home

Author Topic: BoLS 8th ed. rumours  (Read 17722 times)

Offline Taureus

• Members
Re: BoLS 8th ed. rumours
« Reply #100 on: February 25, 2010, 01:40:04 AM »
Ranked infantry as a whole is going to be promoted a lot more,

...with rumored innovations like all models partially covered by a template being automatically hit. So far, I've got to admit that when using my Skaven, my opponents' ranked infantry are sure enjoying that rule.

That template rule is largely believed to be Skaven specific.
Quote from: The Red Scourge;4561884
Funny. Rick Priestley always imagined 1 model to equate around 5 men, but then again, they were just a bunch of hippies, so he was probably too stoned to notice ;)

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #101 on: February 25, 2010, 02:18:29 AM »
That template rule is largely believed to be Skaven specific.

From what I have heard from GW staffers (reliable source, I know :roll:), this is a 8th ed change revealed early in the skaven book.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Taureus

• Members
« Reply #102 on: February 25, 2010, 04:46:53 AM »
Except that Skaven don't use any of the "normal" warmachines. (meaning things like cannons, stone throwers, and bolt throwers)

So it doesn't make much sense to make that kind of blanket rule 'known' in a new army book.

Yes there are still people that think it's going to be in the BRB (and others are hoping like mad for it). But until we have the new book in front of us, it's purely speculation either way.
Quote from: The Red Scourge;4561884
Funny. Rick Priestley always imagined 1 model to equate around 5 men, but then again, they were just a bunch of hippies, so he was probably too stoned to notice ;)

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2010, 10:46:33 AM »
If they made skaven templates work differently from other templates, it would be very silly.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.