home

Author Topic: PBEM Diplomacy 5: Taal (in progress)  (Read 14255 times)

Offline valmir

• Members
PBEM Diplomacy 5: Taal - Game in progress
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2006, 09:51:37 AM »
Doesn't look like you did anything wrong. I'm trawling through judge info now, but if anyone (Konrad?) wants to chip in with a reason this might be happening, then that'll be good.

Otherwise I'll email the judgekeeper.
Quote from: rufus sparkfire
I'm pretty sure the dwarfs are carved from refined suck. I'd rather build an army out of lego.

Offline valmir

• Members
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2006, 12:16:54 PM »
Excellent. Guvnor is sorted. We are just waiting for Dihenydd to sign on and then we can start.
I'm pretty sure the dwarfs are carved from refined suck. I'd rather build an army out of lego.

Offline Guvnor

• Members
  • I'm just north of London
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2006, 12:24:29 PM »
I've put in AGFRTEI.

I've played Italy and England far too much- You wouldn't believe how many people drop out as these two (I seem to like replacing others in games.)

Hey, I actually saw someone win as Italy!!!

By F1901 they had trieste, and had all austrian centres by 1903! Wow.

Its all good, I think its because me and sigsfried both use american providers- yahoo and gmail. This area thing- where are you sigsfried?
I have one sentence in response to the engineer and mechanical: Empire is post-feudal age, not post-nuclear age!

Offline valmir

• Members
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2006, 01:48:34 PM »
Given that it was 'fixed' by setting any-site, I am even more confused, as theoretically this is based on what you write in your profile under 'site' when you sign up to the Judge. Guv and Sigsfried both have different sites listed, but the other three signed up all have Warhammer-Empire.com listed, yet they didn't clash at all. Additioinally, I used exactly the same paramaters as Konrad used for Sigmar, which both of you were involved in simultaneously. Go figure.

Offline sigsfried

• Members
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2006, 08:36:56 PM »
Is it possible for me to resign? Especially if it won't damage my dedication rating. I'll sign up with a different email address if need be. See what the Judge Keeper says frst though.
My mind is made up. At least my body is real.

Offline Gutsy

• Members
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2006, 01:47:00 AM »
I set the preference as ETRIFAG, but it was really just a random picking.

Thanks for the info about Diptool, it'll take some time to figure out, but hopefully it'll make the game easier for me.
-Gutsy-

'06 Battle record: 0-1

Offline valmir

• Members
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2006, 03:16:54 AM »
@Sigsfried:
The problem is solved - no need to resign.

Meanwhile, if Dihenydd doesn't sign on in the next 24 hours, perhaps we should open signups again?

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2006, 10:31:22 AM »
How many players have already signed on, 5 or 6?

Maybe try to send him another e-mail, and then if he doesn't respond the next day or so, we'll have to open sign-ups again...
cisse

No matter how fast you run, your ass will always be in front of me...

Offline valmir

• Members
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2006, 02:32:15 PM »
We have five players, and one floc.net observer.

EDIT: Dihenydd has now signed up successfully. We are now waiting on RagingKileak. I'll pop an email out to him as well (I was thinking we had six signed up...)

Offline Dihenydd

• Members
  • Back on Hiatus
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2006, 03:15:28 PM »
Sorry guys

I thought I had quickly signed up correctly on Saturday, but apparently not.  I'm now on with ITGREFA.

I had quickly gone through it, but must have messed up.  I was busy running off to the our Calgary Annual "Armageddo-con" (40K RTT).  As per usual, I won 1 lost 3, (2 close, 1 badly).  But for some unknown reason Tied for "Sportsmanship" (I think they like to give to the lovable losers) but actually won the "Best Army" Category (These guys are on crack!).  I think they just feel sorry for Necron Players.

So now I have a bright shiny new gift certificate to my favorite game store (for too much $$ IMHO).  Of course, instead of building up my always losing Necrons, I will be adding some Pistoliers, mortars, swordsmen...ooooo those Duelitsts looks nice.... hmmm I better get paint then too... and new brushes...

Anyways.  Let the games begin!

Rik
Sometimes the "Old Ones" just need to leave.....

Offline sigsfried

• Members
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2006, 03:16:06 PM »
This area thing- where are you sigsfried?

Just spotted this. Yorkshire. Halifax when at home York when at uni.

Offline valmir

• Members
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2006, 03:51:43 PM »
@Dihenydd
From a GW store? How much is the certificate if you are getting all of that? $2000?

Offline Guvnor

• Members
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2006, 04:54:22 PM »
Valmir: I had the same problem in sigmar, don't ask me why. It just seems to be something with me.  :(  Nevertheless, Konrad and you have both managed to sort it out, so goody.

Italy? Someone is very brave or very overconfident. Or just a great diplomat. Why did you choose it?

Since I have put Austria first, Sigsfried shouldn't get it again as well.
I have one sentence in response to the engineer and mechanical: Empire is post-feudal age, not post-nuclear age!

Offline Dihenydd

• Members
  • Back on Hiatus
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2006, 05:08:12 PM »
Heya

@Valmir, No, its my local RT store, The Sentry Box.  Look it up at www.thesentrybox.com its Western Cda's largest.  The bookstore alone makes people fall on their knees in wonder.  And no not $2K, 10% of that.  Still, woohoo.  They sell everything though so I may also spend it friviously on Euro-rails, Settlers expansions, or maybe even Twilight Imperium.  I dunno, I really need pisoliers though...

@Guvnor  Diplomacy - nil really, Skill - noob.  Reason?  It had the clearest Noob's guide in the archives!!!!  :shock:

My Italians will go down with Honour and Courage!  Hmmm weren't the Borgia's and Machiavelli Italians.... nice coincidence I'm sure.

Offline sigsfried

• Members
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2006, 05:35:43 PM »
Since I have put Austria first, Sigsfried shouldn't get it again as well. Does little happy dance. Then predicts I'll get Italy

Offline Guvnor

• Members
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2006, 05:45:24 PM »
No, Dihenydd WANTS italy...  :shock:

I've taken austria as its fun, though quite hard to do well with. I won't be surprised if italy, russia, turkey and germany all attack me! Nah, (probably) not going to happen.

Any tips, sigsfried?

Offline Dihenydd

• Members
  • Back on Hiatus
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2006, 06:24:42 PM »
Hmm

Anyone know why the Italian Gov't just received a large sum in Rubles, Marks, and Turkish Lira?   Must be for the new building projects...

Offline sigsfried

• Members
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2006, 08:26:10 PM »
Any tips, sigsfried?

I wouldn't say I'm good enough to be giving tips having a win rate with Ausria of only around 20% (mostly 2-way draws a handful of solos and 1 3 way draw).

Offline valmir

• Members
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2006, 04:39:01 AM »
Well, two people were 'special' enough to put Italy first, the other being Lizardking. It appears that it will all come down to how Raging places Turkey in his preferences...

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
Re: PBEM Diplomacy 5: Taal - Game in progress
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2006, 06:37:38 PM »
Great, W-E is online again! :-D

Well, we're a couple of days later now, and still our 7th player hasn't shown up. Maybe we should start to look for another one?
cisse

Offline Guvnor

• Members
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2006, 07:00:36 PM »
Has he been sending press in morr?

Where are you raging???? :?

Oh, I just had to use the afro. :mrgreen:

:roll:

Offline Dihenydd

• Members
  • Back on Hiatus
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2006, 12:45:52 AM »
Ok, this new forum is taking a bit of getting use to.  Change..... I hate change.... I don't do change.... sigh.

I thought he was going to log in like on Monday or something?  I've been scanning ever since. 

Is it just my internet ineptitude or is there something I'm missing, I've been trying to look at game "taal" on the USOS judge and it doesn't come up.  "No such game" or similar message.

Raging... where the heck are ya? 

Rik "Mr. Mussolini to you"

Offline valmir

• Members
« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2006, 08:55:15 AM »
The new site is indeed a little hard to get used to, but that's most likely because it is still unfinished.

It appears that Raging has fallen off the face of the Earth. I've been sending him email, with no reply. I got one press message from him consisting of one line in Morr the other day. I'll send him another message, but if he doesn't sign on tonight (Aussie time) then I shall reopen signups on the forum tomorrow.

Sorry for the inconvenience, everyone.

Offline Guvnor

• Members
« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2006, 09:40:54 AM »
No worries, its not your fault.

I'll start sending raging emails too. With threats if he doesn't reply!  :wink:

I've been looking up how to play austria, and it seems like I've let myself into a  BIG challenge.

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2006, 12:23:01 PM »
Yes, the new look will need a little time to get used to. Still, the smleys look cute. :lol:

Well, I don't think RaginKileak will still respond, it's been quite a while now... Let's give him one more day, as you propose, and thereafter try to find a new candidate if needed.

Quote from: Dihenydd
Is it just my internet ineptitude or is there something I'm missing, I've been trying to look at game "taal" on the USOS judge and it doesn't come up.  "No such game" or similar message.
Well, I don't think the game is "created" before all players are signed on and everyone has been given a power to play.
cisse