home

Author Topic: Fireforge Games - Forgotten World kickstarter (20.09.2018)  (Read 23971 times)

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
Re: Fireforge Games - Forgotten World kickstarter (20.09.2018)
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2018, 07:42:49 AM »
Interesting. But I already have so many unpainted human models...

-Z

… … … and your point is?

:biggriin:

:biggriin: :biggriin: :biggriin: :biggriin: :biggriin: :biggriin: :biggriin: :biggriin: :biggriin:
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2018, 04:41:22 AM »
They look nice enough, but how many options for the same generic fantasy troops / tropes do we actually need? Hopefully down the line the orcs / elves / dwarves will be interesting rather than just competent, but I'm not holding my breath.

I see your point, but I do think they're filling a good spot in the market. The reason I like these and the Oathmark humans are that they provide some solid options for fantasy humans that are not just historical miniatures being used for fantasy. As much as I like (and have use for) minis like the Perry WotR figures, I've also been looking for some non-historicals and I ran into a few problems. Barring "high fantasy" options like GW's Sigmarines or Mantic's almost-Sigmarines, most of what is available is a diverse mix of metal fantasy miniatures with no unifying aesthetic or scale. But these new plastics give a couple of options for bulking out a lot of rank & file affordably, with a big mix of poses (being plastic kits) but still retaining a unified aesthetic.

I do think that there's more generic fantasy available for some of the other races, though -- Northstar (again), Mantic, AoS and I think maybe even one or two smaller producers have covered a lot of the generic dwarfs, elves, O&G with recent plastic kits. Hell, we even have plastic gnolls now!

On the topic of generic fantasy tropes, I think we're still missing a "naked" skeleton kit at this point.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2018, 08:02:53 PM »
Maybe this first set of human fantasy dudes from them could be used for Stirlanders?  Maybe even Wissenlanders.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2018, 12:03:21 AM »
Kickstarter has begun. I think I'm going to go in for the veteran or soldier level, but I'm going to give it a few days to see how it goes. I'm confident it's going to be funded, but I figure after a few days I'll have an idea how stretch goals will go.

I like a lot of the heroes but I'm not desperate for more human and undead heroes. I like the look of the peasant set, and I'm interested to see how they do more fantasy races.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2018, 12:13:51 PM »
I think waiting to see how this develops is wise, and might even join in on it at some point.

Continuing to contemplate their use as Stirlanders, maybe Ostermarkers, and I'm less interested in having them as Wissenlanders.  The undead could be from Sylvania!

Or Padre could use the undead in his campaign, not that he likely needs encouragement. :icon_wink:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 12:24:26 PM by GamesPoet »

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2018, 10:28:47 AM »
The undead look wonderful so yes, I am very tempted. Must paint these riders first though! Work got real busy there for a while but should have some time soon.
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2018, 04:28:07 PM »
Fireforge added ca. 20% discount on their historical (Deus Vult and Albion) plastic sets, if you buy them as add-ons via this kickstarter.

I gave in. I like the kickstarter figures, and have seriously thought about buying some historical plastic sets. Looks like the opportunity has arrived. :)

I'll likely sell one of my kidn... many unfinished Empire projects for this. Time to move on, to new figures (and games too).

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2018, 05:16:13 PM »
Hmmm ... seems like even as much as approx. 30% off!

Uh, oh ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-IkWpm7TS0

And for those interested, the full scene ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UneS2Uwc6xw
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 05:33:14 PM by GamesPoet »

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2018, 10:51:24 AM »
I have some doubts that the goal will be met, let alone any of the stretch goals. I think they are a bit overambitious with those numbers. The kickstarter campaigns that I have looked at in the past, usally meet their goal within the first day or first few days ... or they never do. There seems to be hardly anything in between. We will see.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2018, 03:31:19 PM »
I've pledged, but I also generally think they may have been over ambitious. I think they'll meet their main goal but I really don't know how many stretch goals they'll get. They moved pretty far the first day, then slowly ticking upwards. Yet not fast enough. It's a shame because I wanted the peasant mob the most.

If it gets towards the end without much more movement, I hate to say it but I might bump down a pledge level. I pledged a bit higher to get the characters and save room for the peasants.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2018, 03:34:10 PM »
Right after posting I went to see if there was an update and there was!

We believe in our  kickstarter project. We decided to unlock Folk Rabble plastic set with project funding. We will pay for that production instead to raise more funds by the campaign. However this set will be available later during 2019 and will be not shipped togheter with northmen and living dead boxes.

Apparently plenty of the comments were saying the same thing, so the Rabble will be released as part of the main goal. Yet shipped separately later.

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2018, 06:59:29 AM »
I've pledged, but I also generally think they may have been over ambitious. I think they'll meet their main goal but I really don't know how many stretch goals they'll get. They moved pretty far the first day, then slowly ticking upwards.

I see this as an honest analysis of the situation. I do hope the KS succeeds, and also funds the character stretch-goals. But progress is slow now.

On the brighter side, if you ever thought about getting some Fireforge historical plastics, they now have essentially a 20 % discount if you pledge/buy them via this KS. For me, that's a reason to up my pledge by 'some'.  :-)

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2018, 03:16:45 PM »
I'm very glad they moved the peasants up. It's a bit of a double edged sword, because it'll be tougher on them as a company. They'll essentially be paying for it out of their own pockets quicker then expected, BUT it's also the main kit I wanted. I love peasant models. So having it unlock right away is great for me.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2018, 02:29:28 AM »
Even though I am not contributing, I hope this succeeds. I have always really liked what Fireforge do.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2018, 03:25:27 PM »
They put up a WIP preview of the dwarf faction they want to do.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2018, 04:47:39 PM »
They look interesting. I hope this all works.
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2018, 05:49:03 PM »
nice...LONGER Beards  :biggriin:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Castozor

• Members
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2018, 08:30:09 PM »
Those dwarves look perfect for "Imperialized" dwarves if one is inclined to make an army like that. Overall very nice models.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2018, 01:02:39 AM »
I quite like the female dwarf and her pick. She looks feminine without being super feminine. I get that it's really just the head, but that's all it takes. Beards could be longer but especially for the front guy I kind of assume he tucks his magnificent length under his breastplate for protection.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2018, 01:21:50 PM »
Hmmm ... they look maybe like Bretonnian dwarfs.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2018, 10:42:03 PM »
Hmmm ... they look maybe like Bretonnian dwarfs.

WHAAAAA?!?!?! you crazy
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2018, 01:36:51 AM »
Ya know what they say.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2018, 05:15:07 PM »
A very interesting update today. They clearly realize they're slowing down and trying to rectify it. They've changed the unlocks so that all foot characters now unlock at the same time as everything else, so not really stretch goals. They've also added their existing shields to the add ons you can buy, AND made some new resin shields you can buy. Everyone seems to get one pack of 12 shields free (All from one of the 4 new designs.) plus you can order more.

I actually quite like the shields. I'm quite torn between the bear, wolf or tree design.

We are doing our best for a successful campaign. We are trying to listen your feedbacks but we need always the time to check that all changes to the campaign will be done in a right way.

With this update, all characters on foot are now unlocked and will be available for free to pledge levels with this option when campaign will be funded.

We also added a new reward for all backers. We created 4 different shield designs, each backer (except support) will receive one pack of 12 shields of the choosen design for free and all backers of course can add more of them as add-on.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2018, 11:32:36 PM »
They have 850 pledgees, and need to raise about $2,300 per day remaining.  That could be tough.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2018, 11:19:24 AM »
I like the Tree one.

Massive target... surely they shouldn't have chosen so highly.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.