home

Author Topic: spell counters  (Read 2253 times)

Offline vesrian

• Members
spell counters
« on: October 31, 2009, 07:38:19 PM »
I asked about spell/prayer counters a couple months ago and it seems GW has a set of plastic counters.
But now that I finally have some free time, I'm thinking of making my own. They're going to be 3D things, probably mounted on 40K style round bases. I'm going to write the spell name along the bottom of the base, but I want some form of mini caricature of the spell to show at a glance what it is. The idea is that they can be placed next to the appropriate model/unit so i don't forget about effects.

I only have ideas for a few of them, so I'm looking for input on what symbols to use. Here's what I have in mind, if anyone has any ideas for the blank ones or has better ideas for any of the other, please let me know.

Lore of Fire:
Flaming sword of Rhuin -- obviously a flaming sword, but not sure whether to have it just floating in space in hitting something or ?
Wall of Fire -- A small wall of flames

Lore of Metal:
Commandment of Brass -- ???
Transmutation to lead -- ?  maybe a sword that is half shiny and half dull, with some sort of green magial thing happening in between.?
Law of Gold -- golden scales of justice?

Lore of Shadows:
Shades of Death -- cloaked figures with glowing red eyes

Lore of Beasts:
The Bear's Anger -- a small bear standing on two legs
The Beast Cowers -- ? a cowering wolf?

Lore of Heavens:
Portent of Far -- a telescope or astronomical sextant
Second Sign of Amul -- Some form of runic symbol with a counter on the base to track the rerolls
Celestial Shield -- A shield painted to resemble space or with space-like symbols on it.
Comet of Casandora -- A comet (twin-tailed, of course) pointed towards the ground, with a counter on the base to track turns

Lore of Light:
Pha's Illumination -- A helix of light pointed upward
Dazzling Brightness -- ???
Guardian Light -- ???

Lore of Life:
Mistress of the Marsh -- a tiny marsh scene with reeds, water, etc...
The Howler Wind -- ???
Rain Lord -- A sign saying 'soaked' with water dropping off of it and puddles on the ground.

Lore of Death:
Steal Soul (additional wound markers) -- ???
Walking Death -- ???
Doom and Darkness -- ghosts or shadows coming from the ground and bats flying above.

Prayers:
Hammer of sigmar -- a hammer (possibly hitting a rock or something)
Armour of Contempt -- a shiny silver breastplate
Unbending righteousness -- ???
Just Say "No" to Pikes.

Offline der Hurenwiebel

• Members
  • Adversus Malum Pugnamus
Re: spell counters
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 02:48:37 AM »
Commandment of brass: could be a glowing hot suit of armour and some heavily armoured fighter trying to get it off.  flames setting fire to clothes the grass and such.

Walking death: could be simply the death angel standard on it's own with a scythe blade instead of the hammer

"DEfighter wrote:
Hey, trolls stay the hell out, this is a serious thread. Empire are cheese. 2 steam tanks, a war altar and 4 cannons is so obviously overpowered. Anyone who thinks otherwise clearly hasn't had their dragon shot down on turn 1 yet."

oh really now.  LOL ROFLMAO oh the irony.

Offline Roy

• Members
Re: spell counters
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 06:02:37 AM »
I used a small 20x20 base and bitz from the bitz box.
Shield = Armor
Hammer = Hammer
Eagle = Unbending

In this photo I also have my cannon ball guess range markers. Halfling Hot pot markers. And 3 Objective markers. Little pieces of crystal to represent pieces of the twin tailed comet lost on the board.

I have been meaning to do one for each lore. Fun, green stuff project when I have the time.

Roy VonBieder