home

Author Topic: 100 Days of Hobby 2020 ...  (Read 72110 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: 100 Days of Hobby 2020 ...
« Reply #675 on: July 10, 2020, 03:31:07 AM »
Updating ...

Wednesday ... Day 70

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Artoban, Gankom, GP, Rowsdower, Padre, Realjuan, Mids

5 Days Per Week ... Zygmund

3 Days Per Week ... SKS, Novogord

(Those reporting in are bolded.)

Today ...

Thursday ... Day 71

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Rowsdower, GP, Artoban, Gankom, Padre, Realjuan, Mids

Getting a jump start on tomorrow ...

Friday ... Day 72

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Rowsdower, GP, Artoban, Gankom, Padre, Realjuan, Mids

"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #676 on: July 10, 2020, 09:26:28 AM »
Decided to end my painting streak of 60 days, and my constructing 28mm Perry WotRs at 50 days.  Just too tired, and my energy level has been so low for both these streaks, that it is just time to free the mind and stay focused on the over all 100 Days of Hobby for these last 30 days.  Gong to do whatever I feel like doing and try to enjoy it from a creative place, moving from one project to another with whatever happens to float the boat on any given day.  I want these last 30 days to be fun if at all possible. :icon_cool: :::cheers:::

- - -

And today ... I worked on creating more material for some fantasy role playing sessions with my nephews, and it looks like a niece is also going to join in on the fun.  I haven't run a straight up role playing campaign like this in years and years.  So far I have pulled together a map for a city, written a brief history for the city, and have begun to draft up some ideas for NPCs and some sort of adventure inside the city that will involve merchant princes, money, mystery, and powerful forces moving through the streets and docks seeking their fortunes or trying to over throw others who are seeking their's.

I have set the game in an early renaissance stage, might even throw the city onto the Old World map some where south of Tobaro on the coast.  And of course include giant rat men running in the sewers.  The nephews and niece don't know about that yet.  :icon_mrgreen:

Got together with three of the nephews via zoom this evening, and we did up some characters using a cross of the AD&D 1st & 2nd editions, and a little bit of Harnmaster thrown in for good measure.  I've been waiting for a new edition for a set of role playing rules that are low fantasy in nature, and that I purchased from a kickstarter, but they haven't been completed yet.  I'd considered using WFRPing too, although that would require me to learn a new system as well, and I have decided since the summer is a wasting, time to just get started!

So we have made three characters so far.  A human fighter/cavalier with the background of being a city wall guard that weilds an arquebus.  A halfling thief who doesn't like his own family's racket, and has started out on his own, now having enemies that are related to him.  And an elf assassin who has went awol from a mercenary outfit that is attempting to track him down.

There will likely be three more characters as well, but in the meantime, plenty for me to be developing to use during the gaming sessions.

Nice going GP and nice to hear you got family into this also!
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #677 on: July 10, 2020, 10:54:54 AM »
 :::cheers:::☝️

Day 71 - only could grind  out 1 mor shadow warrior.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 11:43:57 PM by Artobans Ghost »
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #678 on: July 10, 2020, 02:00:44 PM »
I was planning on making another panzer diorama. This one was going to be called 'The beast & the monster'. It was intended to be about the German head of state; being shown the Dicker Max but that ones on hold as the Dragon 1:35th Dicker Max is a f**king nightmare. I was up until 1:00, trying to find parts that weren't listed on its instructions.

In other news. The custom assault gun is coming along well enough
I also picked up the two little utility vehicles that are now part of the 40k scenery sets. I'm turning one into a forklift [ole] and another into a looted Thomas coin ride

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #679 on: July 10, 2020, 02:05:05 PM »
I like that Rowsder seems like he has lots of cool stuff happening! :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #680 on: July 10, 2020, 06:06:09 PM »
That's a pretty sweet update GP! Sounds like exciting times.

I've been doing a little painting and building the past few days. Wed I built 3 more spearmen and 3 space marines.

Thursday I painted and am slowly inching towards completing some more of these deathwatch and my special project. I've already got things set up and I'll be working on them again after supper tonight. All my hobby contributions for this have been small little baby steps, but its real nice to have something going on.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #681 on: July 10, 2020, 07:08:59 PM »
Still working on the Star Wars D6 RP adventure. It's been keeping me really busy!

AT-PT (All Terrain Personal Transport)

Two bad-guy bases ...
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #682 on: July 10, 2020, 11:45:49 PM »
Day 72 - based my 5 liberators.
              Also mixed my day 71 with 72 up above.  Corrected now
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #683 on: July 11, 2020, 12:14:18 AM »
Thanks SKS, Artoban, and Gankom.  :::cheers:::

100 days in a row of something can change a person's life.  It is changing mine, and I am glad. :icon_cool:

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Updating ...

Thursday ... Day 71

Today ...

Friday ... Day 72

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Rowsdower, Artoban, Padre, GP, Gankom, Realjuan, Mids

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #684 on: July 11, 2020, 11:31:47 AM »
Got to do a little cheating in my book

Week 10
July 3rd:
-Put some more paint on the Foetid Bloat Drone
-Added a few washes to the 10 man Fire Warriors
July 5th:
-Build a Wizard and his Apprentice for Frostgrave
-Build 2 Men at Arms and 2 Crossbowmen/Marksmen for Frostgrave
July 6th:
-Just a little bit of painting done on the Foetid Bloat Drone, like some of you had some mushed brains I also had that a little and due to some heavy lifting also some shaky hands that didn't help

Week 11
July 10th:
-Finished up building my cabinets for the hobby room and started to move stuff in their new locations (mostly my (starwars) lego, but some warhammer also, will continue that today the 11th)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 07:11:49 AM by StealthKnightSteg »
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #685 on: July 11, 2020, 02:05:48 PM »

[In Ringo Star voice] The heresy train has no breaks.
I've had an idea about what to do with the 'space Thomas' utility vehicle. I'm going to mount an ork on it, feeding a coin into the slot. The joke being the orks THINK the only way it will work is by feeding it a steady stream of exact change.

Additionally I've done a little more on the custom SPG and i finished another Howling Griffon. I'm also organizing 20 years worth of spare Empire parts

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #686 on: July 11, 2020, 02:55:23 PM »
Spent some time last night taking my city map for the role playing game with nephews and niece, and increasing the size of the districts to 8 1/2 x 11 sheets.  Then I began filling in the names of the city gates, markets, military and governmental buildings, the names of bridges over the river, and other prominent buildings in each of the 12 districts.

Here is how the districts are laid out with their names, and from north at the top to south at the bottom ...

A.  Nobles  B.  Merchants  C.  Clothiers  D.  Shambles

>  River  >  River  >  River  >  River  >  Ocean

E.  Stonemasons  F.  Theater  G.  Doge's  H.  Shipwright

I.  Dark  J.  Tanners  K.  Meat  L.  Livestock

There are two bridges between the Nobles and Stonemason Districts ... Soldier's Bridge and Stone Bridge.  And there are four bridges between the Merchants and Theater District ... Short Bridge, Song Bridge, Green Bridge, Long Bridge. 

So far each of the districts has at least 4 buildings listed for them.  I am going to be placing the player characters in the Clothier's District, and so I am providing the players with 20 of the locations in that district that would be relatively well known to them and on the main streets.  The whole area north of the river will give me and them plenty to keep them occupied.  If they slip into the area just over the river, there are some details that will need to be worked out in advance, yet a good GM can keep things moving north of the river, and this is where most of my creative development will initially be located.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #687 on: July 11, 2020, 03:17:53 PM »
Updating ...

Friday ... Day 72

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Rowsdower, Artoban, Padre, GP, Gankom, Realjuan, Mids

Today ...

Saturday ... Day 73

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #688 on: July 12, 2020, 11:38:24 AM »
Day 73 - glued last 3 shadow warriors except for arms.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #689 on: July 12, 2020, 11:45:57 AM »
Almost completed the Star Wars Adventure

The Imperial Base at Cohlanga Starport Down on Chayloon 2 ...

Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #690 on: July 12, 2020, 11:53:14 AM »
And I have started the metal in the halfling pike ...

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #691 on: July 12, 2020, 11:57:44 AM »
@padre: you have had quite the day!
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #692 on: July 12, 2020, 12:49:38 PM »
I like Padre's maps! :icon_biggrin: :icon_cool: :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::

Created an equipment cost list from from the old 1st Edition AD&D players handbook to email to my nephews and niece.  And don't be confused ... this was done using a photo copier, a paper cutter, and the scanner on the photocopier and then attach it to an email from my computer ... all things I didn't own in my younger days ... lol.  And this was to take what was on two pages, and put it on to one for them to have and use as a starting point for equiping their characters.

The longer project was developing a map of the sewers for the city adventures that I am planning for them.  I only got thru doing two of the Districts, so 10 more to go!  It'll go quicker now that I have a pattern for their development, although initially I probably won't need more than the first 4 District mapped anyway.

Updating ...

Friday ... Day 72

Yesterday ...

Saturday ... Day 73

Today ...

Sunday ... Day 74

« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 12:46:09 AM by GamesPoet »

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #693 on: July 12, 2020, 01:48:37 PM »
Started work on the Dicker Max today. Nearly finished the sucker too

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #694 on: July 12, 2020, 02:46:23 PM »
Update above. :::cheers:::

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #695 on: July 13, 2020, 12:09:35 AM »
Day 74 - finished the building of my 10 shadow warriors. They have been kicking around unbuilt for years and are now ready for basing.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #696 on: July 13, 2020, 12:45:36 AM »
Updated above, and congrats they look good! :::cheers:::

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #697 on: July 13, 2020, 06:07:05 AM »
At long last I completed the Star Wars adventure.

https://rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=198069#198069

Offline Novogord

• Mr Goblin
  • Members
  • Wie wind zaait, zal storm oogsten
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001398349166
« Reply #698 on: July 13, 2020, 06:57:38 AM »
Week 11:
Friday 10th:
I added some more paint to my Bretonnian Mordheim Warband.

Saturday 11th:
I finished the cherubin and based some other models. I also prepped some models for basecoating and varnishing.
Only the dead have seen the end of the war

Being an intellectual creates a lot of questions and no answers.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #699 on: July 13, 2020, 12:19:33 PM »
At long last I completed the Star Wars adventure.

https://rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=198069#198069
Excellent, well done! :icon_eek: :icon_biggrin: :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::

- - -

Put together some emails for nephews on armor class, thieves, and assassins.  Also continued development of a map of sewers for the fantasy role playing city state.  There will be 10 foot wide tunnels with 2 1/2 foot walkways on both sides, 7 1/2 tunnels with walkways on one side, 5 foot tunnels with no walkways, and 2 1/2 foot tunnels with no walkways, plus 15 inch pipes emptying into these.

- - -

Updating ...

Friday ... Day 72

Saturday ...

Saturday ... Day 73

Sunday ...

Sunday ... Day 74

Today ...

Monday ... Day 75

« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 01:18:16 PM by GamesPoet »