home

Author Topic: The new Archaon model is terrible!  (Read 10337 times)

Offline shavixmir

• Members
  • Tum podem extulit horridulum
Re: The new Archaon model is terrible!
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2015, 12:19:26 PM »
Crap upon crap.

And now nobody is playing anything around here
Warhammer fantasy has led to a dystopian landscape in gaming land.

Oh the irony.
Everything of value is vulnerable

Offline DariusZero

• Members
  • I'm a non native speaker from Mars and I bite.
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2015, 02:19:39 PM »
The only good sculpts for aos are the marauders in the starter set, they are great improvement in regard of the old ones. Everything else is just crap, and Khorne faction  still looks more like old GW than the fantasy space marines.

How is it possible that they now produce much worse modles and charge 50% more, it's beyond my simple logic. ::heretic::

Anyway for 200€ I can easily get a separate dragon and a separate rider for a much more epic impression.

I hope aos fails and gw neckties learn from it. :icon_cry:
One of the big wigs... once told them "If a household doesn't have an income of $70,000, we don't consider them a GW target customer."
MyEmpireBlog: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=33477.0

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2015, 04:47:56 PM »
I hope aos fails and gw neckties learn from it. :icon_cry:

I hope AoS succeeds, but that the "gw neckties" learn from it that they are also loosing a great customer base and that somehow whfb might get some sort of support back.

Why is it always one way or the other way and no middleground  :icon_confused:
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2015, 05:30:04 PM »
if it succeeds what would they learn from it?

If it succeeds, they might do the same to 40k. No thanks.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline RE.Lee

• Members
  • Imperial trauma surgeon
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2015, 05:45:44 PM »
You think Archie is bad? Have you seen the new Chaos Knights?! Why the lovely current models had to be replaced I have no idea. Even less so why they had to be succeeded by such an abomination:

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/11/new-chaos-knights-battletome-everchosen-inbound.html
cheers,
Lee

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2015, 06:09:01 PM »

Shit, you're right. I always felt the same way about the mounted Archaon model, great sculpt with a great pose. Turns out it's Nappy himself.
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2015, 06:36:44 PM »

Hahaha.

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

So bad.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2015, 06:47:58 PM »
"Here you go, sir. I've finished the design for the new horse-a-saurus riders."

"Very good Smith, looks like you've covered every available surface with... wait... what's this? You missed a spot. Here, there's nothing on their heads. Why don't you put some farm tools on there and then we'll ship these off to production."

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2015, 07:52:41 PM »
It seems the technical quality is inversely proportionate to the esthetical. But as I said before: tacky is the sign of the times, and many will like this. In a consumption society, it is definitely true that "nothing is more exhilarating than philistine vulgarity."
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2015, 08:03:23 PM »
Those really are quite bad.

On a side note, I cannot help but notice that whenever Xathrodox links me to a website, somebody tries to sell me slavic women.

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2015, 08:06:08 PM »
It is slave women, sold by IS, and Xathrodox is their middleman.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2015, 08:07:25 PM »
Dude, that's not funny.

Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman.

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2015, 08:09:27 PM »

I got this.

Hey, Xath:

Goddammit those things are bad. Seriously, I'm expecting the Lord himself to show up and destroy the world because of the horrible new figures GW are making. And I'm not even religious!
Now go! Ride towards the sun atop these noble steeds
You're our spandex heroes, now fullfil your destinies
And so we turned and rode beyond the castle walls
with shiny codpiece armour that doth cradle our chivalrous balls

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2015, 08:11:44 PM »
Dude, that's not funny.

Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman.

Wasn't his essence split in three? So, there is a least one middleman.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2015, 08:47:09 PM »

You gotta make a living somehow. And those ugly insinuation about me being split in 3 parts are no longer accurate. The adventurers responsible for that vile act have been axed. By me.

On the other note - these Chaos Horsemen are even more riddicolous than it is possible. They look like assholes. Nobody likes assholes.

Oh and Syphon - that picture made my day, since I love the shit out of that cartoon.

I would also like to remind you that they still need to release Malekith, fused with his Dragon. Imagine the wonderful model they'll make for him/his mount. Oh the joy...
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline DariusZero

• Members
  • I'm a non native speaker from Mars and I bite.
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2015, 09:51:37 PM »

Hahaha.

So bad.

No, seriously , that is even more funny than the pumbagores and those are shit stupid ugly. Who on earth will buy those? and probably they will be like 80€ for two.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 08:18:01 AM by DariusZero »
One of the big wigs... once told them "If a household doesn't have an income of $70,000, we don't consider them a GW target customer."
MyEmpireBlog: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=33477.0

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2015, 09:58:56 PM »
the only chance they had for me personally was releasing models so good I couldn't say no, for the "new" factions. (ala the AdMech models for 40k). But they've only released space marines.
Referring to the Sigmarines?  But they also released some decent looking Khorne figures in the W:AoS starter set.

You can't simply sell the great new hammerers and long beards and call them "duarger" or whatever shitass name they thought up for them.
They can try.  It'll be interesting to see if they just repackage the previous dwarfs

Didn't the just push the Seraphon stuff recently? Yet they're not Seraphon models, they're lizardmen models.
Did they produce any new lizardmen?

I'd check the GW site, but it hurts my eyes. :icon_wink:

if it succeeds what would they learn from it?

If it succeeds, they might do the same to 40k. No thanks.
There's no guarantee they'll learn anything, win or lose, or that what they learn is necessarily the correct thing to learn.  This is GW we're talking about here.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 10:05:48 PM by GamesPoet »
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2015, 10:31:46 PM »

Hahaha.

So bad.
Those "horses" (and I use the term loosely) look off balance.  Also, one looks like it has claws on the front instead of hooves, and it's face doesn't look like a horse.  The other looks like it has a 40K Ork Trukk bumper piece on its nose plate and maybe one of its parents mounted a Dark Elf Cold One.  I couldn't tell what the other nose plate had on it, maybe a weathervane.

I like the older style Chaos cavalry, and even those that followed looked better than this.  And after such promising Chaos figures in the W:AoS starter set, definitely a disappointment.

Wonder if the 80% of GW buyers that supposably aren't gamers will buy enough to keep them in business.  Maybe they will, especially with the prices likely being charged for these ... things.

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2015, 10:47:04 PM »
" ... philistine vulgarity."
Surely those two words are synonymous.

Offline Ursa Doom

• Members
  • From northern Sweden
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2015, 11:39:40 PM »
I get what they are trying to do with the new knights, but as with Archaon it just takes away some of that dark nobility the old models had about them.

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2015, 11:41:48 PM »
" ... philistine vulgarity."
Surely those two words are synonymous.

True to some extent - there are other sources of vulgarity. However, Nabokov probably used the pleonasm on purpose (and speaking of stylistic devices, note the palliteration).

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2015, 11:43:30 PM »

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2015, 10:41:56 AM »
You think Archie is bad? Have you seen the new Chaos Knights?! Why the lovely current models had to be replaced I have no idea. Even less so why they had to be succeeded by such an abomination:

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/11/new-chaos-knights-battletome-everchosen-inbound.html

Actually it's whole new model range: Varanguard, personal guard for Archaon. the Old Chaos Knights will still be there somewhere (most likely in Tzeentch)
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2015, 10:48:17 AM »

Actually it's whole new model range: Varanguard, personal guard for Archaon. the Old Chaos Knights will still be there somewhere (most likely in Tzeentch)

What the hell happened to Swords of Chaos and why these guys are named like that? Is there any significance to their name at all?
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2015, 10:55:17 AM »
Must be a reference to the Varangian guard (the Viking bodyguard of the Byzantine emperors).