home

Author Topic: The NFL ... American Football 2023 ...  (Read 1115 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
The NFL ... American Football 2023 ...
« on: March 14, 2023, 06:47:51 PM »
March 15th is the official starting day of the 2023 NFL season ... it's the beginning of the time when free agents can be picked up, and the draft isn't too far off either.

In the meantime, today is the last day of the NFL 2022 season as teams can still make last minute deals before the free agnecy period starts.

Already happening ... Raiders picked up quarter back Jimmy Garoppolo, and the 49ers got defensive lineman Javon Hargrave ( as if oppossing teams didn't have enough to worry about blocking Nick Bosa and Arik Armstead.  And KC got offensive tackle Jawaan Taylor to help protect Patrick Mahones.

Meanwhile, Aaron Rodgers is holding out in between the Packers and the Jets, and no one knows yet where he'll be this season.  And the Titans lost two offensive lineman in a day that has featured a lot of moving around by those who have this position and getting salary increases as a result.

Looks like after todays results that the 2023 NFL season is already going to be a different year.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: The NFL ... American Football 2023 ...
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2024, 04:16:35 PM »
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Wolfgang aus Wien

• Members
Re: The NFL ... American Football 2023 ...
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2024, 12:10:50 AM »
They destroyed soccer during the 1990s, baseball is nice if you're actually playing yourself or cheering for your kid in Little League but otherwise as exciting as watching paint dry, never cared for basketball, hockey is being destroyed as we speak, haven't watched handegg (American football) in about a decade and don't miss it.
The only team sports I can still stand occasionally are NRL rugby and Aussie rules, but they're also scheduled for destruction.