home

Author Topic: Rumours and what's new to be expected of 9th Edition!  (Read 34781 times)

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
Re: Rumours and what's new to be expected of 9th Edition!
« Reply #275 on: April 26, 2021, 04:13:13 AM »
The Fallen are coming in the next issue of White Dwarf, they're getting their own index Astartes.

For those unfamiliar with whom the Fallen are, they are the Traitor Dark Angels from the time of the Horus Heresy and the Dark Angles have been spending the last 10,000 years trying to hunt them all down and prevent the inquisition along with others from knowing about them. They showed up during the whole Guilliman resurrection situation and now they're getting their own rules in 40K.
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #276 on: May 03, 2021, 11:51:10 AM »
That is pretty interesting, Feanor. What kind of rules do you think they have? Perhaps hiding among others? Subterfuge?

Now go! Ride towards the sun atop these noble steeds
You're our spandex heroes, now fullfil your destinies
And so we turned and rode beyond the castle walls
with shiny codpiece armour that doth cradle our chivalrous balls

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #277 on: May 03, 2021, 05:51:36 PM »
New paindoc coming for orcs.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #278 on: May 04, 2021, 07:19:50 PM »
New Sisters of Battle models! I'm in a rush, so no nice quote text today, but you can see the full thing here: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/05/04/warhammer-fest-online-day-2-warhammer-40000/

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #279 on: May 05, 2021, 07:05:06 PM »
Okay, get hyped yall. New Plastic Gaunts Ghosts models!

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #280 on: May 05, 2021, 09:35:12 PM »
Oh.

Oh my.

When?

::heretic::

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #281 on: May 05, 2021, 09:44:07 PM »
These are awesome. It’s still my favourite set of story arch’s by my favourite 40K author.
Which characters are they? I can guess but some of his gang has ended their tour
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #282 on: May 05, 2021, 09:51:58 PM »
These are awesome. It’s still my favourite set of story arch’s by my favourite 40K author.
Which characters are they? I can guess but some of his gang has ended their tour

They're all originals from Tanith so there's Gaunt himself, Colm Corbec, Major Rawne, mad Larkin, Scout Sgt. Mkoll, and 'try again' Bragg.

These are going right on my list, surprised they haven't done a few of the others mind you, no Milo, Doc Dorden, Caffran... maybe more to come in the future!?  ::heretic::

Omg... could you imagine multi-part ghosts as the new IG option... I guess we can but dream.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #283 on: May 05, 2021, 09:59:59 PM »
We run Guant, Colm, Rawn and Mkol in that order for the ones I posted, and we also have Larkan and Try Again Brag in the set. No word on when its coming or how much, but these are the first previews I'm hyped enough for I'm pretty much guranteed to order.

I would LOVE to see a full squad, and I think its interesting that this could actually be a legal set. A commissar, command officer and 4 person command squad. Perhaps if it sells well (which I think has gotta be nearly guaranteed right?) that they'll expand to some of the other fan favorite characters. I've seen them say before in interviews that they're looking for ways to make realistic female models and Gaunts Ghosts has a bunch of possible options there.

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #284 on: May 05, 2021, 10:09:24 PM »
We run Guant, Colm, Rawn and Mkol in that order for the ones I posted, and we also have Larkan and Try Again Brag in the set. No word on when its coming or how much, but these are the first previews I'm hyped enough for I'm pretty much guranteed to order.

I would LOVE to see a full squad, and I think its interesting that this could actually be a legal set. A commissar, command officer and 4 person command squad. Perhaps if it sells well (which I think has gotta be nearly guaranteed right?) that they'll expand to some of the other fan favorite characters. I've seen them say before in interviews that they're looking for ways to make realistic female models and Gaunts Ghosts has a bunch of possible options there.

Let's hope they don't go down like another Cursed City and actually stick around on shelves for a good long while!

No surprise I'm currently browsing eBay for the previous metal set...  :-P

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #285 on: May 05, 2021, 10:25:58 PM »
Lets hope we don't jinx it. Its worth pointing out this was previewed as a Black Library special production, which they've done before, so it could be handled very differently then a normal set. Pretty much every other Black Library model they seem to constantly produce, but of course they said that about Cursed City initially...

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #286 on: May 05, 2021, 11:30:49 PM »
Those characters come to life! Rawn is exactly what I imagined him to be.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #287 on: May 05, 2021, 11:35:35 PM »
We could always claim Cursed City is fantasy, and this is 40K, so it won't get cursed. :icon_wink: :icon_lol:

Suspect these figures will be sold as a set, and it'll cost a beaut and a half at least, so ... be prepared to pay more than a good bit and a half.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #288 on: May 05, 2021, 11:47:16 PM »
...I've seen them say before in interviews that they're looking for ways to make realistic female models and Gaunts Ghosts has a bunch of possible options there.

There's definitely been a positive shift from GW for more representation across genders and race etc. in the models being produced in recent times so I would fully expect that to include female Guardsmen (Guardswomen?) in the not too distant future whenever IG get some attention. I know there was a lot of demand from the community for female Cadians way back when and some 3rd party conversion bits were available for a time before being shut down. Whether that would extend to a full release of ghosts to pad out the platoons who knows!?

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #289 on: May 07, 2021, 11:21:50 AM »

Let's hope they don't go down like another Cursed City and actually stick around on shelves for a good long while!

No surprise I'm currently browsing eBay for the previous metal set...  :-P

Ha! I got all of them and had them painted by a guy who takes commissions as a repayment for a favour! :D

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #290 on: May 07, 2021, 07:11:14 PM »
Its a big day for 40k at the previews. I'm surprised no one beat me to it here!

A Beast Snagga army box!

A new special character.

These adorable guys.

And then, whats this!? Upgraded Cadian Guard models!

Honestly its not that big of an ugrade, but I'll take anything for my beloved guard.

Also if you look closely, some are actually female looking faces!

Which is to say, there’s a whole lot more variety in the ranks of Humanity’s infantry than you might think. It seems only right, then, that your units on the tabletop have just as many differences between them, which is why boxes of Cadian Shock Troops will soon be upgraded with a whole new sprue of additional parts.

That’s not all they’re getting, either. The new sprue contains a full complement of special weapons for your Infantry squads, allowing you to field soldiers carrying sniper rifles, meltaguns, and more. You can even give your Sergeant that boltgun they’ve always wanted.

That actually IS a nice upgrade. Previously most of that was locked in the command box instead of the regular troop kit.

Lots of videos to so go check out the community page for a teaser at the next big event. Looks like a Grey knight focus.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/05/07/warhammer-fest-online-day-5-even-more-warhammer-40000/

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #291 on: May 09, 2021, 12:47:01 PM »
I am SO happy about these IG upgrades. It's a bit of a shame they didn't get a complete overhaul but then again I suppose a tidy little update of new heads and weapons will still go down nicely and means all the existing stuff isn't obsolete. I'm already identifying places in my ranks for these new guys and as you rightly point out - gals! ::heretic::

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #292 on: May 09, 2021, 01:55:39 PM »
How curious. Updated Cadians even though we just figured they're phasing out Cadians? I am confuse.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #293 on: May 09, 2021, 06:49:05 PM »
They just lost their home planet.  Their regiments are running around all over the galaxy.

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #294 on: May 10, 2021, 08:59:53 AM »
How curious. Updated Cadians even though we just figured they're phasing out Cadians? I am confuse.

I guess the thing with the Cadians is that they are pretty basic in their appearance so they can just be 'Imperial Guard' (astra whatsitface) rather than expressly labelled as Cadians - maybe they will even just start to market them as bog standard Guard from now on?

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #295 on: May 10, 2021, 09:47:03 AM »
Did anybody actually watch the reveal for the IG updates?

Was there any indication of when these are likely to hit the shelves?

Dunno why I'm asking so eagerly mind you, if my IG project is anything like my Empire one I'll only get round to them in the next decade or so! :-P

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #296 on: May 10, 2021, 01:25:34 PM »
Haha, see you in the 2030s!

I confess, I've found a skeletal commissar over at Anvil Forge. It makes me want to restart an IG army.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #297 on: May 10, 2021, 01:37:27 PM »
I'd be surprised if they gave a date for release of anything.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #298 on: May 10, 2021, 03:51:18 PM »
usually previews like this are showing things somewhere around 4 months down the road. Within the year maybe depending on how their shipping keeps getting screwed up. But no, no date attached to any of it.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #299 on: May 16, 2021, 08:20:34 PM »
Space Marines and Necrons are both getting a new Combat patrol box, to replace the Start Collecting boxes.

The Space Marines one is essentially the Start Collecting Box for Vanguard Space Marines (being discontinued), but with an Implusor thrown in as well.  The Necron one has a different Overlord model that what is found in the Indomitus box sets, along with 2 x 5 Immortals/Deathmarks, 3 Tomb Blades, and a Night/Doom Scythe.