home

Author Topic: Shadows over Bogenhafen: game thread [players only please!]  (Read 643702 times)

Offline commandant

• Members
Re: Shadows over Bogenhafen: game thread [players only please!]
« Reply #4250 on: February 18, 2013, 12:52:47 PM »
Mortus will check herself to see if anything is different and then walk towards the mining camp.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4251 on: February 18, 2013, 03:46:26 PM »
[Heinrich, Klaus, Julian, Ragni]

Heinrich shoots at the spider-thing before it can clear the wall.

[Heinrich (bow): 60, hits head. S4+d6 roll of 1-t4 = 1 wound]

Klaus, using his second set of pistols, fires as well. He's beyond optimum range.

[Klaus (pistol) 1: 18, hits right leg. S4+d6 roll of 5-t4 = 5 wounds
K2: 17, hits body. S4+d6 roll of 3-t4 = 3 wounds. Critical = incapacitated]

All three shots strike the mutant. It falls from the wall and lies still on the ground.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4252 on: February 18, 2013, 03:50:08 PM »
[Mortus]

Mortus doesn't think she's changed in any way. She feels tired and rather hungry, but that's all. She seems to have all her possessions with her too.

She walks over to the mining camp. A team of sweating men are struggling to push a mine cart laden with ore, while a supervisor shouts at them to push harder.
If I wanted to.

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #4253 on: February 18, 2013, 06:12:25 PM »
Klaus reloads all his pistols...."There might be more of them around. Lets check on the people and if one of the cultists has survived and if so question him what all of this was about."
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 08:32:45 PM by Fandir Nightshade »

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #4254 on: February 18, 2013, 07:43:38 PM »
Mortus will stop just short of the supervisor.

"Excuse me, sir," she says.   "Where am I?"

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4255 on: February 19, 2013, 03:03:52 PM »

The mutant cultists are all dead. The innkeeper and the other survivors are confused about what happened -  they remember the roadwarden arriving, but are unsure what happened after that.

It seems likely that Hans drugged as many of the staff and guests as he could, then let his mutant friends into the inn to deal with the others. The demonic temple below the inn was obviously very old, probably predating the inn. The cultists intended to sacrifice their prisoners to their demonic god, but were still celebrating their success at the time the group arrived.

In any case, the cultists have been defeated. The innkeeper, still under the influence of the cultists' drugs, invites the group to help themselves to food and drink, and to stay in any room they like. He apologizes for not being able to serve them properly.
If I wanted to.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4256 on: February 19, 2013, 03:14:14 PM »
[Mortus]

The supervisor turns to stare at her. He's a bald, heavy-set man with a nasty expression on his face and a whip hanging from his belt.

"You lost girl? These are the Hugeldal mines. Nearest village is Messingen. Few miles north." He points to show the direction.
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #4257 on: February 19, 2013, 03:55:44 PM »
OOC: I think Otto might be still alive
Heinrich looses another arrow at Otto:

[Heinrich: 10, hits head. S4+d6 roll of 5-T4 = 5 wounds. -1 critical to head = unconscious]

It slams into his cheek. He slumps to the ground and makes no further movements.

Klaus will talk to the Innkeep and also other persons...soothe their minds and explain to them that everything is allright and they won´t visit Morrs Garden so soon. In their state of incredible gratefulness he will also explain who he is...The count of Sternberg to be and ask them if any of them has news from Middenheim or by chance met someone by the name Wittgenstein.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #4258 on: February 19, 2013, 05:59:53 PM »
[Mortus]

The supervisor turns to stare at her. He's a bald, heavy-set man with a nasty expression on his face and a whip hanging from his belt.

"You lost girl? These are the Hugeldal mines. Nearest village is Messingen. Few miles north." He points to show the direction.

"Lost," Mortus looks confused.  Then she shrugs and nods.   "Thank you" she says.   She tosses a silver coin in the general direction of the man and starts walking towards Messingen.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4259 on: February 19, 2013, 08:46:30 PM »
[Mortus]

Mortus soon reaches the village of Messingen. She wonders how much time has passed since she was last here. Can it still be the same day? She'll have to ask someone.

Ubersreik, of course, is another few miles to the north.
If I wanted to.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4260 on: February 19, 2013, 08:53:37 PM »

[Otto may not technically be dead, but he's in a coma. There is an arrow in his head.]

There are only two guests among the cultists' prisoners, and both are too groggy to make much sense. All Klaus can get from them is that they were traveling to Middenheim for the carnival.

All the prisoners need to sleep before they can be expected to say anything else of consequence.
If I wanted to.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #4261 on: February 19, 2013, 09:00:01 PM »

[Otto may not technically be dead, but he's in a coma. There is an arrow in his head.]

There are only two guests among the cultists' prisoners, and both are too groggy to make much sense. All Klaus can get from them is that they were traveling to Middenheim for the carnival.

All the prisoners need to sleep before they can be expected to say anything else of consequence.

Onward to sleepytime!
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

• Members
« Reply #4262 on: February 19, 2013, 09:01:54 PM »
Klaus will prepare himself a fantastic meal and drink the finest wine the innkeep has to offer...

"Anyone up for some dicing? We could suggest to the fellows to travel together to Middenheim....safety in numbers and stuff like that (and leave them behind as bait if we have to flee). Julian, Ragni...we jumped of Morrs scales once again I think we should at least celebrate a bit."

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #4263 on: February 19, 2013, 10:04:16 PM »
[Mortus]

Mortus soon reaches the village of Messingen. She wonders how much time has passed since she was last here. Can it still be the same day? She'll have to ask someone.

Ubersreik, of course, is another few miles to the north.

Mortus is going to stop somebody and find out what day it is, then she will find and buy a clean change of clothes and have a bath [There must be an inn that will supply her with those things].   Then she is going back to Ubersreik and straight to the doctor's house.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #4264 on: February 20, 2013, 12:12:07 AM »
Julkian asks klaus to prepare some food for him as well.

He joins in the dicing and drinking

Among his slightly drunk chatter, he says 'Every fucking demon we've fought is a pussy. How many times did he hit me? I didn't even get a bruise.

DEMON SLAYERS' julian toasts the group loudly.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4265 on: February 20, 2013, 03:51:41 PM »

"Too right, Boss," Ragni shouts, waving his drink around so that it splashes everywhere, "demons are no tougher than gobbos! We can take anything on!"

He proceeds to get incredibly drunk, eventually passing out with his head resting on the remains of his dinner.

The next morning (Aubentag the 7th of Sommerzeit), the inn staff and the guests have recovered enough from their ordeal to offer proper thanks for the group's efforts. The innkeeper says that he will show the bodies of the dead mutants to the next roadwarden patrol that arrives. The two guests who were bound for Middenheim intend to rest for a day before continuing.

Ragni looks a bit of a mess this morning. He has dried gravy in his beard, and his shirt stinks of stale beer. He's obviously hung over, but is too proud to admit it.
If I wanted to.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4266 on: February 20, 2013, 03:59:26 PM »
[Mortus]

Mortus asks an old woman what the date is. She looks at her as though she's an idiot, then tells her it's Wellentag the 6th of Sommerzeit. So it really is the same day. Whatever that experience in the other realm was, it lasted no more than a few hours. About long enough, in fact, for someone to ride out to the mines and dump her in an abandoned tunnel.

The village is too small to have an inn, and there's certainly nowhere to buy clothes. Mortus walks back to Ubersreik instead. She finds her hired carriage waiting outside the inn. The guards and her servants are inside. Apparently, a servant from Doktor Glarean's household told them that Mortus no longer required them that day, and they should wait for her at the inn.

Once she's washed and changed, she goes back to the Doktor's house. It's now evening.

She knocks on the door. A servant (a young female halfling) answers the door. "This is Doktor Glarean's house, miss. May I ask your business here please?"
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 05:19:18 PM by rufus sparkfire »
If I wanted to.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #4267 on: February 20, 2013, 04:11:00 PM »
"I have business with Doktor Glarean," Mortus says.   "The Doktor will understand."   Mortus is also tryingt o figure out what happened to her carraige and servants.

• Members
« Reply #4268 on: February 20, 2013, 04:51:04 PM »
"Well in that case I think we should go on with our travel towards Middenheim, lets say our farewells here and leave as soon as possible."

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4269 on: February 20, 2013, 05:23:43 PM »
[Mortus]

[previous post updated regarding servants and carriage!]

"If you'd like to wait a moment, miss," the servant says, "I'll see if the Doktor is available."

She closes the door. A few minutes later, she opens it again. "I'm so sorry, miss, but Doktor Glarean is away on business. If you'd like to leave a message I'm sure he'll contact you when he gets back."
If I wanted to.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4270 on: February 21, 2013, 02:03:09 AM »

The group leave the Hooded Man Inn. As they go, the innkeeper promises them that they may stay at the inn for free whenever they like.

"Nice of him to offer," Ragni says when they are out of earshot, "but I don't reckon we'll be rushing to come back. All these gloomy bloody forests are fine for elves, but I'm looking forward to Middenheim!"

They make good progress along the road. At dusk they reach an inn called The Cat and Cabbage, which is crowded and rather dirty, but at least cheap.

The following morning (Marktag the 8th of Sommerzeit) they set off again. By early evening they have arrived at the town of Bergsburg, the capital of Hochland. The spired rooftops and sober stonework remind the group of Hergig. From here, the journey to Middenheim should take no more than three days.
If I wanted to.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4271 on: February 21, 2013, 05:14:28 PM »

The next three days of travel pass uneventfully. The road from Bergsburg is very busy with people of all social classes heading to the carnival. At last, in the late afternoon of the third day, the group get their first sight of their destination: a mighty pillar of rock surmounted by a bustling city.

Middenheim!

The stone pillar is five hundred feet high, towering over the surrounding forest. Four great causeways wind their way up to the city. As the group get closer, they can see that the causeway nearest to them is packed with traffic. A large queue has formed at the bottom.

"Bloody hell!" Ragni says, "it might take us all week to get through that queue! Ha, we ought to look for the dwarf tunnels, Boss! That's how the city got built in the first place. My dad always said one of my ancestors worked on those tunnels!"
If I wanted to.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #4272 on: February 21, 2013, 05:21:05 PM »
[Mortus]

[previous post updated regarding servants and carriage!]

"If you'd like to wait a moment, miss," the servant says, "I'll see if the Doktor is available."

She closes the door. A few minutes later, she opens it again. "I'm so sorry, miss, but Doktor Glarean is away on business. If you'd like to leave a message I'm sure he'll contact you when he gets back."

"No that is okay," Mortus says, sure that the servant will tell the doktor anyway.   Being tired at this point she goes back to the inn, pays her guards to keep an eye on her and locks herself in her room to sleep for the night.   She will go back to visit the doktor in the morning.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #4273 on: February 21, 2013, 05:49:39 PM »
"We could check the other causeways first, see if they are as crowded as this one. Then we can look for the dwarf tunnels if we can't find another way in that won't be long forgotten and crawling with nasty critters."
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4274 on: February 22, 2013, 12:39:45 AM »

The group travel around towards the southern causeway (the one that joins the Altdorf road). There's a large queue here also, though it's perhaps not quite as long.

As they draw near, they hear a familiar voice shouting to them.

"Klaus! Heinrich! Mr Julian! Ragni! Over here!"

It's Max. He and Arnst are at the end of the queue.
If I wanted to.