home

Author Topic: Rumours and what's new to be expected of 9th Edition!  (Read 34788 times)

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
Re: Rumours and what's new to be expected of 9th Edition!
« Reply #250 on: March 05, 2021, 05:12:55 PM »
Drahzar was in a rough place before, even with an upgrade and a new model. I hope this works out better for them.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #251 on: March 07, 2021, 09:00:25 PM »
A rumor from today was that the Sisters might be the next new codex after the Dark Elfs, could that so soon after their recent one, be true?

And evidently a new Ad Mec figure has been seen, as well as new data sheet for some Ad Mec priests, and a new box for those priests could be indicating that a new codex for them might be arriving relatively soon.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 06:33:17 PM by GamesPoet »
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #252 on: March 08, 2021, 06:34:13 PM »
Evidently a new Be'lakor model is going to be released.

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #253 on: March 08, 2021, 06:48:06 PM »
You can see him in the middle of this picture.

Which also likely means he'll be usable in AOS as well, seeing as pretty much all the daemon models do double duty.

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #254 on: March 08, 2021, 09:02:32 PM »
Which also likely means he'll be usable in AOS as well, seeing as pretty much all the daemon models do double duty.

Well in the picture the demons are fighting Stormcast so this seems accurate :engel:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #255 on: March 09, 2021, 01:13:33 AM »
Imagine that.  Demons traveling across time to cause issues in multiple worlds, oh my! :icon_wink: :icon_lol:

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #256 on: March 09, 2021, 09:03:43 PM »
Seen on Warhammer Commity earlier that he actually comes with various bits to suit AoS and 40k settings.  There's a dead space marine interchangeable with a chaos warrior on the base as well as varied skulls and heads to adorn the wings, some of which are SM helmets and one skull has a bionic eye.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #257 on: March 10, 2021, 01:40:42 AM »
Bought this guy today ... https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Ultramarines-Captain-Uriel-Ventris-2021

I won't use him as intended for the Ultramarines.  Instead will turn him into a dude for my successor chapter or perhaps even make him into a Chaos Space Marine instead.  He's way too much, most I've ever paid for a single figure, although really want to use him for a conversion.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #258 on: March 15, 2021, 04:36:58 PM »
GW is coming out with a Dark Elf Combat patrol box, other wise known as Drukhari.

Seems like a very good "start collecting" type box for someone wanting to begin with Dark Elfs or perhaps add to what ya already have.

This new set contains an Archon, 10 Kabalite Warriors, 5 Incubi, a raider and a ravager.  Not bad for a probable $140, and with a savings of about 35% if these units were all bought separately.

The new Dark Elf codex comes out this upcoming weekend.  Rumor is that the Incubi will be improved at a minimum with 2s to hit, and having them in this box seems likely that the dollar price point for having them comes down, and along side some other fairly generally acceptable Drukhari units.

Oh ... and the first campaign book for Charadon also comes out this weekend.  Not seeing this as something that fits what I currently have for 40K figures, although rumor has it that Orks will be featured in a second volume.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #259 on: March 16, 2021, 07:07:22 PM »
By the way, almost forgot to mention ... the new "Piety and Pain" box set is coming out soon.

This will feature Dark Eldar and Sisters of Battle.  The Dark Eldar units are a Lelith model, 10 Wyches plus a Venom, 5 Scourges, and all of these aren't available in the "start collecting" set, which it looks like these will be a decent mix of figures.  The Sisters of battle is sort of like buy an Immolator while getting a unit of 5 Retributors plus a Palantine for free.

I can't imagine there a ton of folks who want both of these armies, but who knows, and the box could be split between two folks anyway.

Suspected price seems to be 105 pounds or $165 US.  Seems like a 45% to 50% less than buying everything individually.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #260 on: March 16, 2021, 10:28:48 PM »
Said set;

and the combat patrol.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #261 on: March 17, 2021, 04:03:21 PM »
Hearing that the new Charadon campaign book is going to have rules for "Armies of Renown", supposably just for Death Guard and Ad Mech.

These are expected to be army lists with restrictions, apparently themed, and in exchange for abilities provided to certain units, and additional strategies, relics, etc.

It also is rumored that these lists will be available for matched play, not just narrative.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #262 on: March 18, 2021, 03:06:29 AM »
A booklet of all the point costs per unit for 40K is coming complimentary with the issue 462 of White Dwarf.  Might have to pick up a copy.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #263 on: March 18, 2021, 03:27:55 PM »
Also ... inside WD462 ... The Exorcists space marine chapter is detailed out ... and from what I heard, confirmation is provided that this is a successor chapter of the Imperial Fists.

- - -

Rumor has it that these various successor tend to be provided with rules that create fluffy chapters supposably in line with their fluff background, although aren't empowering them enough to produce overly competitive armies.

However, from what I have seen, it is nice to see GW putting these out and available for use with the various new rules and such.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #264 on: March 18, 2021, 03:37:35 PM »
Theyve put out a few WHite Dwarf specials with rules for Successor Chapters and they've been generally pretty good. Some are a bit more on the meh side, but thats more because they came out right at the transition to 9th and they were clearly designed for 8th.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #265 on: March 18, 2021, 05:25:12 PM »
It'd be good to have a list of those.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #266 on: March 18, 2021, 06:35:32 PM »
Hearing that the Charadon Campaign book has 48 pages of fluff and artwork, 16 pages of campaign rules, and 8 pages of crusade rules.  However, its cost is $35 pounds, 45 euros, $60 USD, and that seems a bit much for what it is.  Cost more than a new codex.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #267 on: March 20, 2021, 04:09:51 PM »
Todays preview also has a bunch of 40k stuff!

There's a bunch of videos on the page to, but Im to lazy to go to youtube for the links. https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/03/20/warhammer-preview-online-faith-damnation/

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #268 on: March 20, 2021, 04:10:27 PM »
Honestly that seems like a pretty random preview for 40k, they must have more planned for later. An Ad Mech (plus their book), a Sister of Battle tank and a random ork on a sweet ass squig.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #269 on: March 20, 2021, 05:15:46 PM »
I want a new Ork codex! :icon_mrgreen:

Speaking of which, I just picked up the Chaos Space Marine codex. :icon_lol:

So I have the newest Space Marine one on order, and told it is shipping on Wednesday from a local hobby shop, along with Start Collecting boxes for Vanguard Space Marines and Chaos Space Marines.  Already have the newest Necron one, and it is rumored that Orks iz coming soon.  Would love ot have a new Tau one as well, yet suspect that is a good ways off.

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #270 on: March 21, 2021, 02:43:15 PM »
I love the idea of AdMech but in practice they are far too steampunk for my liking. That SoB tank is pretty cool, though. I seem to remember a conversion of one with loudhailers and an organ. It may have been a Tzeentchian one, though. Still, it was cool.

Now go! Ride towards the sun atop these noble steeds
You're our spandex heroes, now fullfil your destinies
And so we turned and rode beyond the castle walls
with shiny codpiece armour that doth cradle our chivalrous balls

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #271 on: March 21, 2021, 04:09:34 PM »
I really like AdMech in small doses. Its the kind of thing where I'd get a small detachment to back up my guard, but don't really have any interest in running a full army of them.

But honestly I feel the same way about Space Marines. I really enjoy having a deathwatch squad or two to back me up, but an entire army just isn't interesting for me.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #272 on: March 21, 2021, 04:37:30 PM »
There are armies that I like some of the models, and so I'd consider the same for certain situations, yet with the sector of star systems I am developing fluff around, not sure Ad Mech has a full place anyway.  Besides, enough to do with my Orks, Space Marines, Necrons, Chaos Marines, and Tau to keep me busy with 40K ... lol.  Oh, and did I mention fantasy and historicals too. :icon_wink: :engel:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #273 on: April 22, 2021, 01:16:25 PM »
Two new pieces of info ...

1.  Piety & Pain has now sold out, and their website says it won't be available on line, the latter being similar to the Cursed City in that it isn't being sold further by GW through their site.

2.  GW has announced that the "Beast Snagga Boyz" are on there way, which is going to be a new sized Ork model.  The image that has been shown looks much like the Ork Boyz figures, with rumors that it could be the "Primaris" Orks.

By the way ... here's a link to an announcement on the Beast Snagga Boyz ...

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/04/19/what-do-you-mean-not-all-beast-snaggas-ride-squigs/
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 01:24:42 PM by GamesPoet »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #274 on: April 24, 2021, 09:28:57 PM »
New Admech Patrol box picture has showed up on the internet.

It's back to providing an Onager Dunecrawler, a unit of Skitari Rangers, 3 Kataphrion Servitors, and a Tech Priest Engineer.  Probably at $140.

I'm not into these dudes, but this does look like a decent set to pick up if you're wanting to start an Admech army.