home

Author Topic: Yorkshire (mini) one day W-E 'bash'?  (Read 11885 times)

Offline Uryens de Crux

• Members
Re: Yorkshire (mini) one day W-E 'bash'?
« Reply #125 on: July 18, 2010, 10:52:17 PM »
I think Damo was looking at 2500 points for a T&G Merc army really, he might be able to do more with a different army, but it wont be a T&G list I dont think

What time do we need to be there>
We go to gain a little patch of ground that hath in it no profit but the name.
The Free Company of Solland

The Barony of Wusterburg

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #126 on: July 19, 2010, 10:13:02 PM »
Finished the squid-banner for my caroccio. Which I fully expect to die to cannon fire on the first turn, but it will look impressive until then.

Also, I hope people have read the new rules more thoroughly than I have.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 10:30:49 PM by rufus sparkfire »
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #127 on: July 19, 2010, 11:27:28 PM »
I think Damo was looking at 2500 points for a T&G Merc army really, he might be able to do more with a different army, but it wont be a T&G list I dont think

What time do we need to be there>

I'll try to get a hold of Daz and see what he prefers. As for time, aim to arrive at 11.30 - 12.00 at the venue, or you can come to mine a bit earlier.
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Uryens de Crux

• Members
« Reply #128 on: July 20, 2010, 08:00:01 AM »
excellent

he has told me 3000 points can be done

The Barony of Wusterburg

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #129 on: July 20, 2010, 07:11:45 PM »
Ok, Daz has said 3,000 is fine so now everyone is sorted re: games/opponents/points.

Uyens, you have a lot of figures to carry (5,000 pts) so don't worry if you can't bring any scenery. I have scenery well covered - certainly enough to crowd three battlefields.

Really lookin' forward to this now!
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #130 on: July 21, 2010, 03:04:15 PM »
Really lookin' forward to this now!

Me too!
If I wanted to.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #131 on: July 24, 2010, 09:50:43 PM »
Oh boy! I enjoyed that. Thanks guys for a fun day, and WOW the battles were amazing to see - like I said, I could happily have watched the huge Uryens vs. Fr1day and Rufus battle all afternoon it was so impressive - a battle royale, like a history book illustration. I did take a lot of photos, not just of my battle (for a T&G report) but of the other games, and as soon as I get on the right PC I will put a taster of each of the three games up.

We have to do it again someday, yes?

Offline Merrick

• Members
  • I say!
    • http://www.facebook.com/WinHereWinThereWinWinEverywhere
« Reply #132 on: July 24, 2010, 11:33:59 PM »
Or merge North and South into the UK Bash that has been banging about for a few years.  :engel:

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #133 on: July 25, 2010, 08:38:27 AM »
That sounds like an 'A-Number-One' idea. Yes sirree!

BT - Wanna see what war in Tilea between grand armies of Mercenary Companies looks like? I saw this weekend at the Mini Bash. Like I said, I could have skipped my game just to watch this one.

Here is the Grand Alliance Army (Rufus & Fr1day) ...

And here is the 5,000 pt army fielded by Uryens (NB: there are 'things' hidden behind the temple to Myrmidia which even Rufus and Fr1day didn't know about until they appeared!) ...

More pics to come, at some point. I will turn my glorious battle into a bat rep (as per).

Once again, thanks for coming guys!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 08:58:34 AM by Padre »

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #134 on: July 25, 2010, 09:59:57 AM »
Rufus resplendent in a squid t-shirt and bright shorts.
Although the beer looks a bit too far away from Fr1day.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #135 on: July 25, 2010, 10:41:57 AM »
Although the beer looks a bit too far away from Fr1day.

He's got a hidden cup behind the house...
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
« Reply #136 on: July 25, 2010, 11:12:53 AM »
I had great fun yesterday!

I was a good introduction to 8th, a big battle throws up lots of situations that help you get a hang of the differences in the rules. It also looks spectatular to see all those troops on the board. We both had two battle lines due to the number of points.

For me the magic was a big factor, not damage spells but the hex and augment spells. After Rufus belittling my medium Arabian cavalry they became the stars of the show once glittering robes and the blades of aiban was cast on them and they accounted for most of Uryens army through won combats and failed panic checks. They eventually ran out of steam and once uryens had dispelled the augments in his turn they got killed.

The change in charge rules makes a big difference now. Infantry can charge much futher, Rufus' aqubisers stood and shot a unit of knights, paniced them, fixed bayonets and charged them a mighty 15" to see them off the board, they couldn't have done that in 7th.

For me te 8th rules are more fun and I might start going back to the tournaments again as, for now at least, I think powergaming and WAACing will be a lot harder.

Thanks very much Padre and the others for a great day, I would hope to have a game with you guys when i up your end of the world next. I'll make sure I put my army in the car each time I come.
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

Offline Uryens de Crux

• Members
« Reply #137 on: July 25, 2010, 11:20:27 AM »
I'll pretty much echo what Fr1day said there, the charges for infantry are pretty astounding now and the absolute killer for me was failed panic sweeping most of my army away...Magic is very interesting, its a lot harder to stop getting through now I think unless the casting player gets a poor roll on his dice but the dilemma of a miscast cannot be forgotten

I wonder if its a new use for free company, a unit of 10 as a meat shield for a wizard..hmmm

Anyway, it was great to meet Rufus and Friday and a real treat to play such a big battle, though it made life hard for me keeping track of who had what (I had 4 Lords on the table...and despite my carefully written notes to prevent such a thing, I still got their equipment confused, sorry guys)

Anyway, combat is great in 8th, buff spells are the future, cavalry isnt anything like as deadly and Rufus's army lists are fantastic.

The Barony of Wusterburg

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #138 on: July 25, 2010, 11:48:07 AM »
and Rufus's army lists are fantastic.

AMen, brotha !
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline Burtx

• Members
« Reply #139 on: July 25, 2010, 06:23:08 PM »
Great game day, thanks for hosting Padre and thanks to everyone else for coming. Looked like some good battles were fought.

Bring on the other pics when you can, should hopefully get the Ogres 100% painted for next time  :-D

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #140 on: July 26, 2010, 11:15:22 AM »
I had a great time. Thanks, everyone. Hope to see you all again sometime.

I have lots of unfocused and confusing pictures of our game that I'll put up later in some sort of order.
If I wanted to.

Offline Uryens de Crux

• Members
« Reply #141 on: July 26, 2010, 11:17:03 AM »
Get on with it man!  :::cheers:::

I hope it can be made an annual thing for sure.

The Barony of Wusterburg

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #142 on: July 26, 2010, 12:27:36 PM »
If I wanted to.

Offline Uryens de Crux

• Members
« Reply #143 on: July 26, 2010, 01:08:16 PM »
Excellent.

Why is it you always think of cunning moves 3 days too late, well I do anyway. ho hum.

The Barony of Wusterburg