home

Author Topic: Attention all Pratchett fans!!!  (Read 1459 times)

Offline Polymphus

• Members
  • Prophet of Mild Unpleasantness.
Attention all Pratchett fans!!!
« on: December 20, 2004, 04:25:35 AM »
Just for a laugh...

Rincewind the Wizzard
Rincewind is a dogs of war hero choice or a rare+a hero in any army except Brettonia, he may never be the armies general.

M WS BS S T W I A Ld
8-4--0--3-4-3-7-1--5

Rincewind is a lvl1 wizard
200pts
Weapons: sock with a brick in it

Special Rules
Coward: Rincewind runs away from everyone and everything, this is shown in his abnormally high movement and in the fact he can flee 4D6inches
Sock with a brick in it:Rincewind once killed the great sourcerer Coin by whacking him with this weapon, it gives a +1S bonus and the bearer always strikes first in combat
Magic:Rincewind is the most pathetic wizard on the disk, instead of normal spells he does the follwing

Roll a D6
1,2 or 3, nothing happens, on a 4+ roll again on the table below

1: Dunegeon Dimensions, Rincewind accidentally teleports himself to the dungeon dimensions, he takes no further part in the game

2 or 3:Barking dog, Rincewind accidentally summons a small agatean cannon which promptly explodes, place a 5inch template within 24 inches on rincewind, anything caught underneath takes a S4 hit that allows no armour saves, anything under this template counts as being hit by something with the killing blow and is automatically wounded on a 6

4+:"Sercus, Sercus, mortus sum" Rincewind fails to do anything, he realises he is about to die and will run 2D6 away from the closest enemy unit

Luggage
M WS BS S T W I A Ld
8-2--0--6-7-4-1-*-10
Luggage always comes with runcewind and is included in his points cost.

Immune to phychology: c'mon people! its a damb box of course its immune to phychology!
Phychotic: the luggage is a killing machine, it will always pursue a fleeing enemy and has the killing blow special rule
Thousands of piggie wiggies: the luggage has 6D6 attacks
Terrible Tactician, Ponderous Painter, all around Lazy Bugger.

Offline RGB

• Members
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004, 06:21:02 AM »
Heh.

Well-researched, I must say  :-D

Will you do Cohen rules? What about Nanny Ogg?
[in the good of life]

Offline Polymphus

• Members
hmm...
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2004, 06:34:04 AM »
Cohen sounds like a good idea, how about Ridcully? lvl4 wizard? Vimes would make a good sergant in an Empire army, in fact I based my Captain on him

Offline Polymphus

• Members
Alrighty...
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2004, 06:53:28 AM »
Samuel "Stoneface" Vimes

Vimes takes up two hero slots, he may only be used in Empire armies

M WS BS S T W I A Ld
4--5---3--3-4-2-6-3-9

150pts
Weapons:see special rules

Special Rules
Street Fighter: Vimes isn't afraid to fight dirty, in a pinch he will use anything as a weapon and strike wherever its gonna hurt the most, he counts as having two hand weapons but if they are destroyed (by magic or opponents special abilities etc.) he loses no attacks, he also always strikes first in combat.

Genius: although to most he seems like a complete thug Vimes is actually incredibly intelligent and will always keep a clear head in a crisis, he is unaffected by anything that causes stupidity.

The beast: Vimes has on several occasions appeared to go into a state of extreme rage where he is impossible to stop, he has killed a wherewolf with his bare hands in this state, if Vimes takes a wound he is Frenzied until the end of your opponents next turn.

Thats all I can think of for now, Vimes is my favorite character from discworld so I just had to do him

Cheers
Polymphus

Offline Karl Schimmelfennig

• Members
  • Servant of the Slann
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2004, 01:53:37 PM »
I remember I did up an entry for some Discworld favourites as a joke...

The Witches Coven aka Granny Weatherwax, Nanny Ogg, Magrat Garlick and Greebo.

The Lancre Witches may be taken as a single Lord choice, and cost 620 points. Granny is worth 250, Nanny is worth 200, Magrat is worth 150 and Greebo is worth 20. In addition, if Granny Weatherwax is present in the army, she must be the Army General. The unit contains 3 small bases, and moves as a unit of Skirmishers. They all have the ability to fly. Greebo is carried on Nanny's shoulders at all times, except during close combat.

Granny Weatherwax is armed with her intellect and her broomstick. Magrat is armed with talismans, enchanted items, potions, relics, dried animal limbs and other implements of witching. Nanny Ogg is armed with Greebo.

The witches themselves never enter hand to hand combat, although Greebo is a different story.

Granny Weatherwax Special Rules

- Esme Weatherwax is a fearsome, intimidating old woman. She may join a unit, making it immune to fear, terror and panic. If she decides to lead from the back, they also become unbreakable. The collective consciousness of the unit has decided rather swiftly that nothing in front of them can be any worse than irritating Granny Weatherwax by running away.
- Esme is a level 4 witch, and always uses spells from the Lore of Life. In addition, she adds +1 to all attempts to cast her spells.
- The potent magical energies swirling around Esme give her a 3+ ward save against all magic.
- Esme is a master of what she likes to call "headology" - playing with the minds of her foes, as opposed to drawn out magical combat. Whenever Granny Weatherwax casts a spell with irresistible force, all enemy wizards within 24" are subject to stupidity until the end of their next magic phase.
- The broomstick carried by Granny Weatherwax is a genuine antique, which, while a talking point, does make it very difficult to start. Whenever the witches wish to fly, roll a D6. On a 1 or a 2, Magrat is unable to start Granny's broomstick for her and must spend the turn running up and down the battlefield. During the magic phase, Magrat is unable to cast spells, but still generates power and dispel dice as normal.
- Granny Weatherwax causes fear in all units within the Vampire Counts army. She may be equipped with a cup of lemon tea (+30 points) to cause terror.

Nanny Ogg Special Rules

- Nanny Ogg has a tremendous repertoire of songs, ditties and ballads - unfortunately her voice is not so tremendous. Her singing is renowned in Lancre, for all the wrong reasons. In the shooting phase, Gytha can strike up a song of her choice, although almost always the songs of choice are "A Wizard's staff has a Knob on the end" and "The Hedgehog can never be Buggered." All enemy units within 18" must take an immediate terror check. Unlike normal terror, a terror check must be taken for every unit, even ones that have already passed terror checks. You can overcome the terror caused by Giants, Dragons, Griffons, Steam Tanks and Carnosaurs, but you can never get used to Nanny Ogg's singing.
- Nanny Ogg is a level 3 witch, and always uses spells from the Lore of Metal. She has a 4+ ward save against all magic.
- Whenever Nanny Ogg is within 8" of a combat, Greebo is automatically assumed to take part.

Magrat Garlick Special Rules

- Magrat is a level 1 witch, and may only use Healing Hand, from the Lore of Life. Due to her immense repertoire of potions and whatnots, this spell is always cast with irresistible force.
- Magrat is armed with a broomstick, and may make a single attack against a nearby male enemy model. If she hits, the hit is resolved at strength 10 with no armour save. If she wounds, no wound is taken, but the target automatically becomes stupid until the end of its next turn, as it moves slowly round the battlefield clutching at his groin.
- Magrat has a 5+ ward save against all magic.

Greebo

- Greebo may enter a single close combat within 8". He has a 2+ ward save against everything, and does D3 wounds against any target larger than he is (read: anything). In addition, after causing one wound, Greebo becomes subject to frenzy, and must enter a single close combat within 8" - Nanny is no longer able to restrain him from disembowelling the nearest thing he sees.

General Rules

- The witches of Lancre are subject to animosity. If they fail, they automatically squabble for that turn.
Famous Quotes from History:

"To beat the French."

The Iron Duke summarises his battle plan at Waterloo.

Offline Polymphus

• Members
How about...
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2004, 09:13:59 PM »
This is gonna go on for a while but oh well, here goes nothing

C.M.O.T Dibbler, Merchant Entrepenure(sp?)
Takes up one hero slot
60pts
M4 WS2 BS0 S3 T3 W2 I7 A1 Ld6

Weapons: Sausage inna bun

Special Rules

Sausage inna bun: during the combat phase dibbler may attempt to sell his opponents a sausage inna bun, roll a D6, on a 2+ Dibbler has succeded and the every model in base to base contact with dibbler must take a toughness test or take an automatic wound no saves of any type allowed, if a model has already taken a wound from the sausage inna bun he may not take another...he's not eating one of those again!

They made dibbler eat his own pies!:Dibbler was once force fed several of his own pies by an angry mob, he is immune to poisoned attack

Tricky Bugger:Dibbler always runs away when trouble starts brewing, he has a 6+ ward save to show his experience in this field

Tons of them!!!:There is a different person who look exactly like Dibbler almost everywhere in the world, he may be included in any army, even if your opponent uses him you may also use him

Offline Imrael

• Members
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2004, 09:52:38 AM »
How about Corporal Carrott. Something like

Corporal Carrott (Hero)  Carrott takes up 1 Lord Slot and 1 Hero Slot (because he is of course really a king, but denies it).

M4 WS5 BS4 S4 T5 W3 I7 A3 Ld10
180 Pts.  Armour/shields/weapons available as per EC choice.  Up to 100 points magic weapons.  No mounts available

Reluctant Hero.
Carrott may not be the army general if Vimes, the patrician or an EC is in the army.
Carrott may not be the the BSB
Carrott may not issue challenges, but must always accept any challenges.  If in a unit, he must be nominated to meet the first challenge

Kingly Aura.  Carrot acts like the army general in allowing units within 12" to use his leadership.

Nice Guy.  Neither Carrott nor the unit he is with may charge a fleeing unit

I also wondered about having the "watch" as a bodyguard unit for Carrott or Vimes - like  Grimgores black guard.

Anyone for Angua as a Strigoi vampire?
People said "smile - things could get worse"
So I did smile
And things did get worse

Offline Polymphus

• Members
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2005, 05:14:49 AM »
go into the post titles "Ahnk Morpork Characters"

http://www.lightalliance.co.uk/hammer/viewforum.php?f=5