home

Author Topic: Primaris Raptors army  (Read 4140 times)

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
Primaris Raptors army
« on: August 03, 2017, 10:46:49 PM »
I'm going to break away from the main 8th Ed thread to showcase my new Primaris Raptor space marine force. I'm aiming for roughly a 2000pts force in the end. This is going to be a mixed bag of units to show case each type, and not a competitive army. TBH i'm not sure you can make a competitive army from only primaris marines. There are to many holes in the limited options available.
I'm still working on the actual final list, but i'll get it up when its ready. However i have been working on the force, starting with the contents of the Dark Imperium box. I've also got a box of reivers so far.
Someone on B&C tipped me off to an American website for chapter insignia transfers so i've ordered a sheet of them, which are on route.
The lieutenant and the first 10 intercessors are nearly done, just the chapter transfer to apply. I have also assembled the 5 hellblasters (minus one helmeted head which will have to wait for the multipart intercessors to come out, no unhelmeted heads for me) The reivers are a right pain to put together in terms of cleaning mould lines and number of pieces. Five down, at least five to go.

There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
Re: Primaris Raptors army
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 08:16:06 AM »
They look great! But I miss a breaking color on 1 shoulderpad / kneepad, I think that would really make them stand out, unless that wasn't the idea you had or the fluff for this chapter.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 10:51:55 AM »

What are the primaris options atm? only the models in the dark imperium plus this little release?

They look really cracking. We should have a game soon!
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 02:50:26 PM »
I love the Reivers, and I generally don't like space marine stuff. Looking forward to seeing those painted.

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 08:47:46 PM »
Thanks guys.

SKS they are a sneaky chapter. The colour scheme and insignia is straight out the of the FW Badab wars books. Just the chapter symbol to go.
Finlay there is one troop, one dedicated transport, on heavy support, one fast attack, two elite and the four main types of characters. Strangely only armed with bolters, plasma and sword weapons. No power axes or mauls. Not a great selection. You need to mix them in really for competitive lists. However i going pure.  The dedicated transport, the repulsor, is between 260 and 340 pts!
Gankom, im looking forward to assembling the combat knives half of the squad, they have the best poses. The bolters are just a better game choice to drop on to objectives and double shoot 24" with the bolter.

Paintimg starts tomorrow, i used the microsol for the first time yesterday on the lieutenants and its worked a treat in flattening the transfer to the shoulder pad

So why you complaining!

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 09:41:28 PM »
I don't blame ya, I've been planning the same thing for my eventual kit. What are the special weapon options like? I like the grappling guns (although not as interested in the grapple being fired piece).

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2017, 01:24:13 AM »
Looking great! :icon_cool: :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2017, 09:55:16 AM »
Gankom the grappling guns allow you to outflank and ignore verticals distances when moving. The grav chutes are for deep striking. You can have both but it's 4pts a model for both. 2 each. I think the grav chutes are best. The wording of deployment forces grappling guns is limiting.

So why you complaining!

Offline neverness

• Members
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2017, 12:31:27 AM »
Those turned out great! Very nice pics as well.
 :::cheers:::
Have you played any games with them yet?

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2017, 11:52:45 AM »
Not a big fan of Super-Space Marines, but you've made yours in a really cool way. That color scheme is rocking!
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2018, 01:55:25 PM »
Here is a little update on this army. I have finished off the second reiver squad. I want to try them as part of my strike from the shadows alpha strike force. The have special grenades which prevent overwatch so are a great unit to charge first with.

So why you complaining!

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2018, 03:44:43 PM »
I freaking love Reivers. Those look fantastic.

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2018, 02:46:30 AM »
Great job
I love seeing lesser used chapter armies.

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2018, 11:02:27 PM »
I will have to keep an eye on them then.. T'au doesn't really like them negating overwatch
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2018, 01:54:00 PM »
Dat spec ops feel, dem knives. You really know how to spoil a man, FR1DAY.
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau