home

Author Topic: Imperial Guard  (Read 4303 times)

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
Re: Imperial Guard
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2022, 04:47:02 PM »
sweet! the new IG looks amazing !! thoughts?
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2022, 05:40:31 PM »
I'm generally a big fan. I think the studio consistently picks not fantastic paint schemes, and they'd look better with a few tweaks. BUT the models themselves all look fantastic imo. Not super hyped to see the prices, especially of that new tank, but the troops look ace.

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2022, 09:22:58 PM »
Guardgasm. :biggriin:

Offline KTG17

• Members
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2022, 01:37:39 AM »
Wow I straight up hate the new Rogan Dorn. Looks like everything is getting 1000 guns of different calibers all over it. It’s like they are trying to wow 10 year olds.

I don’t know who is designing these models but I am willing to bet the drivers are in the marketing department.

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2022, 07:59:30 AM »
Wow I straight up hate the new Rogan Dorn. Looks like everything is getting 1000 guns of different calibers all over it. It’s like they are trying to wow 10 year olds.

I don’t know who is designing these models but I am willing to bet the drivers are in the marketing department.

Imperial Guard [thats what i shall forever call it] has always been my favourite 40K faction but I'm not too keen on these new kits. Most of the new kits are parts heavy, require too many sub-assemblies and have insufferable 'specific' parts.
I hate to sound like a curmudgeon but there's NOTHING wrong with the 200x Cadian kits.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2022, 09:58:25 PM »
The guys I follow for warhammer stuff got an advanced copy of the new Imperial Guard codex and went through it with their initial thoughts. Seems seem generally very good from a rules perspective. I am very sad that both Veteran and Special Weapon squads don't exist anymore. I think the rules we got make it a worthy sacrifice, although does make my collection/lore organization a huge mess.
|
https://www.goonhammer.com/codex-astra-militarum-9th-edition-the-goonhammer-review/

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2022, 01:56:32 PM »
^Seems like an odd thing to remove.
I'm not going to get upset over it though. GW change rules as often as i change my socks

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2022, 04:27:31 PM »
From my reading it seems like its A) pretty standard GW practice of removing entries that don't have specific models made for them and B) to free up space to put in new entries for specific Catachan, Cadian and Krieg units instead. Its a shame, but I'm not broken up over it. Just mildy annoyed.

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2022, 06:53:22 PM »
For anyone who's interested, all this talk of new Cadians has inspired me to unpack the few miniatures I have actually got painted to a decent standard and put them on show in a lovely new display case! :biggriin:

For anyone who's interested in taking a gander see the post here;

http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=55380.msg1087812#msg1087812

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2022, 12:12:22 AM »
Very cool display case Jmash, and fun to see an update after nearly a year in that thread!

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2022, 09:43:34 AM »
Very cool display case Jmash, and fun to see an update after nearly a year in that thread!

Thanks Gankom :biggriin:

And yeah it's been a while... it's not that I've not been doing anything,  just nothing really noteworthy! Hoping to press on and start seeing some more output in the next few weeks/ months so maybe a few more regular updates,  but no more IG for a while I'm afraid, they need to wait for my Empire guys to be finished :dry:

So for the tinge being just enjoy what's there!

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2022, 05:25:07 PM »
I am in love with the whole of Astramilitarium releases ... everything looks fantastic

Yes I'm dyslexic so what