home

Author Topic: Tomb King Monsters  (Read 2494 times)

Offline Dragonmasterb69

• Members
Tomb King Monsters
« on: September 08, 2021, 09:25:52 PM »
I'm building a tomb kings army and im very new to the game in general I'm reading through the army choice in the book and I can't find any models anywhere for bastethi and ammut, was there ever any models. If not what size base would there models be I want to try and kitbash bastethi unit if possible they have cool rules.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Tomb King Monsters
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2021, 09:59:47 AM »
I'm building a tomb kings army and im very new to the game in general I'm reading through the army choice in the book and I can't find any models anywhere for bastethi and ammut, was there ever any models. If not what size base would there models be I want to try and kitbash bastethi unit if possible they have cool rules.
Don't recall GW making figures for either of those.  Bastethi is a cat like creature, so I suppose it wouldn't be out of the question to find a figure.  And Ammut is more of a beast like looking creature, so that might be tougher.

I'd check to see if the rules for Bastethi make it a cavalry unit or something else before choosing base size.  As for Ammut, not sure what to suggest for that creature.

Welcome to W-E! :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Dragonmasterb69

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 02:48:05 AM »
I was going to go with infantry models because it's says they are in ranks of five and they only get their special rule after at least two ranks going up to three so like a four ranked cavalry unit would be crazy

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2021, 02:53:39 AM »
Forgive me, I don't know if GW classified them as infantry or cavalry.  Tomb Kings seemed to be an army that didn't have as many players as some of the others, and so it was rare when I even saw one on the table top.  They looked like a neat army to have though.

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline brr-icy

• Members
  • All the things 6th
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2021, 11:19:41 AM »
Forgive me, I don't know if GW classified them as infantry or cavalry.  Tomb Kings seemed to be an army that didn't have as many players as some of the others, and so it was rare when I even saw one on the table top.  They looked like a neat army to have though.

Tomb Kings were decently popular in 6th and 7th before the 8th book nerfed them into oblivion. They were a top tier army if built right. 8th, they were one of the worst armies thanks to the new book. They are annoyingly expensive to collect now though

Offline Dragonmasterb69

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2021, 07:16:28 PM »
Most of the models and kitbashed if I'm being honest but I have Necrolopis knights and chariots real. The basetethi are 12 points a model in 8th. Also on the same note was there ever a kmeric Titan model ik it's basically a huge scarab.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 07:21:04 PM by Dragonmasterb69 »

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2021, 02:41:10 PM »
Isnt there a cat-like monster in the War cry range? Could you use it

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2021, 03:21:26 PM »
I haven’t heard of these units? Is it the 6th ed or 8th ed book?
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2021, 03:46:39 PM »
As far as I know, in GW publications, Bastethi are only mentioned in WFRP2  Lure of the Liche Lord, and Ammut not at all (?). However, the unofficial Warhammer Armies Project has included both in its Tomb Kings Army Book. 
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2021, 05:48:45 AM »
If the Bastethi are some sort of cat-people, you could search for catfolk from other manufacturers. Usually, if there is a D&D equivalent to a people/monster, someone produces it. At least Reaper produces some catfolk. However, they are not undead, less mummified.

Ammut - as crocodile-headed lions - bring to my mind some Mierce Miniatures monsters. But they also seem to be easily modified from quality toys: pick up some crocodiles and some lions, chop chop, and add a lion's mane around the seam. Again, if you need that undead vibe, my ideas probably don't work.

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline brr-icy

• Members
  • All the things 6th
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2021, 11:16:41 AM »
As far as I know, in GW publications, Bastethi are only mentioned in WFRP2  Lure of the Liche Lord, and Ammut not at all (?). However, the unofficial Warhammer Armies Project has included both in its Tomb Kings Army Book.

ah, it's not for actual warhammer, it's for one of the 9th editions. I was confused as well.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2021, 02:56:28 PM »
Check out the Crocodile Games - Wargods of Aegyptus range. I know I have been wanting to pick up sone if their minis for a long time.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2021, 12:48:34 PM »
FOUND IT
Warcy Mindstealer Sphiranx

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2021, 01:42:56 PM »
Oooooo ... that would be a good choice! :icon_biggrin: :icon_cool: :::cheers:::