home

Author Topic: News From The Front!  (Read 1965 times)

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
News From The Front!
« on: June 29, 2007, 08:59:56 PM »
Gentlemen, I apologize for interupting regular forum shenanigans.

We of the Empire are presently at the top position in the Nemesis Crown Summer Campaign.  Our rivalry with the Dwarfs is heavy, as they maintain a steady chase from Second Place.  Our mighty and noble Bretonnian allies bring great victories and are presently in Third.  We are surprisingly challenged by the Dark Elves, who have taken advantage of the War to raid us when we are vulnerable!  The Mighty Ogres to are laying waste to their foes.  There is even a cheating Chaos player in the US Region who we are presently ahead of.  :biggriin:

Death to the Chaos Elves!

Dendo Star, Helstrom's 4th Army 

http://nemesis.us.games-workshop.com/campaign/warroom/default.aspx

In case you are curious about the campaign or even wish to join us, here is a post that contains a great summary.  It was written by a rather handsome devil.  :icon_wink:

http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=16954.0
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 09:06:13 PM by Dendo Star »
I'm in college!

Offline Hieronymous

• Members
  • aka. Alfginnar Oakenshield or Alf
Re: News From The Front!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 09:09:31 AM »
Just a question out of curiosity,

The current score, is that what you can read from the "rating / battles" panel?

~Hieronymous
Quote from: Warlord
Actually, the amount of Scrabble boxes you would need to buy to obtain enough Q's to meet minimum unit size would roughly correlate to GW's prices…

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 12:17:54 PM »

~Hieronymous

The scoring system is a bit confusing,  I'm just looking at the daily weekly/results.

We are presently about fourth now!  Vile Chaos Elves have begun routing our coastal positions!  Hard-fought Dwarfs are #1 and the grand Bretonnians are ahead of us at number 3.  Glory to The Lady!

Just remember, the only way to not support The Empire's defense during the Campaign is to not post battles.  Wins, losses and draws all help us out!
I'm in college!

Offline Nightshadow

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 12:41:29 PM »

~Hieronymous

The scoring system is a bit confusing,  I'm just looking at the daily weekly/results.

We are presently about fourth now!  Vile Chaos Elves have begun routing our coastal positions!  Hard-fought Dwarfs are #1 and the grand Bretonnians are ahead of us at number 3.  Glory to The Lady!

Just remember, the only way to not support The Empire's defense during the Campaign is to not post battles.  Wins, losses and draws all help us out!

I think it's really cool that it's now useful to post a loss, it helps to make the whole campaign more about playing and having a good time then about winning.
Graf Wilhelm Anderssen, Leading the Marburg Company (Stirland), joining Helstrom's 4th.
Awarded with the Nemesis Rune, Von Klaust's Laurels of Acclamation and the Scroll of Ludendorf.
NC: 5/2/1

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 04:16:04 PM »
Today is also the first official GW Megabattle - "Defend The Headless Badger"!  Those lucky chaps attending can use all the blessings we can muster, the Headless Badger Inn is an important part of our regional strategy!  Helstrom's 4th will win the day, and the peoples of Bretonnia shall find many new heroes to praise - Knight and commonman alike!

Go get 'em boys!  For The Lady and for Sigmar!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 04:18:41 PM by Dendo Star »
I'm in college!

Offline Hieronymous

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 06:02:50 PM »

Good. Me too.

Right now, the daily results don't look too bright for the glorious Empire, but fortunately the weekly ones are much better. The dawi, however, are masters of all.

~Hieronymous
Actually, the amount of Scrabble boxes you would need to buy to obtain enough Q's to meet minimum unit size would roughly correlate to GW's prices…

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 06:13:19 PM »
Well, their center of gravity is different.  :happy:

So, interestingly enough, did you know the highest ranked General right now is an Empire player?  His seems to be real unlike some of the other top "competitors".

Huzzah to him!

http://nemesis.us.games-workshop.com/campaign/leaderboard.aspx
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 06:39:14 PM by Dendo Star »
I'm in college!

Offline Hieronymous

• Members
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007, 07:22:13 PM »
An imperial general at the top of the list? That's excellent (although a dwarf would have been better :icon_wink:).

I unfortunately can't access the leader board, since I'm not registered. I lack both a painted army and time to play  :icon_confused:

~Hieronymous

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007, 01:36:00 PM »
The time to play is the biggest part, everything else doesn't matter so much. :wink:  Even if your usual group doesn't play, you still can!  All that matters is that you have a registration number, and you can post your battles against an unregistered opponent.  Every battle helps out, and your fluff contributions are what matter most!
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Tillmann Spyri

• Members
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2007, 07:33:33 PM »
Chaos Elves

RARGHHHH!!!!

No one calls Druchii "Chaos Elves". That settles it, you are going down! :icon_twisted:

Starts planing raids on Eggondwarf

Offline nosramuk

• Members
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2007, 08:52:48 PM »
Mutters "darn choas elves, always causing trouble" :p

Bring it on!! Egondorf shall stand.