home

Author Topic: AoS Adventure  (Read 110309 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: New start
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2017, 11:54:31 AM »
Your scenery piece looks good "in action", although it is sitting there as all good scenery pieces should. :icon_cool: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
Re: New start
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2017, 12:08:27 PM »
Your scenery piece looks good "in action", although it is sitting there as all good scenery pieces should. :icon_cool: :::cheers:::

Thank you GP! Looks like it was good as a stage for the orks lol
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
Re: AoS Adventure
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2017, 04:36:28 PM »
Time to change the name I guess. Next up I would like to make my shadow warriors and orc boss on a wyvern next. There is so much rebasing to do so I think I'll just pick a couple of warbands to start. The new handbook also changes up the Aelves so they should be fun.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2017, 06:41:41 PM »
Seeing as the aelves are back. It's time to pull out my old army. I thought I had more BL units but alas. I found some reavers too that are unpainted so I should do them up too.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2017, 06:44:44 PM »
Sweet! Are you going to rebase them also?
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2017, 08:57:51 PM »
I've found a Chinese company. 100 25mm bases for 10.00 free shipping. They really need rebasing. There is a lot of wrk in that so I'll be selective in what I choose but I really like this army so it's worth it I think. Original fluff was a small army tracking down lost clan artifacts in the chaos wastes and the've been gone along time, hense the weather beaten look. Now I can change them to be from a shared city state of aelvin / human coexistence. I'll fill in the gaps with pilgrimage type or a reworked freeguild group.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2017, 10:30:56 PM »
Love swordmasters! What a great looking force. I look forward to many more great pictures!

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2017, 10:59:29 PM »
Thanks guys! 😺
This was my next to last army I painted and I actually liked the result. They were also the hardest to paint as well. My last army was a full goblin army centered around squig hoppers and a mangler bash as I couldn't afford the awesome kit. I got tired of the conversion and stopped with the idea one of the manglers broke free lol. I used the body of a cold one with the idea of doing 2. The other one remains untouched. I'll drag out the gobbos  but there's over 115 models lol. It will take awhile.

Edit: cripes! Just realized that was an elf that got munched.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 11:04:54 PM by Artobans Ghost »
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2017, 02:21:07 AM »
Managed to dig out the gobbos. This army was absolutely guaranteed not to win at tournaments but I brought them anyways. Could Never round up enough hoppers so I mixed in regular squiqs as fillers. Maybe no wins, but a funner army I've never known. Probably my favourite. The movement trays are somewhere but I'm not to concerned. Batches of these guys wil go AoS eventually. I lost a purple hopper somewhere along the line. Pretty sure it was the cat.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2017, 08:42:45 AM »
Goblins for the win! :icon_cool: :::cheers:::

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2017, 12:14:12 PM »
I love the colour scheme. Making me rethink doing a basic job on mine...
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2017, 12:17:46 PM »
I love the colour scheme. Making me rethink doing a basic job on mine...

Thanks! I always thought orcs and goblins were so outrageous they could get away with fun colours. 😺
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2017, 12:38:06 PM »
Really cool, fungal feel to these guys. I dig the purple squig. Cool stuff! :blush:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2017, 04:03:32 PM »
Thanks Xath! This was in fact the last complete army I did way back when. Getting there again with the space woofs 😺
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2017, 09:11:50 PM »
So it begins! I really didn't think skaven/beastmen would be the start army but what the hell. I have some beasties and some paint. And some skaven too. DocJ was the guy who got me going after his thread on battlemasters. Simple uni pose but a lot of em. 😸

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2017, 07:29:38 AM »
Beastmen seem to be a good army now in AoS with the GHB2017 abilities for them
Not sure about skaven yet.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2017, 11:43:06 AM »
Beastmen seem to be a good army now in AoS with the GHB2017 abilities for them
Not sure about skaven yet.

From what I've read, they do seem very squishy. The idea came from one of the realmgate novels with the two groups working together and as I have a spare skaven battalion kicking around lol. Maybe the beastmen will lead the punch but I'm not sure of synergies between the two.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2017, 09:27:37 PM »
Here we go! My first AoS unit. Strangely it's a beastmen/ skaven unit of twenty battlemaster (GW Gors I would guess). The idea came from DocJ as I was complaining about budget and this was his solution and I like em. They had this big round shield area so I thought I would throw a skaven shield on top which I think worked out and ties in the relation of these smelly creatures with their scurvy packmasters. A good match in all. Inspired by Warbeast by Gav Thorpe. Should be a fun army.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2017, 12:39:46 PM »
Somehow the uniformity of these guys makes them really intimidating. :ph34r:
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 07:48:03 PM by Xathrodox86 »
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

Gneisenau

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2017, 01:48:04 PM »
That's exactly what I thought! When I first got them they seemed small and let like but they actually look pretty strong when there done.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2017, 01:58:07 PM »
That's exactly what I thought! When I first got them they seemed small and let like but they actually look pretty strong when there done.

Yup and that standard bearer dude on the left really helps with that feel. He almost looks, like he's directing the herd. Great job Artoban. :smile2:

Gneisenau

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2017, 04:14:08 PM »
Looks like the standard bearer needs a bit of paint to bring him to life.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2017, 05:10:54 PM »
He is in fact heading to the barn to be base coated. I might even start him tonight 😺
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2017, 08:17:05 PM »
Go slow and steady, make him connect with the others, but have him stand out, too.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2017, 09:00:34 PM »
Go slow and steady, make him connect with the others, but have him stand out, too.

Maybe hang some things from the banner. Yellow and red pennants?
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020