home

Author Topic: Regiment of Renown  (Read 4049 times)

Offline Defender of Ulthuan

• Members
Regiment of Renown
« on: January 07, 2005, 11:43:12 AM »
Hey guys
Ive read the regiment of renown and Im a little confused..
1. How do you pick a General.
2. How do you use Regiment of Renown.( Whats the army requirements )
3.Or does anyone have a army list ( Regiment of Renown) for review?

Thanks guys for your help in advance.!!
Im a Drama Setter gripping my beretta sipping armeretta man you crazy if u think im gon let up

Offline Lord_Leviathan

• Members
Regiment of Renown
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2005, 03:59:11 PM »
Regimets of Renown ar simply additional DOW regiments. For info on how you use them as an army check the Dogs of War armylist. In the descripion of each Renown-unit it says wether it is a core-special-rare unit in a DOW army (or empire for that reason).

I must say that most Regiments of Renown are quite colourful but all are hideously expensive and with a few exceptions a would not dream of fielding them.
-FIGHT OR DIE! he screamed
So we fought..
And died

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Regiment of Renown
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 04:06:38 PM »
It is a bit confusing, but they did a rules set on it over two issues of WD in the UK, and then reprinted them in the UK Annual 2002.
I don't know how it was done in Oz.

Regiments of Renown are individual units with their own 'leaders' who are special characters. The basic regiment comes with the characters and usually a fixed amount  of troops - you can then add extra troops for 'x' points per model.
They are usually fixed items, equipment, and if you are using them as mercenaries in another army, they cannot be joined by normal characters.

Dogs of War is the term for the basic mercenary units, without the special characters. They can form a mercenary complete 'Dogs of War' army on their own, and you can include the Regiments of Renown within that Dogs of War army.

You really need to have a look at the lists, as it can get quite involved with what is core special and rare.
Just for example; Braganza's Besiegers - a crossbow unit with Heavy Armour and a 'pavise' (sort of big shield) can be a core unit in a Dogs of War army, and a special unit in all other warhammer armies except Brets and Skaven.

UK website download:

http://uk.games-workshop.com/warhammerworld/warhammer/regiments_of_renown/regiments_of_renown.htm

There's a large type download pdf for the RoR, and if you look further down the page a smaller type download for DoW. Plus there's some of the new regiments since the original list was done.

If I understood the question, I think what you need is "the Dogs of War Army List' download which explains about how to form up the army.
I hope that helps.
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Senor D

• Members
Regiment of Renown
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2005, 12:54:21 AM »
I made a Dogs of War army list right after i downloaded the pdf (I was bored), and it needs reviewing, so here it is:

disclaimer:I have never played Dogs of War and this is my first and only army list with them. Be kind!

Dogs Of War 2000 Points

Characters:

Mercenary Captain~60
(general, joins pikemen)
-Heavy Armor
-Great Weapon
-Shield

Paymaster~65
(joins paymaster’s bodyguard, duh)
-Heavy Armor
-Great Weapon
-Shield

Hireling Wizard~110
-2 dispel scrolls

Core:

29 Pikemen~349
-Heavy Armour
-Full Command

8 Deullists~40

30 Pikemen~360
-Heavy Armour
-Full Command

8 Deullists~40

10 Deullists~90
-Pistols

5 Light Cavalry~60
-Spears

5 Light Cavalry~60
-Spears

Special:

24 Paymaster’s Bodyguard~295
-War Banner
-Heavy Armour
-Full Command

3 Ogres~133
-Great Weapons
-Champion

3 Ogres~133
-Great Weapons
-Champion

10 Halflings~60

Rare:

Cannon~85

Halfling Hot Pot~50

Total Models: 146
Power: 3
Dispel: 3 + 2 scrolls
yep.

• Members
Regiment of Renown
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2005, 12:57:23 AM »
Right so am I right in saying that this is a legal list.

*I need to have a Paymaster in army.
*Can he have Warbanner?
*As my general can I use say Lupo, and other Leaders in the book?

Merc General (Lord)
Paymaster (hero bsb)
Wizard (hero)

Core..

6 Volands
12 Marksmen of Miragliano
18 Ricco's Guard.

Special..

15 Cursed Company
Oglah Wolf Boys

Rare..
Gotreks and Felix..

Offline queek

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Regiment of Renown
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2005, 03:24:57 AM »
get some pistols on them there duelists.   :twisted:

check out the Merchant Prince site for information on DoW.  The site should be in our sticky Links thread.

Offline Kulgan

• Members
Regiment of Renown
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2005, 11:15:08 AM »
DOW armies can choose from the common magic list, and the warbanner is on that list.

Good thing about the DOW is the fact that you can take a pegasus captain, cannons.

There's a unit of IC knights as Voland Venalotrs ( wrong name )

10 Dwarf Crossbowmen deployed 5x2 are great to put on your hill to protect the cannons.

There's real cheap fast Cav and offcourse pikemen.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Regiment of Renown
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2005, 12:28:09 PM »
Quote from: Defender of Ulthuan
Right so am I right in saying that this is a legal list.

It's legal, but don't expect to win many games with it. You have too few units, and they cost too much.

The paymaster can't carry a magic banner - no option for him to take one. Only the paymaster's bodguard can.

You can indeed take Lupo, Borgio or one of the others as general. They count as special characters though.

For more on DoW/RoR, read this article!

http://www.warhammer-empire.com/Mercenaries%20and%20The%20Empire.pdf
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Regiment of Renown
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2005, 12:36:53 PM »
Quote from: Senor D

Mercenary Captain~60
(general, joins pikemen)
-Heavy Armor
-Great Weapon
-Shield

Get a lord as the general. He's a decent fighter, and Ld 9 is important.

29 Pikemen~349
-Heavy Armour
-Full Command

Maybe just get 27, and go for 7-wide 4-deep (including the general). Could lose heavy armour to save points, since it doesn't make much difference normally.

30 Pikemen~360
-Heavy Armour
-Full Command

Again, 30 is a lot. 7-wide is good, since these guys need to make kills to do their job (unlike Empire infantry). 28, 7-wide or 24 6-wide are the most efficient unit sizes. You don't want a bunch of guys in the back doing nothing - not at 10-11 points each! Again, it might be worth losing the heavy armour.

24 Paymaster’s Bodyguard~295
-War Banner
-Heavy Armour
-Full Command

These are awful. Stubborn won't last, since the paymaster is always the first one to be targeted in combat. You'd be better off with more pikemen (and a pikemen unit is a safer place for the paymaster as well, thanks to all those pike attacks).

3 Ogres~133
-Great Weapons
-Champion

Great, but the champion isn't always worth it - specifically if you want to use them to kill off characters, having a champion reduces the number of attacks you can bring to bear.

Everything else is fine.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

• Members
Regiment of Renown
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2005, 02:01:31 PM »
My list wasnt really thought about..
I just wanted to know if it was legal..
My list will be alot better..
Im a Drama Setter gripping my beretta sipping armeretta man you crazy if u think im gon let up