home

Author Topic: Changes for the new armybook.  (Read 8565 times)

Offline DonKarst0n

• Members
Re: Changes for the new armybook.
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2011, 09:55:28 AM »
I'd be definitely for the introduction of pikemen. Would be a great view on the battlefield and it just makes sense that at some point someone might think: "We have cannons... now we could make our spears longer."

I second the notion that we again need something like the fusillade for the pistoliers and a major change on the GotE.
Quote from: patsy02
Useless as they may be, the horses still need their knights for the extra armour save.

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2011, 10:22:50 AM »
Just model pikes and use them as spears, then!

Problem solved. Unless you dig up some historical sources telling that pikemen attacked in four ranks or whatever. Which I'm sure somebody will do.

Offline DonKarst0n

• Members
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2011, 10:26:23 AM »
I am doing it already.  :happy:
Ricco's pikemen as well as Perry's mercenaries will be forming two solid blocks of spearmen... but I will test pike rules.
Quote from: patsy02
Useless as they may be, the horses still need their knights for the extra armour save.

Offline Algovil

• Members
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2011, 10:32:08 AM »
Warrior Priest 80p, Arch Lector 140? Does that look good?

Offline Lord Solar Plexus

• Members
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2011, 10:36:28 AM »
For whatever it's worth, that looks fine to me.

Since there won't be a new AB for years and nobody really knows what the designers think, it's all moot. They could put some Tyranid player in charge of it for all we know...  :evil:
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. - S. Clemens

www.tablepott.de - Wir sind das Ruhrgebiet!
www.rheinerftliga.haarrrgh.de

Offline Eighty

• Members
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2011, 12:51:56 PM »
i always thought they were so similar in point value because they have the exact same stat line (except ldr of course)

if your gonna bump up his cost at least make him a better hero for the price! s5? ws5? i don't care just not all 4's !!

he is the laughing stock of my table (and then they cry because i brought 4 extra dd ..|., you WoC !)
Trumpets sound around me, the wind blowing through my hair, as fellow gamers look in awe at my Army, secretly wishing they chose empire instead of their stupid rats

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2011, 12:54:16 PM »
AL isn't underpriced in my opinion. The WA is.

Offline Lord Solar Plexus

• Members
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2011, 01:11:16 PM »
For 35 points, you get +1W, +1 Ld, +1 DD and many more options. He can be the army general and supplier of DD at the same time. That's why he's the no-brainer option over a different General and a Warrior Priest. Neither the Ancient Heirloom special rule nor the better fighting stats of the TGM are good enough to compensate adequately IMO and any combination that gives you Ld 9 and 2 DD is going to cost way more.
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. - S. Clemens

www.tablepott.de - Wir sind das Ruhrgebiet!
www.rheinerftliga.haarrrgh.de

Offline Steerpike

• Members
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2011, 09:56:55 PM »
There goes my wishlist for the new army list.

Lords:
General
Templar Grand Master
Warrior priest
Wizard lord

Heroes:
Captain
Battle wizard
Witch Hunter
Engineer

Core:
State troopers (must take shield, lance, halberd, crossbow and/or handgun)
Archers
Knights

Special:
Pistoliers
Mortar
Great cannon
Greatswords
Flagellants
Pikemen

Rare:
Steam Tank
Hellblaster
Ogres (maneaters?)
Halflings (scout archers)

Add some dwarfs as an option for warmachines crewmen and we have again the old multicultural Empire.

I leave the units options and abilities to each ones taste (except robohorse technology has been suddenly forgotten!)