home

Author Topic: OT: Here we go again - LARPing  (Read 16354 times)

Offline Zoren

• Members
OT: Here we go again - LARPing
« on: October 17, 2006, 08:25:42 AM »
Hi again.

Some of you might remember this thread:
http://www.warhammer-empire.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,74/topic,10575.0
About last easters Warhammer LARP-scenario in Denmark.
Next year, at eastertime, the rematch is held, where Mithieu de Braye (after returning from five years as a questing knight) tries to reclaim his lands from Emperial Rule.

I am leading Gessners Jägers(huntsmen) once again, and this year will be bigger and better than ever!
So if any of you guys wan't to give it a try, I've got room in my group, or, I could liasans with other groups, or the GMs for you to run your own group at the scenario.
(Of course this will be of most relevanse to those of you from Denmark, Sweden and Germany becaurse of travelling expenses)

I'll update this thread as the projekt moves along, and at least with pics when it's all over.
If any of you are interested in participating(or otherwise) please send me an e-mail
For those of you who read Danish, here is a link to the Scenarios site:www.krigslive.dk

Talabheim Zweihänders(Greatswords)

See you around.
-Søren

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
Re: OT: Here we go again - LARPing
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 09:38:08 AM »
What norwegians aren't allowed?
Man, you're such a geek. :roll: :wink:
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline Zoren

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 10:00:51 AM »
Yup i am.. Proud of it too :roll:

Of cause they are...

-Søren

Offline McKnight

• Members
  • Its the No. of posts that make you a veteran-gamer
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 10:03:18 AM »
I watched some pictures from last time a couple of months ago, and it looks awesome.

Would be cool to join up, but dont have any equipment at all and i am only 17 :icon_mad:
"Me? I'm practically perfect in every way!"- Rufas the eccentric.
Rufas had Two Ton Sally. I have Silicon Sally!
EuroBashes attended: 1

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 10:31:56 AM »
Looking forward to the report!
I don't know what Caesar thought when he got to the Ides of March
Don't know what Houdini bought when he went to the store
But I sure do miss the eighties

Offline Grutch

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 04:02:22 PM »
Awesome pic!

Do me a huge favor and rank up and pose like yer in a fight so I have some nice reference pictures to pull from.

-Grutch

Offline Pistol Pete

• Members
  • Pistolicious!
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2006, 05:59:05 AM »
Can we please get rid of the toilet paper around the necks?  Puffy sleeves, floppy hats, and slippers I can live with, but those ruffs have got to go.  Methinks it's time to *convert* those costumes...
Desperately seeking Chaos Warrior heads & Skull banner tops from new empire missle troops sprue.  Will trade for bitz, barter, or $$$.  PM or email me to discuss details.

Offline Zoren

• Members
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2006, 06:20:14 AM »
HAHA. It was only on the greatswords, and it looked SO cool!

Hey Grutch.

There are some pics in this thread:
http://www.warhammer-empire.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,74/topic,10575.0,
and 500+ here:
http://troa.dk/gallery/index.php?cat=30
The five upper pics are the galleries. last three are the most interesting..

And then i have a question for you guys since i'm not a regular Empire player.
My character (Sergeant Gessner got quite religious after the victory, so i thought i'd let that show next time around. He's not a fanatic, just more devoted. I'm planning on shaving my head, and maybe getting a hammer tatoo(painted). And then I'd like one of those fancy Purity Seals on my armour, The seal is no problem, il cast it in epoxy or latex, and paint it, but the prayer.. I'll need some kind of soldiers prayer, or general praise, of Sigmar, like the "Our Heavenly Father"(Pater Noster). And while i could go write one myself it would be cool if there was one from some "official" or recognised source.. Anyone?

-Søren
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 06:34:29 AM by Zoren »

Offline Karl Schimmelfennig

• Members
  • Servant of the Slann
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2006, 06:44:46 AM »
When you say medieval LARPing - please tell me you do it with more class and realism than this notorious bunch of clowns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ufaBKdY60w

Must be a heaven's mage - LIGHTNING BOLT! LIGHTNING BOLT! LIGHTNING BOLT!
Famous Quotes from History:

"To beat the French."

The Iron Duke summarises his battle plan at Waterloo.

Offline Zoren

• Members
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2006, 12:43:26 PM »
Heh..

Well. Yes. We do.

But anyway. There are really a lot of great (embarrasing) clips out there on LARP'ers and roleplayers..
This:
Fear of Girls
For eksample made me laugh for 20 minutes straight..

-Søren

Offline Zoren

• Members
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 03:35:51 PM »
Hey you all.

I know it's been a long time, but finally the second round of Warhammer LARP was held last weekend. It was a blast!
I thought I'd show you a couple of pics.

This one is the absolutely awesome looking Warrior Priest of Sigmar accompanying the Stirland 9th Halberdiers that some of you might remenber from last years pics.

link to the gallery

I'll post a couple of more, and some links as the pics become available on-line.

Cheers
Zoren
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 04:00:23 PM by Zoren »

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2007, 03:38:30 PM »
Do you guys just go to the armour store?!
I'm in college!

Offline Rufas the Eccentric

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Taken from us May 9th 2008 - But never forgotten
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2007, 04:24:02 PM »
Mr. Schimmelfenig:  It's good to hear from you again.  I was beginning to think the British authorities may have locked you up for nefarious activities.  However, what's the worst they can do, put you on a slow boat to Australia?  :smile2:

Dendo:  At least with respect to CW living history, there is an entire cottage industry to provide the participants with everything they could possibly need and many things they don't need at all (but look cool).  A similar cottage industry exists to supply the Renaissance festivals.  If you have a talent such as juggling while wearing tights and a cloak, or swallowing swords without killing yourself, you can escape the 21th century almost completely and travel the Renaissance festival circuit.
Sigmar on a sling, the stuff some people come up with. . . .

Offline Grutch

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2007, 04:26:12 PM »
Wow that's awesome!  Now if you can get a bunch of hot girls to dress up as dark elves and fight you,  I'd buy a suit of armor and fly over. 

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2007, 04:38:04 PM »
No, I mean I know of the industry.

I want to be able to say, on a daily basis, "Going out to the Armour Store, baby.  I'll get milk to."
I'm in college!

Offline Captain Tineal

• Members
  • You will join me or die! Could you do any less?
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2007, 05:35:51 PM »
Wow that's awesome!  Now if you can get a bunch of hot girls to dress up as dark elves and fight you,  I'd buy a suit of armor and fly over. 

Maybe Daemonettes?  Where's the drooly smiley? :OP~~~~
I don't know what a pisolires is but it sounds like a musical instrument you play with urine...

Offline Oss

• Members
  • getürmt aus Buch auf Buch, verlassen und verflucht
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2007, 06:03:31 PM »
Dress up? If your talking Witch elves it's rather not dress up  :engel:

Edit: And those picture are just awesome, especially the priest.
Quoted From Wyzer1: "Actually I believe most of the game is fairly well balanced, and I applaud GW for this awesome game. Thats why we pay $300++ for their models. That and we all have mental issues."

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2007, 07:09:08 PM »
I am SO jealous in a horrible way.
I'm in college!

Offline Zoren

• Members
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2007, 07:40:23 PM »
Hi again.

The next one will probably see The Empire and Brettonia as allies squaring off against a Chaos Warlord with his Darl Elf and Wampiric minions.
So yeah, there'l be witch elves! Maybe deamonettes too.

In Denmark there's this company called Den Sorte Ridder(The Black Knight) importing al sorts of armour at rather low costs. The are usually a mailorder service, but you can visit the from time to time, so yes more or less.

-Søren

Offline Captain Tineal

• Members
  • You will join me or die! Could you do any less?
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2007, 08:28:19 PM »
Be sure to post pics of that!!!  :icon_biggrin:
I don't know what a pisolires is but it sounds like a musical instrument you play with urine...

Offline catbarf

• Members
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2007, 12:19:53 AM »
How do you go about this? Is it like a historical re-enactment, or is it like airsoft with swords (i.e., I just hit you with my sword, get on the ground).

Offline Zoren

• Members
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2007, 07:57:08 AM »
Hehe of course I will..  :wink:

This type of LARPing is sort of a mix of classical pen and paper roleplaying, where you have a role that you are expected to act out, and what you call airsoft with swords.

There is a story telling what armies are fighting, and why, where it is and so on. In this case it was set five years after the last war that you can read about in the thread linked to in the beginning of this one.
All the players write their individual roles, in my case the 28-year-old Lieutenant Gessner of the Stirland River Patrols, a very competent, professional and religious man, commanding the ten-strong unit of huntsmen.
When the scenario kicks off, it's up to the officers' cadre on the imperial side, and the baron and his war council on the bretonnians' to run the game, and decide where to send the scouts, when to hold parades, when and where to attack and so on.
When not fighting, the soldiers(players) live(act out) their daily lives in the military camp, with training, guard duties, cooking, eating, girls, boys :roll:, and so on.

The whole thing lasted for about 30 hours, but they usually go on for longer.

My coolest scene was in the bretonnian camp.
Along with three of my men, we had scouted around the outskirts of the camp, but was not able to infiltrate since it was a full moon, and the bretonnians hadn't gone to sleep yet. We turned around planning to return later, but we must have been spotted by the guards.
Suddenly everyone was running, and in the middle of field of dense bushes and schrubs, one of my men fell over on a twisted angle. I couldn't get him to go on, and there was no way that I could outrun our pursuers carrying him. Since I was too valuable(being an officer with detailed knowledge of the battleplans) I had to leave him. I shot the first of the pursuers in the gut, told my boy that we'd be back, and got the hell out of there.
About ten minutes later, I returned to the camp, and hiding 6 meters from where The captive was being interrogated, I heard that he was talking freely telling them everything. How many cannons, greatswords, units of huntsmen and so on. I had no choice but to put an end to it. but they were four interrogators.
I drew my pistol, cocked the flint lock, put on my Beret, and walked straight into the camp. As I approached the traitor, without breaking stride I said out loud: "Privates who talk too much must die!" and shot him in the head. But there was no roar of gunpowder, only an impotent "CLICK". Fighting a panic, I holstered the gun, and drew my sword, and before the eyes of the baffled bretonnians, i slit his throat and ran. Only then did they react. One of the grabbed his sword and ran after me.
After a couple of hundred meters, he was catching up, so i dropped my bow, turned around, and gutted him. I took a blow to the chest, but luckily my heavy padding and leather armour took the most of it.
Lightly wounded i staggered all the way back to the imperial camp, got drunk in the tavern and passed out.

Disclaimer:
Of course, "I" refers to the role I played. I do not in any way believe that I am an actual war hero of the Empire or anything.. :wink:

More pics:Gallery
Grailknight, and Imperial staff officers with a captured Bretonnian noble:

Cheers.
-Søren
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 08:00:07 AM by Zoren »

Offline Soju

• Members
  • personal text goes here
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2007, 08:02:41 AM »
"Where's the Wine Bret?!?!?!"

LOL

You guys are too damn cool - especially the ones running around in their underwear..

sj

Offline catbarf

• Members
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2007, 12:30:40 PM »
Wow. That's amazing... now you just need to load the firearms with paintballs  :icon_biggrin:

Offline Guvnor

• Members
  • I'm just north of London
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2007, 03:02:42 PM »
So who won?

And how do you avoid arguments like, 'I killed you!' 'Shut up, my armour's way too thick' and so on, if there isn't a definite(ish) script to the encounter (like in most re-enactments)
I have one sentence in response to the engineer and mechanical: Empire is post-feudal age, not post-nuclear age!