home

Author Topic: Pandemonium Multi-PLog (update: out)  (Read 296154 times)

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
Re: Pandemonium Multi-PLog (Hobbits)
« Reply #1025 on: September 17, 2017, 11:59:06 PM »

Trial painting on first two minis for the Boar Cleavers unit.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #1026 on: September 25, 2017, 03:54:09 AM »

Had to head out of town for a most of the week on short notice. Had a miserable time in Texas. Got home and had a busy weekend. But I did rush a few minis through...

In the center is the canine mascot for the Boar Cleavers (first two figures from last week are flanking him/her -- I think I need to come up with a name!)

On the ends are a couple of test figures for an upcoming unit (or two) of human halberdiers.

There will be even more humans to come, for the Jackrabbit Trading Company! Including archers. I've got this notion that the humans stuck with archery, while the hobbits, recognizing the limits of their pull strength and stature, switched to crossbows. (In case you're wondering about the odd reversal of fantasy stereotypes.)

When hobbits settled in the Little Country, there were already humans living there. The newcomers formed their own communities, as well as joining existing communities of the "tall folk." For the most part, the humans of the region found that they had more in common with the "little folk" than they had with their nominal governors bustling Marienburg, nor their neighbors in Bretonnia & the Empire, and the region has benefited.

When Nob Scrobbleton formed his Jackrabbit Trading Company, he recruited across the region. The Company is comprised of almost as many humans as hobbits (and even a handful of dwarfs!)

I believe the figure to the left is from a a Grenadier "Fighting Men" pack (now sold by Mirliton), and the gent on the right is from Front Rank. As previously mentioned, the hobbits are from Westfalia, and the dog has been confirmed as a (former) Mega Mini figure, now sold by Turnkey Miniatures.

Whoops! I just realized I forgot to go back and highlight the human's halberd heads! Guess I will go do that momentarily...

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #1027 on: September 25, 2017, 07:33:29 AM »
I like the humans, too!
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #1028 on: September 25, 2017, 12:19:11 PM »
Purple always looks good, but yours is particularly vibrant. It'll look really good in contrast to your Undead and Fimir palettes when they meet up on the battlefield.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #1029 on: October 04, 2017, 12:39:04 AM »
Thanks, that's what I'm hoping for. Plus still (hopefully) being able to be either distinct from the "riot of color" Marienburgers, or alternately complimenting them (depending on whether they are on the same or opposite sides of the battlefield.)

Boar Cleavers are finished. At least the ones I have. I'd really like to bulk the unit out to something more like 20-25!

« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 12:41:36 AM by ZeroTwentythree »

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #1030 on: October 04, 2017, 12:57:05 AM »
wow I really like these little fellows
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
Re: Pandemonium Multi-PLog (Nightmare Legion)
« Reply #1031 on: October 07, 2017, 06:45:22 PM »
Thanks! More soon to be painted. But for the moment...

I've still had some unfinished Nightmare Legion minis hanging around. I'm leaning towards playing Undead for my first KoW tournament, in Nov., so thought I would (very!) quickly finish painting them. I will have to pull out the ones that were previously paited, but I'm hoping I can field a horde. If not, I would like to pick up a few more. For the moment, though, I will just infill up to 40 strong with other skeletons.

Offline steveb

• Members
« Reply #1032 on: October 09, 2017, 04:16:55 AM »
ZeroTwentythree, great work. steveb

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #1033 on: October 09, 2017, 12:21:12 PM »
Looking good :)

I spotted some going for a decent price from Canada the other day, probably a better deal on P&P for you than for me - I think the price was around $50 for maybe 20 minis?

Mind you, the KoW rules don't use casualty removal (I believe?) so an enormous unit filler is an easy / cheap option when you've got a deadline to meet.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #1034 on: October 10, 2017, 01:29:21 AM »
Haha, I saw some at a very decent price and put in a bid. I really shouldn't, but now I want a KoW hoard. After pulling all of what I've got so far, I'm falling shorter of that goal than I had thought.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #1035 on: October 11, 2017, 03:13:21 PM »
Well, there it is. Won 27 (though one appears broken) more for the bargain price of $2 each, delivered. I hadn't planned on any more miniatures purchases for the foreseeable future, but I couldn't pass that up. My reward to myself for working a boatload of OT the past two weeks!

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1036 on: October 11, 2017, 03:31:58 PM »
Congrats! :::cheers:::

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1037 on: October 11, 2017, 03:40:49 PM »
These skellies are the best. Not sure how you can make a bunch of bones all unique. The unit champ is even more cool cause he’s hiding his skull under that awesome helmet.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #1038 on: October 12, 2017, 12:03:23 PM »
A broken mini is just another convertitunity :)

Nice haul, that's going to be one big unit! Mine is only counts-as 50, and I cheated a lot with multi-basing and fillers ;)

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #1039 on: October 14, 2017, 05:06:21 AM »

Continuing to work on some odds & ends. Mostly single figures to fill in gaps or finish off batches of figures. Finished the orc skeleton for my non-human skeletons, an old (mid?) school wight, and an old RP mini that will also be going in with the wights.

Also... that's technically my first orc done for Orctober. ;)

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
Re: Pandemonium Multi-PLog (Orctober)
« Reply #1040 on: October 15, 2017, 05:00:27 PM »

"Orcs (Three Different Ones)" My tiny Orctober project. Old, Midddle, and New. Green, Sallow, and Skeletal.

Offline scrubber

• Members
Re: Pandemonium Multi-PLog (Orctober)
« Reply #1041 on: October 15, 2017, 06:35:38 PM »
I want a bulldog like that. Like the Orcs very LOR, better than green.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
Re: Pandemonium Multi-PLog (Orctober + Skeletal Odds & Ends)
« Reply #1042 on: October 16, 2017, 01:35:01 AM »
I'm clearing out some of the unpainted odds & ends in my undead collection. Individuals & small groups that were left out from previous painting binges.

Pics below, if you want to read the wordy bits, you'll have to go to my blog: http://www.zerotwentythree.com/2017/10/more-skeletal-odds-ends.html

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #1043 on: October 18, 2017, 03:45:41 AM »

Two big skeletons from the last Reaper Bones KS. I didn't do as well as I would have liked on the minotaur, but I had already decided that I wanted to get the metal version as I was cleaning up the mold lines. So he will be getting replaced at some point. Just a really nice figure. Both are.

For the moment, they will be joining the ogres, so I can run a "counts as" KoW horde of undead trolls.

Indecisive about what to paint next...

Offline steveb

• Members
« Reply #1044 on: October 19, 2017, 05:47:54 PM »
next? you must make a small graveyard vignette to use as a unit filler, maybe something like where they mark deadly car crashes with crosses and flowers alongside the road, but instead an actual place where they buried someone with the skelly coming up out of the ground, or maybe a skelly fighting a vulture who has his arm or skull in his beak, anyway something whimsical for sure and then back to more bones!  steveb

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #1045 on: November 01, 2017, 01:34:09 AM »
I should be playing KoW in a couple weeks. This is what I'm thinking of taking, nothing but bones. I needed to start sorting out figures anyway, and thought it was a good way to pass the time while waiting for trick-or-treaters who never showed up. (On the plus side, there's a full bowl of candy left for me!) I still have to finish 13 more Nightmare Legion to finish the horde. If I don't get them done in time, I will swap that unit out for some other skeletons.

Halloween craftiness below. I've been sick the past few days, but enjoyed a little bit of the holiday spirit. Made the mask but didn't really wear it other than for a quick photo.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1046 on: November 01, 2017, 02:58:54 AM »
Cool! :icon_biggrin: :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1047 on: November 01, 2017, 01:19:59 PM »
By the gods!! That rabbit is awesome. Looks like it could be Darth Rabbit if you had a light sabre. 😸🐰
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Rogers Kul

• Members
« Reply #1048 on: November 01, 2017, 02:40:50 PM »
The rabbit is a fine piece... but the skeleton army is astonishing!

:eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #1049 on: November 04, 2017, 03:37:25 AM »
Thanks. Half the inspiration behind doing a rabbit mask was the Black Rabbit of Inlé.

At some point I've like to try taking a photo of the whole skeleton army. (And finish painting the rest...)