home

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k Conquest  (Read 2030 times)

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
Warhammer 40k Conquest
« on: August 20, 2018, 05:06:02 PM »
I thought this was interesting and wanted to post it to see what others who don't follow Warhammer-Community thought.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/08/20/7th-aug-coming-soon-warhammer-40000-conquest/

It’s about to get even easier to start collecting Warhammer 40,000.

Following the roaring success of our pilot earlier this year, we’re happy to announce the full launch of Warhammer 40,000: Conquest  – a partworks subscription magazine that introduces the reader to the grim darkness of the far future in weekly, bite-sized chunks.

Warhammer 40,000 Conquest is part magazine, part regular supply drop of new models, which makes this a fantastic way to begin your Warhammer journey – or to introduce someone new.  Over the course of the series, subscribers will receive all of the models, tools, paints and paintbrushes you require to create two sizeable armies – Space Marines and Death Guard – that are ready to take to the battlefields of the 41st Millennium.

Not only that, it will also introduce key painting concepts, explore the lore of the Warhammer 40,000 universe, and teach you the rules of the game – so by the time you’ve worked through the whole series, you’ll be a veritable expert!

As well as an invaluable companion to a new hobby, Warhammer 40,000: Conquest is also a fantastic value way to collect. Issue one, for example, comes with 3 Primaris Space Marine Intercessors, 3 paints and a brush! And the series as a whole is designed to be a perfect way to get started.

To start with it's just happening in the UK. If that goes well then they'll roll out the program to the rest of the world. Like a subscription based Get Started series.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
Re: Warhammer 40k Conquest
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 12:09:04 PM »
Still waiting for the release in Poland. That said, I think that it's a very cool idea. :::cheers:::
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Castozor

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 12:30:09 PM »
This is a great idea in my opinion. Not for me personally as I only recently started collecting and don't want to have 2 armies so fast, but a similar series for the LotR minis got me into the hobby years ago. Never hurts to attract new blood and with GW's current pricing a lower entry point for younger people is fantastic.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 02:27:17 PM »
I've been watching what gets released each week or so as part of the subscription and for the most part it seems pretty cool. Each magazine has come with 1-3 paints, a handful of models, and occasionally some hobby tools. The next one coming is the first from the subscription only lot (The first 4 are sold in stores) and has a special limited edition captain that looks pretty rad.

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 05:36:31 PM »
I've been watching what gets released each week or so as part of the subscription and for the most part it seems pretty cool. Each magazine has come with 1-3 paints, a handful of models, and occasionally some hobby tools. The next one coming is the first from the subscription only lot (The first 4 are sold in stores) and has a special limited edition captain that looks pretty rad.

well actually..
Getting Issue 05 will be the only way you can get your hands on this majestic hero – and the issue won’t be in stores, so the only way to guarantee a copy is to subscribe to Warhammer 40,000: Conquest now.

So.. nope...

The subscription will be 4 issues in a batch and there is a total of 80 issues, so 20 deliveries (1,5-2 years running) So that getting 2 armies fast is maybe slower then you think.

Was sad to read that this globally announced thing is only available in the UK and RoI, would love to do this with my daughter to also complement her Salamanders.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 05:40:44 PM »
WHAT?!?!? why not the US biased basterds  :dry:

all kidding aside love this idea
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 05:45:39 PM »
It's a test really. If it works in the UK, then they'll roll it out worldwide.

Wait SKS, isn't that what I said? The captain is limited to the magazine/kit, and the one he's in is the first kit that wont be sold in stores but subscription only. The first 4 kits of the subscription are available in stores.

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2018, 07:04:08 PM »
It's a test really. If it works in the UK, then they'll roll it out worldwide.

Wait SKS, isn't that what I said? The captain is limited to the magazine/kit, and the one he's in is the first kit that wont be sold in stores but subscription only. The first 4 kits of the subscription are available in stores.

Oh haha I just read on without noticing the ( ) part
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2018, 07:53:30 PM »
Lol no worries. I just got worried that I'd said the wrong thing and would start confusing people.

I think it's a great idea really, and if it comes to Canada I certainly think I'd sign up. I do find it a bit strange that for a UK only thing they keep making a point of telling EVRYONE about it, but I assume their just trying to build hype.