home

Author Topic: Allies advice  (Read 617 times)

Offline Paladin Commander

• Members
Allies advice
« on: December 15, 2012, 01:09:06 PM »
I'm looking at having a small 500pt strike force to work as allies for my marines or guard

My HQ is an Ordo Herecticus inquisitor (cause I own the model) with p/w, i/p and a servo skull
He has a retinue of warrior acolytes with Power armour and plasma pistols

For the troops I will have a unit of termis for 200pts

That leaves me with 165pts

Now which option would be good:

1-put an assassin in (I can get a callidus for free/very cheap from a mate) and use the extra 20 pts somewhere else
2-pimp out the squads giving banner, psycannon, psy ammo and warding staff to the termis giving power weapons to the acolytes and making the Inquistor a psyker

The main question being  is the assassin (either callidus,vindicar or eversor) worth it or would it be better to pimp out the two squads?

Also does anyone know if warrior acolytes can get bolt pistols? I read an errata somewhere that said something about bolt pistols and Hellpistols/hot shot pistols being able to be bought for 1pt each
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 01:30:03 PM by Paladin Commander »

Offline Crimsonsphinx

• Members
  • A mind without purpose walks in dark places
    • marcwalpole
Re: Allies advice
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 01:56:16 PM »
Hi Paladin Commander.

I really don't know I am the best person to comment on this, but the retinue unit looks really bad value.  Power armoured humans cost the earth and are poorly equipped and statted compared to actual grey knights.  Have you already bought/converted such a unit?  If not, I would really recommend ditching them.  They are far too expensive for what they do. 

Regarding Assassins, the Vindicare is pretty good, he can easily kill any tank with his gun.  All Assasins die very easily though. 
Stare into the Abyss and the Abyss stares back.

Visit my 40k blog http://2plusdispel.blogspot.com/ updated four or more times a month and offers painting advice and gaming advice for warhammer 40,000

Offline Paladin Commander

• Members
Re: Allies advice
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 09:55:53 AM »
Yeah I have converted them but I have plenty of other models I can use lying around.

I'll probably just have the grey knight unit cause like you say, the assassins die too easily. If the Callidus still had her word in your ear rule, I'd take her. I used to love doing that to my opponents esp one choas player who'd always take either a land raider or a defiler and would get so annoyed when I shifted it. I also had a game with a mate who was using the old cron codex and he had the deciever who spent the whole game chasing her around the board, trying to get the phase blade back.