home

Author Topic: Neat Write Up of Age of Sigmars Launch  (Read 117 times)

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
Neat Write Up of Age of Sigmars Launch
« on: May 01, 2024, 01:45:54 AM »
One of the folks over at Goonhamer has done a neat write up of the problems surrounding the terrible Age of Sigmar launch. its worth a read to see how things have evolved, and also for a glimpse at just how bad a state Fantasy was in at the time.

https://www.goonhammer.com/a-history-of-miniature-violence-age-of-sigmars-launch/

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Neat Write Up of Age of Sigmars Launch
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2024, 11:51:47 AM »
A reminder of the chaotic mess that occurred back then. I recall my own distaste of the situation, and beyond the loss of the order associated with WFB. However, the situation that happened did little to encourage taking up the system for many, and how GW managed to get through it seems astounding.

A good read, thank you for posting the link.  Looking forward to the next, so please post a link when seeing such, thanks!
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2024, 03:35:13 PM »
Yeah, it was such a shit show and its interesting to see it laid out step by step. I particularly appreciated a reminder of how "quick" a lot of it was wrapped up or moved on.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2024, 04:27:14 PM »
The rapidity of the various changes struck me at the time as though there had been limited or poor planning or both.

I'm glad the effort was made to write this history of that time up.  The further along a person goes, the more difficult the memory of such happenings could be, and having this to help recall is good.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra