatures in that set will get warscrolls and be usable in AoS though.   That source suggested Tzeentch and Duardin for that.   

Aelves and humans I kind of expected to be last, as it would need the most change in Aesthetic to fit in the new setting.  It does, in my opinion look like the second half of the year will see more new stuff, rather than reboxing, and renaming.   I sort of expect another round of Stormcasts this year.   I hope not, but with 3 parts of their forces unaccounted for,  there is a possibility.

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #365 on: March 27, 2016, 11:33:36 PM »
I did actually break down and buy some AoS. Local game shop was selling all it's AoS stock at 50% off.

I hope it's not because they are closing?

Offline Syn Ace

• Members
« Reply #366 on: March 28, 2016, 05:26:36 AM »
That would be my suspicion though the clerk said they were 'reorganizing.' I guess expanding more beyond GW, which is their main product line. They had 40K stuff 25% off and AoS was 50%.

The fellow who owns the store was one of my former customers. When the economy crashed, he got a sweetheart deal from his dad, who owns a bunch of commercial properties that were sitting empty. He opened a really large shop that he pays no rent on (he's got about 15-20 gaming tables all with terrain). He got married and had a kid and his dad was making noise about him getting a real career.

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #367 on: March 28, 2016, 05:37:55 AM »
Gotta love it when you're in the know with people like that.  :happy:

Anyway, I'm hearing that we might be seeing the new Orruks really soon.

Offline Syn Ace

• Members
« Reply #368 on: March 29, 2016, 02:22:50 AM »
Shops is in fact closing. Dad is turning it into two suites that he's already got tenants committed to. Dunno if that means the shop is moving, but I think if you're selling inventory like that, you're going out of business.

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #369 on: March 29, 2016, 02:22:35 PM »
Quote from: MongooseMatt 683422 8551605 null
Retailers have just been sent this:

A 288 page hardback book. The third in the Realmgate Wars series, joining Quest for Ghal Maraz and Balance of Power that allows all fans of Warhammer Age of Sigmar to fight in the deadly battles that rage between the forces of Chaos, Death, Order and Destruction. As the Everchosen seeks to gain dominion over the mysterious Godbeasts, that dwell in the realms and use them to assault Sigmaron itself. Lots of other forces join the war too, including Seraphon (Lizardmen), Brayherds & Warherds (Beastmen), Free Peoples – Candlemen (Empire), Fyreslayers (Dwarves), The Clans (Skaven) and Spiderfang Grots (Orcs & Goblins). This massive book contains something for everyone!

The book contains:
4 new Times of War – rules for fighting battles in the strange and mystical realms of Fire and Life
13 Battleplans that include advice on playing 3 and 4 player games and running campaigns for even more fun
14 Warscrolls for the main characters and units in the story
12 Warscroll battalions chosen from the many factions that are fighting in the war
Stage by Stage painting guides for the Tempest Lords, Anvils of the Heldenhammer, Bloodbound of the Skullfiend Tribe, Bloodscorch Bulltribes and Clann Vrrtkin Skaven, plus a guide for painting a Realmgate and the Realm of the Battle Game board

This sounds good. :smile2:

Wondering what the Candlemen will mean. Free Guild from the fire realm?

• Members
« Reply #370 on: March 29, 2016, 04:31:59 PM »
Quote from: MongooseMatt 683422 8551605 null
Retailers have just been sent this:

A 288 page hardback book. The third in the Realmgate Wars series, joining Quest for Ghal Maraz and Balance of Power that allows all fans of Warhammer Age of Sigmar to fight in the deadly battles that rage between the forces of Chaos, Death, Order and Destruction. As the Everchosen seeks to gain dominion over the mysterious Godbeasts, that dwell in the realms and use them to assault Sigmaron itself. Lots of other forces join the war too, including Seraphon (Lizardmen), Brayherds & Warherds (Beastmen), Free Peoples – Candlemen (Empire), Fyreslayers (Dwarves), The Clans (Skaven) and Spiderfang Grots (Orcs & Goblins). This massive book contains something for everyone!

The book contains:
4 new Times of War – rules for fighting battles in the strange and mystical realms of Fire and Life
13 Battleplans that include advice on playing 3 and 4 player games and running campaigns for even more fun
14 Warscrolls for the main characters and units in the story
12 Warscroll battalions chosen from the many factions that are fighting in the war
Stage by Stage painting guides for the Tempest Lords, Anvils of the Heldenhammer, Bloodbound of the Skullfiend Tribe, Bloodscorch Bulltribes and Clann Vrrtkin Skaven, plus a guide for painting a Realmgate and the Realm of the Battle Game board

This sounds good. :smile2:

Wondering what the Candlemen will mean. Free Guild from the fire realm?

Sounds good indeed! Not so good for my wallet again!

Candlemen sound more like something from Realm of Shadow

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #371 on: March 29, 2016, 09:30:18 PM »
Shops is in fact closing. Dad is turning it into two suites that he's already got tenants committed to. Dunno if that means the shop is moving, but I think if you're selling inventory like that, you're going out of business.

Sorry to hear that.

"Reorganizing" was how it started for the LGS in my neck of the woods. Of course they can't say "we're closing", otherwise everybody will speculate on even bigger price reductions.

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #372 on: March 29, 2016, 10:40:24 PM »
Isn't GW "reorganising" with AoS? Not that anyone would speculate on big price reductions...
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #373 on: March 30, 2016, 02:03:15 AM »
@Stealthknightsteg,  That's a good point about the Candlemen but I'm betting on fire as the realms of life and fire are already explored upon. Though, if those new dark elf model rumors are anything to go by, they could be providing foreshadowing. (Maybe something like Malerion hired them to do some knife work for him)

My guess is they're going to be working with the Fyreslayers.

• Members
« Reply #374 on: March 30, 2016, 03:37:42 PM »
we will see  :happy: