home

Author Topic: The W-E At Least 3 Days Per Week Hobby Club ...  (Read 71504 times)

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Re: The W-E At Least 3 Days Per Week Hobby Club ...
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2020, 10:56:59 AM »
Yes there is some control over pic dimension - maximums are set for the site as a whole, so that images remain within the post width.

However other 'edits' such as cropping or (I think they call them) filters are best done on your PC or device before you upload to your image host.

You could 'crop' the blank area above her hairdo, and a bit off the right margin - less background, more figure.
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2020, 11:29:12 AM »
Yep, an adjustment of height and width seems to work.  Here is a decent size ...

Here's what I painted yesterday:

Unspectacular, but solid work, I'd say. Hopefully, it'll look a lot better with a second layer.

How can I change the size of the pic? I can see all the mistakes I made too clearly.   :icon_lol:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2020, 11:30:12 AM »
Updating ...

Founding Club Members so far ... those who joined the first week and must have at least three days this week to be considered founding members ... GP, Artoban, Dihenydd, Padre, Gankom, Novogrod, TaraGreen, ...

... and we'll make an exception for SKS if he decides to join, since he is away this week on vacation, although might be hobbying anyway. :icon_wink: :icon_cool:

The 1st Week's Tally Continues ...

1 Day ... Dihenydd, Gankom
2 Days ... Padre, Tara, Artoban
3 Days ... GP
4 Days or more ...
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 02:03:55 PM by GamesPoet »

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2020, 01:59:40 PM »
Paltry effort so far - base costed evocators with the infamous corax white. Been waiting for that since March and lived thru a too white substitute. That will actually force me to perform. No paint substitute excuses now.
Yipes
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2020, 02:03:28 PM »
 :icon_lol:  The world is awaiting and your's now, Artoban. :icon_wink:

Updated above! :::cheers:::

Offline TaraGreen

• Members
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2020, 05:14:15 PM »
Day 2:

Day 3:

Half of the highlights aren't visible on the pic above. On my to-do list for day 4: Research on decent portable shooting tents and tripods. If you have any recommendations, let me know.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2020, 05:27:39 PM »
Wow! ☝️ :eusa_clap:
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2020, 10:26:38 PM »
That is a nice looking board Padre! I love the look of it. Also, your scaling picture post freaked me out. I'm half asleep scrolling through and didn't see what was happening!

I've been a busy little bee so far. Day 2 saw more basecoating of models, a pretty wide selection. Day 3 I've been adding some details to older dwarf models and bringing them up to my modern standard.

Also nice to have you aboard TaraGreen! Welcome to the forum!

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2020, 10:37:01 PM »
Updating ...

Founding Club Members so far ... those who joined the first week and must have at least three days this week to be considered founding members ... GP, Artoban, Dihenydd, Padre, Gankom, Novogrod, TaraGreen, ...

... and we'll make an exception for SKS if he decides to join, since he is away this week on vacation, although might be hobbying anyway. :icon_wink: :icon_cool:

1 Day ... Dihenydd
2 Days ... Padre, Tara, Artoban
3 Days ... GP, Gankom
4 Days or more ...

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2020, 11:23:57 PM »
Deployment done! Pictures and information sent out to the players. Here are my favourite pics from this batch ...

Perette can see this lot in front of her tower ...

You can see her on the big tower, red haired, by the trebuchet ...

Glancing to his left, this is what Lord Urlak sees ...

Also he has spotted that at least some of the enemy defenders might not be real soldiers!

My favourite is a close up of Clan Skravell's leader Warlord Gurthrak, atop his Bonebreaker mount at the head of his 50 strong regiment ...

Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Michael W

• Members
  • In the Name of the Emperor since 2001
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2020, 03:00:52 AM »
The hundred days thing was a little much, but 3 days a week?  That I can manage.   :happy:

Monday I oversaw the Battle of Blood Gorge, between pillaging orcs who were headed home and the pursing Empire army.  I write game rules for my gaming group and I've been wanting to playtest my latest edits, so two of my friends came over and took command of the armies while I answered questions, made notes on my own inconsistencies, and delighted in the carnage.  =D  Seven turns saw a bloody mess on the field, with the Empire Halberdiers routed and the Pistoliers fleeing in shame (without losing a single man!) but the orcs paying a heavy price in blood and losing all of their trolls (and nearly their shaman...but that was solely due to his own fondness for exploring the Miscast chart).  We totaled VPs at the end of the engagement and in a 2,100 point game there was a difference of...71 points.  A very solid draw. 

And today I kept up work on painting projects.  Currently I'm cleaning up my painting shelf and clearing out some metal minis - I'm working on Boris Todbringer, two Imperial dwarf war machine crewman (one Averlander, one Middenlander), a wizard, a paladin, and the standard bearer for my Middenheim Greatswords.  The Paladin got her last bit of paint and has moved over to the varnishing shelf, but everyone else still has work to be done on them.  Once these guys are out of the way I'll be painting up a giant for my Greenskins, then probably priming and painting some skeletal archers.

So that's 2 days down and more to follow.

Let them taste Reikland steel!
----------------------------

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2020, 03:09:13 AM »
Updating ...

Founding Club Members so far ... those who joined the first week and must have at least three days this week to be considered founding members ... GP, Artoban, Dihenydd, Padre, Gankom, Novogrod, TaraGreen, Michael W, ...

1 Day ... Dihenydd
2 Days ... Tara, Artoban, Michael
3 Days ... GP, Gankom, Padre
4 Days or more ...

Offline TaraGreen

• Members
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2020, 04:39:47 AM »
3 days in my case (day 1 - Papa Smurf bust, day 2 & 3 - daemonette).  :icon_wink:

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2020, 09:26:06 AM »
I'm in

I've done at least 3 days already this week, pictures taken, but you will have to wait until next week for proof, as I am just off to the West Country to see the granddaughter.

Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2020, 10:02:50 AM »
Enjoy, Grandad. My boys are 9 and 11 so I'll have to wait a while for grandaddyship!
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2020, 11:21:57 AM »
Looks like a good start.  With 4 days of the 1st week done, we have 5 of 9 folks in the 3 category already, and 3 days to go in front of us.  Only Novogrod hasn't reported at all, Artoban and Michel are down with two, and Dihenydd has one, and waiting for SKS on vacation.

Today will be my fourth day ... I'm going to do a little bit of map drawing and encounter producing at lunch time for another role playing session with the nephews this evening.  So prepping 4 Day and 5 Day or more categories for week one's tally below.  Can't imagine I won't hit at least 5 days for the week with Saturday in front of us. Maybe even 6.

Updating ...

Founding Club Members so far ... those who joined the first week and must have at least three days this week to be considered founding members ... GP, Artoban, Dihenydd, Padre, Gankom, Novogrod, TaraGreen, Michael W, Midaski, ...

1 Day ... Dihenydd
2 Days ... Artoban, Michael
3 Days ... GP, Gankom, Padre, Midaski, Tara
4 Days ...
5 Days or more ...

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2020, 12:32:43 PM »
Play by e-mail game has begun!

As well as the pics I will use in the story report, I have to do Game-Play pics like this so that the players know their options!

(eg) Perette needs to decide who to use her fire magic on ...

Offline Dihenydd

• Members
  • Back on Hiatus
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2020, 04:28:26 PM »
I decided to re-introduce my lunch hour hobby time at work.  I can get a solid 45 min of work while avoiding co-workers.  I love having a reason to close my office door but my VP has already commented on my hobby tray on the shelf behind my desk.

Hopefully i will have something to report for tomorrow.
Sometimes the "Old Ones" just need to leave.....

Offline TaraGreen

• Members
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2020, 06:07:29 PM »
Day 4:

No shooting tent or tripod yet, but I managed to progress the daemonette. Still WIP and a lot of work on the metal parts to do though. 
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 06:10:05 PM by TaraGreen »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2020, 08:58:27 PM »
Updating ...

Founding Club Members so far ... those who joined the first week and must have at least three days this week to be considered founding members ... GP, Artoban, Dihenydd, Padre, Gankom, Novogrod, TaraGreen, Michael W, Midaski, ...

1 Day ... Dihenydd
2 Days ... Artoban
3 Days ... Gankom, Midaski, Michael
4 Days ... GP, Padre, Tara
5 Days or more ...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 09:16:41 PM by GamesPoet »

Offline Michael W

• Members
  • In the Name of the Emperor since 2001
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2020, 09:06:43 PM »
More work done today (which is kind of easy when the painting table is next to my computer...all hail remote work!).  Finished two dwarf crewmen and the wizard.  Standard bearer still needs some script and probably a final highlight on his banner.  Boris has a LOT of feathers, but I finished his gold and leather, so he's closer to done than I feel like he is.  Oh, and I'm terrified that I'm thinking about how to do a regiment of Imperial dwarfs.
Let them taste Reikland steel!
----------------------------

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2020, 09:16:11 PM »
Updated above, and congrats!  :::cheers:::

Just noticed that after 5 days we have 6 of 9 participants at 3 or more already, way to go :icon_exclaim:

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2020, 09:19:29 PM »
This play by mail is very intense, incredibly busy, and muddling. We've only done turn one! Gonna have to work stuff out better to proceed!

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2020, 09:29:28 PM »
Looks like fun! :icon_biggrin:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2020, 02:31:47 AM »
Roleplaying story update ... I will add some info from the other thread so those newer to the story have a clue as to what is going on here.

Have some of my nephews playing the 4 player characters all 2nd level ... a human fighter, a human ranger, a dark elf assassin, a halfling thief.  They are located inside a walled citystate that I have located on the coast somewhere south of Tobaro in Tilea.

Background from previous sessions: fighter(former soldier knows gate guards at North Gate) & ranger (former clothier trained by his parents who also have pet ravens) know each other from around town in the Clothier's District, while the dark elf has gone AWOL from former mercenary unit, and the halfling has left the family "business" based in the slum district.  They are at an inn near North Gate, and go outside to see military units (including dark elf Merc. unit) marching into the city.  Halfling ends up hearing a scream, and seeing a guy in yellow hooded cloak drop from a second story, and the party starts to chase, but the dude gets across the line of soldiers and the party gives up (end of session 1).  Party goes back to where the crime was committed, and runs into guards investigating from the Postern Gate.  This doesn't get far except trading some minimal info.  They crisscross the district making a stop at North Gate again, then back to crime site, where they go inside, and are able to locate the lady that screamed, and her merchant husband, the latter had his business book stolen by the thief in the yellow hooded cloak.  They go out and go across the district again, but run into the clanging sound of a sewer grate.  They investigate and muddle around in getting down into the sewer system (end of session 2).

So tonight ...

The party moves into the east to west sewer line heading in the direction of a heat source in the east.  They come to an intersection of sewer lines, and proceed to follow the heat source seen by the dark elf way down the north south line.  This sewer line has 2 1/2 foot wide ledges on both sides, and they walk south, and down the western side.  They run into another intersection, and continue proceeding south while beginning to see a greenish glow to the south as they walk.  Halfling leads slightly ahead of party with successful move silently, assassin short distance behind, and the two others further back a bit ready their missile weapons.  Halfling hears a human voice, and some other screechy voice. Gets to corner to see two dudes carrying a chest, and the yellow hooded dude shaking hands with a ratnoid (think skaven) with a greenish glowing globe on his back, and a mean looking pistol with a tube into the globe, and holding a book.  Behind the ratnoid is a rat ogre, two large ratnoids, and a bunch of smaller ratnoids behind them.  The party decides to beat a retreat, but the yellow hooded dude gets a good roll, and so does the ratnoid with the pistol.  The former orders his men wiht the chest away, and follows them.  The latter orders the rat ogre to charge, and then the two larger ratnoids to charge, while he begins to arm his pistol.  The fighter fires his arquebus, misses. Ranger fires two bow shots, one hits the rat ogre.  Everyone is then in motion.  Halfling flings a shuriken at the ratnoid aiming for the globe on his back, and gets a hit!  The globe starts emiting sparks, stuns the crud out of the ratnoid with the pistol, but the ogre keeps charging, as do the other ratnoids.  The party begins a fighting retreat, firing, and preparing for the rat ogre possibly reaching them, as it barrels over the edge into the water and up the other side.

Stay tuned for next week's exciting conclusion to the encounter! :icon_mrgreen:
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 03:12:20 AM by GamesPoet »