home

Author Topic: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS  (Read 265413 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS
« Reply #1900 on: May 03, 2023, 11:36:48 AM »
From the pictures above it looks like heads and weapon arms could be interchangeable.  Horse tails too.

Notice that the guy in lower right has a different head and weapon than the guy riding the same horse in a different picture above.   Also the horse has a different tail, and the horse up and to his left has the same tail as the horse in the picture above.

Additionally, the center rider has a different arm than the same rider at the top of the photos, and the heads are positioned differently.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #1901 on: June 19, 2023, 09:33:34 PM »
Ogor with gunner!

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1902 on: June 20, 2023, 01:22:20 AM »
Who the heck comes up with this stuff.

Bring back the war wagon!

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1903 on: July 01, 2023, 03:11:03 PM »
New Cities of Sigmar boxset is coming.

They are joined by an Alchemite Warforger, powerful wizard-smiths from the Gold College of Chamon. These metallurgical mages can reinforce the armour of allies and infuse weapons with searing power, aided by the smouldering runic crucibles they carry into battle.

You may have noticed just a little sting in the tail of the preview video – the awe-inspiring presence of Tahlia Vedra, Lioness of the Parch, who rides out as the scorching heart of Aqshy’s military.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1904 on: July 01, 2023, 04:35:38 PM »
What is that on it's back?

And a scorpion tail ... hmmm.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1905 on: July 01, 2023, 07:05:53 PM »
Its listed as a manticore, so going for a different mythological bent. Looks like the riding throne comes packed with relics. They do seem to be doubling down on "Rotting heads" as relics instead of "SKULLZ EVERYWHERE!"

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #1906 on: July 06, 2023, 05:42:08 PM »
I see everyone is immensely excited for these new GW miniatures, judging by the many posts here.

Anyway ... meanwhile, other companies are putting out designs such as these:

Reptilian Overlords

Last Sword Miniatures:

(If the pictures don't load, open them in a new tab.)

Just for comparison.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1907 on: July 06, 2023, 07:01:44 PM »
It said "404 not found" when I tried to open in a different tab.

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #1908 on: July 07, 2023, 07:20:57 PM »
Hmm ... it worked when I posted them.

You should be able to see the pictures here:

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1909 on: July 10, 2023, 02:50:40 PM »
Preview of the new handgunners.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 01:47:04 AM by Gankom »

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #1910 on: July 10, 2023, 05:33:50 PM »
I really like them!

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1911 on: July 24, 2023, 02:57:53 PM »
New human scout models.

The Wildercorps Hunters are expert trackers, with an intimate knowledge of the rougher parts of the Mortal Realms. Often recruited from the Reclaimed – those peoples who survived for generations under the cruel lash of Chaos, while Azyr’s doors were closed – they’ve endured sickness, hunger, and inclement weather to hone their skills to a keen knife’s edge.

Wildercorps squads are unparalleled in their ability to scout the environment for traps and sappers. They perform this surveillance with the aid of Trailhounds, legendarily bad-tempered dogs bred for keen senses and powerful jaws. They sniff out rival scouting parties and reconnoitre shady groves and clammy warrens where the Hunters can lie in wait.

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #1912 on: July 24, 2023, 03:27:04 PM »
Very cool. I'm afraid that GW is going to hook me into another army...

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1913 on: August 02, 2023, 02:40:46 PM »
Hmm ... it worked when I posted them.

You should be able to see the pictures here:
Here's a link to their website ...

https://lastsword.com/

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1914 on: August 02, 2023, 02:42:45 PM »
I like the scout models, but not the handgunner models.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1915 on: August 04, 2023, 03:36:30 PM »
Full range is being revealed for Cities of Sigmar.

Pontifex Zenestra is the Matriarch of the Great Wheel, one of the many Cults Unberogen who worship aspects of the God-King Sigmar. Allegedly a great-grandmother at the dawn of the Age of Sigmar, she brooks no questions about the accompanying skeleton whose scars mirror her own.

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #1916 on: August 07, 2023, 04:30:20 PM »
Awesome stuff!

Offline KTG17

• Members
« Reply #1917 on: August 07, 2023, 04:35:16 PM »
These models are unreal. Had they been in the first AOS set I would have gone all in and never looked back.

Offline JAK

• Members
« Reply #1918 on: August 07, 2023, 07:43:08 PM »
As someone who is fed up of just about every other figure manufacturer copying to a greater or lesser extent Games Workshop's figures, as well as others doing direct copy 3D prints, reading today's update for the Cities of Sigmar came as a quite a shock.

You may have noticed in amongst the Cities of Sigmar troops are a number of peculiar little figures which they are calling Gargoylians. Looks very much to me like GW have jumped on the band wagon and are milking the success of the Medieval Marginalia Miniatures range of figures that have been featuring on Kickstarter over the past 4 years.

Offline KTG17

• Members
« Reply #1919 on: August 08, 2023, 02:43:52 AM »
Yeah wouldn’t be surprised.

Wasn’t there a game called Frostgrave and then GW came out with a game called Beastgrave or something like that? GW borrows all the time.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1920 on: August 08, 2023, 04:07:03 AM »
As someone who is fed up of just about every other figure manufacturer copying to a greater or lesser extent Games Workshop's figures, as well as others doing direct copy 3D prints, reading today's update for the Cities of Sigmar came as a quite a shock.

You may have noticed in amongst the Cities of Sigmar troops are a number of peculiar little figures which they are calling Gargoylians. Looks very much to me like GW have jumped on the band wagon and are milking the success of the Medieval Marginalia Miniatures range of figures that have been featuring on Kickstarter over the past 4 years.

You might like todays article all about the Gargoylians!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/08/07/cities-of-sigmar-who-or-what-exactly-are-gargoylians/

Gargoylians are chimeric critters of indeterminate origin, and theories abound as to their true nature. Some believe that they are drawn to the scent of faith and devotion – hence why they appear so often amidst congregations of pious Sigmarites. Others think they are miniature manifestations of the realms’ anger – and there’s a lot to be angry about – while others say they are related to the incarnates.

Regardless of the truth – and there’s a kernel of it in all three theories – there’s no denying that these are funky little mites… albeit a little disconcerting. When the gates rise and the trumpets sound, scurrying, cantering Gargoylians accompany the Dawnbringer Crusades and other warhosts mustered by the Cities of Sigmar.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1921 on: August 08, 2023, 10:39:16 AM »
Clearly putting quite the focus on humans for W:AoS.

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #1922 on: August 08, 2023, 05:27:18 PM »
Quote from: JAK

Mordheim had these kind of bizarre Bosch style critters, and they featured in subsequent Empire art.

So actually GW was there first, taking the weird medieval marginalia into a miniature game. Just they didn't make them into figurines per se. But they can still point out that these AoS critters have a history in the Warhammer metarverse that goes beyond those medieval marginalia kickstarters.

-Z
« Last Edit: August 08, 2023, 05:50:54 PM by Zygmund »
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline JAK

• Members
« Reply #1923 on: August 09, 2023, 08:20:18 AM »

Mordheim had these kind of bizarre Bosch style critters, and they featured in subsequent Empire art.

I don’t remember having seen anything like these before, but I’m not familiar with the Mordheim range, and as the Idoneth had their little fishes it not a new concept so I’d better apologize to GW.

Not sure about the Fusiliers but like the look of the rest of the range – hopefully we’ll see the sprues soon and get an idea whether they follow the current trend of fixed poses or they will be multi-posed or at least reasonably easy to convert.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1924 on: August 09, 2023, 02:12:21 PM »