home

Author Topic: rules question. Chariot being charged by skirmisher  (Read 1534 times)

Offline Bedlam

• Members
rules question. Chariot being charged by skirmisher
« on: June 18, 2007, 12:55:53 PM »
I charged some war dancers with my war alter last night, and I managed to kill 3(my opponent had the 4+ ward save dance on)we ranked the skirmishers 3 across and 3 deep(was this correct), then on the next turn of combat, could she move more then three wardancers into combat?  We thought not, so only 3 wardancers were able to attack.  This just did not feel right since they were skirmishers, but the rules seem to back it up.  Did we play this correctly?

Offline Elieress

• Members
  • Slaanesh.. Just a painting project... I promise...
Re: rules question. Chariot being charged by skirmisher
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 01:10:22 PM »
She should have filled up your entire frontage with figures, before impacthits was resolved. She should then have removed the 3 casualties from the back rank, and keeping in mind how many casualties she had suffered should have taken any return blows she could.

If I am not mistaking, the chariot should be 50 mm wide, and thus should be abel to engage 4 20 mm models with its front.

That means one model attacks back first turn, and most likely all four (or whatever survived) in subsequent turns.
Elieress... Just an old RPG name that got stuck to most of my online profiles...

CPH denmark

Offline Pyre

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 01:16:56 PM »
Eileress is correct, they should have ranked up four wide.  As for adding additional models, I believe the Dancers have to win a round of combat before they can add any additional models.

Pyre

Offline Bedlam

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 01:23:13 PM »
I've yet to base my war alter, and it was getting late, so we guessed three across from looking at the model.  OK, so she would have gone 4 wide.  On the next turn, she could not have wrapped the model to bring say six figures into combat(ala 40k)

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 01:33:14 PM »
no, wrap around is no longer in 7th edition
Veldemere, Elector Count of Solland (Elect)
Quote from: wissenlander
  I'm fine with Veldemere and his retinue of disgruntled's

Offline Elieress

• Members
  • Slaanesh.. Just a painting project... I promise...
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 02:02:42 PM »
I've yet to base my war alter, and it was getting late, so we guessed three across from looking at the model.  OK, so she would have gone 4 wide.  On the next turn, she could not have wrapped the model to bring say six figures into combat(ala 40k)

Wrapping is gone.. existed in 6.th edition, doesn't any longer... And she would only have been able to reform her unit of she won combat anyway.
Elieress... Just an old RPG name that got stuck to most of my online profiles...

CPH denmark

Offline Patch

• Members
  • What would Chuck Norris do?
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 05:11:53 PM »
Yeah, the 'Dancers should have formed up like any other unit. Could be any width (assuming they have the movement) - they'll never get a rank bonus anyway.
The (less than) triumphant return...

Offline Caiaphus

• Members
  • Only the dead have seen the end of war- MacArthur
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 09:14:25 AM »
I'm sorry, did you say she?   :icon_eek:
Sacre Bleau! Could this be the fabled 'Gamer Chick' I have heard so much of, yet never have seen?
"I would hate for some...Imperial General to get banned from such an excellent site because of an extraneous penis"

Rufas the Ecccentric (R.I.P)