home

Author Topic: cant decide on an army theme  (Read 5390 times)

Offline Lordjig6

• Members
  • "He Bravely Ran Away..."
cant decide on an army theme
« on: April 11, 2012, 10:46:39 AM »
hi guys i usually play brettonia or ogres but i decided to venture into the empire... so as above im looking for a tbemed list with some decent competativness...

my ideas so far are...

warrior priest/light wizard army.

a brettonian esq... all cavelry army...

not a fan of nuln... but perhaps something with a decent amout of shooting (handguns preferably)

stiand... i like the peasent look...

so basicly im looking for ideas and maybe an expansion on the above ideas from more experianced citizena... many thanks.. JIG

Offline Dr. Cheesesteak

• Members
Re: cant decide on an army theme
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 06:32:20 AM »
heh, wish I could answer, but I'm kind of in the same predicament!   

I'm torn between an Averland-themed army (Mad Count, KoBS Order, more militia, Luminark) or a Middenland-themed army (White Wolf Order, Hurricanum).  I like Averland's colors, but Middenland's fluff. 

Offline Lordjig6

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 10:08:37 AM »
well i dont mind doi.g my own order (or a border prince cult) i was looking towards averland... that would be cook and the mad count is impressive. i really lime gelt aswell. so im trying to put him (or counts as him) in with some demigryphs... at the moment its a choice between a full cav army or a light2 themed with 2 luminarks 2 level 2 light wizards 2 warrior priests and volkmar... which would be awesome... but then its paint achemes... im not a massive fan of havi.g a seperate order to my province so perhaps a border prince list would work well. but i could do that with both of them...

Offline Saxious

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 06:29:33 AM »
Hey there,

Well, if you like the peasant looks then I'd recommend Stirland for you, but if you prefer knights I'd say Averland since they have the reputation of having the best horses in the Empire. While yellow isn't exactly the color I find easiest to paint, it stills looks really good, and Stirland does have a peasant appearance due to their green and yellow colors.

You can always take a look at the various states and themes here:
http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Empire

To be quite fair though, it won't do the biggest as for which theme you choose. The Empire is suppose to be one of the most flexible armies in the warhammer world.

I chose Talabheim because the city is siege orientated, so it gave me an excuse to pack up on Great Canons and all sorts of explosives, and it is also a border between the official Sigmar cult and the more local Taal and northern Ulric cults in the north, so that way I could allow myself to bring some warrior priests, witch hunters and wizards with the Lore of Beasts.

Offline Lordjig6

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 09:27:08 PM »
Thanks.  My Idea now is more on a modeling theme... :biggriin: Im going Peasnts and using alot of Brettonia Models... Like men@Arms for halbadiers.  Battle pilgrims as greatswords.  etc...

Offline Corax13

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 04:42:23 PM »
Hey, if you're going Stirland, with peasants and all, you can still work it into that war priest/light magic combo you suggested.

Being on the border of Sylvania, it wouldn't be out of place to have witch hunters amongst the peasant mob. A light wizard is always a plus when fighting the undeads as is a war priest with a following of sigmarites (fanatics) (might not be as good as before, but fluff-wise, still an awesome option). Archers and/or hunters would also fit in nicely. And maybe some converted pistoliers ranging about the borders.

I am personally, building a Knights of Morr army based in the town of Siegfriedhof, near the border with Sylvania. It will have lots of knights and a few demigryffs, but mostly alot of peasants armed with scythes, pitchfork and torches, captained by a fanatical witch hunter. Can't wait to get my box of Empire militia to start converting my peasants.
Thou shalt pass beyond the gates!