home

Author Topic: The Empire as of 2634 IC  (Read 11083 times)

Offline Captain Dob Van Dwi

• Members
  • Just jiven'
The Empire as of 2634 IC
« on: August 25, 2015, 12:29:29 AM »
Right this may make some of you angry....

For my Post-Apocalyptic End Times-Storm of Chaos campaign (Which Will be online for all of you to play in) I need some advice. It takes place 111 years after the "End Times", Ie the good guys won.

To which I as this question.

In My time Line Helborg becomes Emperor after Franz. Ie Helborg pulled a Magnus the Pious on the Electors.

Now with this in mind also note that In the aforementioned time line, Altdorf in little more then a stinking pile of rotting bodies and Nurglings (Or blood letters or what ever. I haven't chosen who takes it yet).
Even with their former grandmaster on the throne, do you think the Reiksguard could have survived loosing their home?

I have all ready setteled that the Knights Griffon wouldn't have made it have both Nuln and Altdorf gone.

What are your thoughts?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 10:52:53 PM by Captain Dob Van Dwi »
I choose too keep "Old Warhammer" alive with my blood sweat and tears.

It's bad that warhammer might die but it would be a tragedy if it stays dead!

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
Re: Campaign advice.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 02:01:41 AM »
I think that's a really good start-off point for your campaign story. I like the shake-up with Helborg on the throne, he deserve it after all he's done for Franz.( did he keep his pledge to Vlad then? :icon_wink:)

I'd think the Reiksguard order would be mostly wiped-out, leaving only a few elites to carry on. But with Helborg as the new Emperor couldn't he just recreate the order elsewhere? As Emperor and former Grandmaster, wouldn't it be fully within his rights to place the order elsewhere and build from there?
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

• Members
  • Just jiven'
Re: Campaign advice.
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 02:11:31 AM »
#1: No. I'll get to vlad later.

#2: Thats what I was thinking. Since that current Emperor Rules from Talabheim (Remember that it's 111 after Helborg) I figured That I would have a Knightly order called the Talabec Guard or some such.

EDIT:

Right then Since I satrted this post I might as well lay out what I have in store for the Empire (The rest of the world will come later), Be warned it's not pretty! I will try to explain my logic as I go along.

Right then. The bad news....

Right so the storm of chaos happens just as it did in the past but with the key difference being that Archaon came back with a one two punch and Valten didn't die.

Now the End Times as I think they would (and really and logically should) have gone-

#1: Altdorf, Middenheim, and Marienburg are done and done.  Marienburg and Altdorf are taken by the Glottkin and the Collages of Magic torn down, however before they can march to Middenheim, the force of Khorne Beastmen take Middenheim in a welter of blood and gore.

(The reason I chose this to happen was because I just can't see the forces of chaos, who hate each other on the best of days, truley working together, even with Archaon's iron will. And no one has control over the beastmen anyway, thus I chose them to take Middenheim. Wild and frenzied, I think they could have done with Khorne's aid.

Also having Sigmar's city fall is, quite frankly, something that is important to the story line. Think about it, what else would the forces of chaos find more symbolic and the people of the empire more devastating?) 

#2: Reikland is sacked and burned. Meanwhile Northern Hochland, Talabechland and Ostermark and beset of all sides by Chaos. Ostland and Nordland are looted and raided the the northern Norse Tribes, while the southern Norse raise whats left of Kislev.

#3: The Kislevites flee to the south and in too Northern Ostermark. Though they break through the Kurgan tribes attacking Ostermark and get a warm welcome, they are put on the front lines all most immediately.

#4: Nuln is overrun by the Skaven who steal most of the gunpowder and many weapons. Plans are stolen and the Collage of Engineers is nearly torn down, in the ratmen's efforts to get a hold of Imperial engineering know how. Though Still standing Nuln's streets are filled with bodies and stink of rat fur.

#5: With no Elector Count, Talabechland is left in the ward of a council of Generals. Under their leadership the Talabechland army makes some head way but not before Talabheim is nearly lost.

(So what Spare Talabheim Nuln's fate? The reason is simple. We have had great heroes from Altdorf (Sigmar and Franz), Middenheim (Mandred) and Nuln (Magnus), therefore I felt that a hero from Talabheim should emerge in the campaign.)

#6: Volkmar, The Fey Enctantress and Aliathra still die. However Instead of Mandred, it's Gelt who dose the summoning of Nagash.

(The reason for this is that in the novel Masters of Magic, Gelt is on a quest to prove that the master od the dEath Collage, Gunter Klaus is really a necromancer. I see this as the perfect chance to say that Gelt is just deflecting away from his own necromantic studies.)

#7: The Count of Hochland Aldebrand Ludenhof is still killed by Gelt, who, takes his rune fang for himself.

(Why? Well there has to be some death!)

#8: The Elector Count of Ostland, Vlamir von Rukov is killed by Crom, but note before burring his Rune Fang in Crom's chest, killing him in return.

(Well I wanted von Rukov's end to be bada@#! So I had him kill Crom with his diying breath)

#9: Boris Todbringer is drivel insane by chaos magics and flees his city before it falls.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 04:23:54 PM by Captain Dob Van Dwi »

• Members
  • Just jiven'
Re: Campaign Fluff
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 09:52:13 PM »
And now some good news!

#1: The Priests of Ulric and the remaining Knights of the White Wolf hold out in the temple of Ulric against the Beastmen long enough for Middenheim to be retaken by the Knights Panther and Carroburg Greatswords.

Soon after the lifting of the siege, a new Ar-Ulric is elected. In a great up roar he seals the flame of Ulric beneath the temple in a great vault, surrounded by a trapped and warded labyrinth.

This action is seen as cowardly, and soon after the Ar-Ulric's death at the ripe old age of 70, his name is expunged from records. Still even Ulricans respect a good fortification. As such a few hand selected priests know the way to the vault. But Only the Ar-Ulric has the key.

Thanks to most effort being put in too protecting the Flame, it takes nearly a century to rebuild the City. The further fortification of the Temple alone takes 20 years.

#2: Nuln is still stinking of rat fur and bodies for years after the Skaven attack. It's streets and sewers are infested with rats, to the point that a unit of special swordsmen are formed to protect the streets and sewers from future Skaven attack.
Dubbed The Black Swords, in reference to the darkened, back alleys they watched they were and still are the largest sword unit ever formed in the Empire's history. 

The the headmasters of the Imperial School of Gunnery and the head Engineers of the Collage of Engineering pooled their efforts to take over the palace of Nuln to act as a joint Collage-Fortress and head quarters.

#3: With Reikland in tatters and Altdorf a home of Nurglings and Plagebearers, the once great City State and anything north of it clear to Marienburg are well avoided.
Altdorf it's self has been literally walled off from the rest of the world and is under watch by the Knights of the Silver Dove, which were founded by Helborg after he taking of the throne. 

More good news for the Empire and bad news of the WoC to come!

« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 06:57:45 PM by Captain Dob Van Dwi »

Offline Doc J

• Members
  • The Prince of Brooklyn Park
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 01:16:33 AM »
This is very interesting and seems to be well thought out. I really like the scale of your fluff and its always nice to see fluff for the old world still being written. I would like to see more.  :eusa_clap:
In the words of the late great Nicki Minaj - Ya done son

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2015, 05:22:52 PM »
Have no fear, more is here!

#4: Talabhiem is nearly brought to ruins, however Archaon is slain by Valten with the aid of Martak at the last moment. This action causes Archaon's army to fall apart.

After the war Valten helps resettles in Nuln, eventually making the city state his home. A Large shrine is built in honour of the lives lost in the Skaven attack. The current Emperor claims that he is related to Valten, though Valten's family ended up being rather large, most were in Nuln, so it is unknown just how he is related to him.

(Writer's Note: Truth of the matter is that Archaon needed to die. Also I thought it would be interesting for Valten to live rather than die/disappear and settle down instead)

#5: With a select Number of Amber Wizards, Martak seals away the artifacts of chaos, as well as Archaon's body and scatters them about the world.

#6: Though Boris Todbringer recovers from his insanity, he never returns to Middenheim. Instead choosing to delve deeper to the forests to hunt beastmen in shame.

(I mean really, would you go back???)

#7: The Glott Kin are slain at the hands of a rival Chaos force following The Changer of Ways. This army is later overrun by an army led by Luthor Huss.

(Nurgle has to many champions anyway!)

More too come!

« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 02:34:51 AM by Captain Dob Van Dwi »

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2015, 07:14:43 PM »
Not bad. My thoughts:

4. Maybe have Valten gravely injured in the fight(to give Archaon his due) and is in Talabheim to heal rather than staying there permanently. Talabheim was stated by Sigmar himself that it would never fall as long as it worshipped Taal. Valten could be seen as a threat to Taal worship.

In his wounded state he would also be very vulnerable to fanatics and chaos assassins. That'd be good for a future plot plot.

5. I really like that one. Lots of potential for wider world exploration and events.

6.Why wouldn't you?

7. Meh.

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 06:06:18 PM »
Hummm... thatès a great point about Valten. Perhaps Nuln instead?

Also about Boris. Quite frankly I think the Priests of Ulric would have gutted him the moment he walked through the gates. I think they would take a dim view on the whole "I was insane!" plea.

I also think that after something like that he would have hid fare share of survivor's guilt.

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2015, 06:13:08 AM »
Oh sure, Boris can't get away with a bout of insanity but Marius can run around with a life time of it. :-P

Probably right about his guilt, though. Interesting to have a figure like that wandering the wilds of the Empire.

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2015, 10:13:22 AM »
Sorry I have not posted in a while folks. Been a rough couple of months for me of late. Being a Hypochondriac with OCD sucks!

That being said I fully intend to keep updating this. Edits should come along soon and an update to the fate of the runefangs will be posted.

Offline Doc J

• Members
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2015, 01:01:33 AM »
I wanna see more on Boris that has story line alot of potential. What about those poor illiterates in Stirland ?

« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 01:05:48 AM by Doc J »

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2015, 05:16:15 AM »
I wanna see more on Boris that has story line alot of potential. What about those poor illiterates in Stirland ?

Well sine you asked so nicely...  I think it's time for some more bad news! Hold on to your seats, isin't this just so exciting!  :-P

More bad news part 2-

#10: With Gelt and his inner circle of corrupted Gold Wizards turned necromancers, the Gold order is hunted down and tired for crimes against the Empire by the Witch Hunters. Many innocent Gold Wizards are put to the stake, noose and axe before a victorious but seriously wounded Valten calls of the Witch hunt.

The remaining Loyal Gold Wizards and punished by Gregor Martak. Banished to Wissenland's southern border with the Border Princes, under watch by Sigmartie Priests, the Gold Order is put on the front line against Duke Farnio Forzini's soldiers, led by his own fledgling vampire "family".   

#11: With Nagash's take over of the wind of death, the practice of death magic in banned.

#12: The remaining orders took heavy losses at Altdorf, the remaining quickly set up shop in Nuln, only to be attacked by the overwhelming stench of dead bodies and rats. The Orders quickly went to work in building new places of magic within the city, though the Jade Order opted to build their collage in the fields outside Averheim.

(Writer's Note: The reason a chose these fates for the orders is rather simple. First with the rise of the Amber Order it is only logical that the Gold order should fall.)

#13: Stirland is struck low with the deaths of many state troopers falling to the hands of both the undead and chaos raiders. Count Alberich Haupt-Anderssen is furious when Grand Master Helborg strikes his deal with Vlad von Carstein. This anger is bottled away however, as Haupt-Anderssen chooses to bide his time.

#14: With Archaon's death and the collapse of his army at Talabheim, Helborg seizes the chance to be rid of Nagash. Convincing Franz in too mustering as many Witch Hunters, Priests of Sigmar, Light Wizards and knights as possible, Franz along with Helborg, Grand Theogonist Kaslain, Luthor Huss and Ludwig Schwarzhelm, lead an army in to Strilland.

Haupt-Anderssen jumps at the chance to strike at Vlad and a two pronged attack is formed, culminating at a final battle at the gates of Waldenhof, to decide the fate of Stirland. With great losses on both sides, the battle only ends with Kaslain and Franz destroying the hand of Nagash, but only with the sacrifice of the Patriarch of the Light Collage and numerous Light Wizards and Priests of Morr and Sigmar.

Though outmatched Schwarzhelm is able to slay Mandred von Carstein and secure victory over Mandred's forces.

Vlad in slain by Luthur, but he is nearly killed by Gelt and knocked unconscious. Gelt now thoroughly mad turns his wrath to wards the heroes of the Empire.

With Nagash's body crumbling to dust, Haupt-Anderssen and Helborg are about to be slain by Gelt's magic, only for Franz to step in the way of the magical blast and be mortally wounded. The dark magic turning him in to a, dying, withered husk.

Death Claw suffers a similar fate being in the blast as well.

Frustrated, Gelt slays many of Haupt-Anderssen's Greatswords and Scarlet Guard with a blast of dark magic and driving the Hochland Runefang through the Stirland Champions heart. Gelt then rounds up his Necromancers and retreats.

#15: Karl Franz's final orders are to have Waldenhof burned to the ground, For Helborg to hold an election in Averheim, for Kaslain to make sure the church recovers. For Schwarzhelm to serve the next Emperor faithfully, even if it's Helborg and for Huss to rally an army of the faithful and pursue Gelt and his necromancers.

With that Emperor Karl Franz and his Griffon Death Claw pass away.

#16; Following Orders Luthor Huss leads an army to kill Gelt. He, nor Gelt, are ever heard from again.

Right I think that's enough bad news for now

More Good news part 3-

#8: With the defeat of the undead and chaos forces head leaders, the Empire though in ruins, are able to hold an Election with Helborg winning by a land slide.

#9: Though disgruntled, Schwarzhelm swears loyalty to his semi-friend and leads an army to hunt and slay Valkia the bloody. With Her death The final Khorne Bands disperse.

#10: Boris Todbringer goes on too become near legend among Beast Hunters as he leaves a path of death in his wake. as he Gathers followers a near saint cult of ulric is formed around him.

In Later years he is granted full Sainthood by the Cult of Ulric.

#11: Strangely it is only many years after that Franz has granted Sainthood by the Church of Sigmar. 

Right I think that's all for now.

More too come.

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2016, 05:54:15 PM »
The Fate of the rune fangs is up next. You will notice the names of some of the current leaders of the Empire as of 2634 in this list and I am not done with the fluff yet you will only get their names. Consider it a teaser.

#1 Mothers Ruin:
The Runefang of Averland, was nearly lost after the war. With is burned out streets and haggard buildings nearly hampering investigators, only for it to be found in the hands of a traitor looking to overthrow Emperor Helborg. Thankfully the blade was recovered with out it taking any damage.

It is in the hands of Averland's current Elector Count Franz von Hoch, as of 2634 IC

(Writers note: See the Schwarzhelm and Helborg novels on Averlands dire sate prior to the storm of chaos and "end times")

#2 Goblin Bane:
With the count of Hochland's death, Gelt took the blade. After the war Gelt fled and took the blade with him, by which point it was lost. Gelt fled for the Border Princes with Luthor Huss on his tail. Both were heard from again.

Rumor has it that's it's in the hands of the Vampire Duke Farnio Forzini of the Border Princes, as of 2634 IC.

#3 Legbiter:
Middenland's runefang went with Todbringer on his quest to slay the beasts of the Drakwald in 2527 IC.

Though it is know that it is in the hands of the Drakwald's Beast Hunters, as of 2634 IC, many attempts of been made by the Cult of Ulric to reclaim it to no avail.

#4 Crowfeeder:
After Gausser retreated from Nordland 2523 IC, the runefang was passed among members of his family and friends after his death.
One after another they claimed the leadership of Nordland, until Old man Otto Gausser's death in 2621, as the last member of the Gausser family. After which it has exchanged hands over the years to those who have the strength to take it in a traditional Nordlander Duel.

It is currently in the hands of "Elector Count" Horas Vann as of 2634

#5 Brain Wounder:
Little is known of what Happened to the Ostland Runfang. After Vlamir von Rukov's death, the blade was lodged in Vardek Crom's evil sternum but when Ostland troops went to recover it, it had vanished. It was found later that it had been taken by a Norscan as a trophy. Though it had somehow sustained a chip at the hilt, the blade was recovered without further damages.

It is currently in that hand of Elector Count Helwig Achterberg of Ostland, as of 2634 IC.

#6 Troll Cleaver:
The Runefang of Ostermark was never lost or even damaged during that war and remain in Count Hertwig's hand until his death.

It is currently in the hands of Elector Count Isidor Kiefer of Ostermark, as of 2634 IC.

#7 Dragon Tooth:
Unlike Nordland's Runefang, the Reikland rune fang was not passed on after Karl Franz's death, rather it was held back until someone of great worth was deemed worthy of taking it. Helborg thought it was as silly idea.

It currently sits in the Talabheim Vaults, much to the ire Jochim Marquardt, the current claimant of the Elector Count of Reikland Title.

#8 Orc Hewer:
The Runefang of Stirland was on the front lines of the war with the Undead and saw much action afterwards. However it was never damaged or lost during that time.

It is Currently in the hands of Elector Count Erdmann Schroter of Stirland.

#9 Stone Breaker:
When Count Helmut Feurerbach went missing in 2522, so did the Talabecland Runefang.

It's current location is unknown.

#10 Blood Bringer:
The Runefang of Wissenland saw very little use during the Storm of Chaos but the same cannot be said now. The wars with Duke Forzini have brought it back to the front lines.

It currently is in the hands of Elector Count Reinhard Unruh of Wissenland.

#11 Beast Slayer:
As it stands the Drakwald Runefang is still trapped deep within the Vaults of Altdorf, despite the Knight of the Silver Dove's efforts to purge the city and find it. Since the city is in ruins and overrun with Nurglings it is unlikely that the fabled blade will be retrieved any time soon.

#12 Grudge Settler:
After Helborgs death in 2432 the blade was returned to Wissenland's Solland region in an effort to repair any political damage done in the past. Though welcomed by many, most prominent Southern Wissenlanders and some Averlanders (Ie. those that are Sollander/Suddenlander descent) considered it to be too little to late.

The Blade is currently in the hand of General Hanz Sonnen of Pfiedorf.

I know it's not much of an update but I'm still working on the whole knightly order thing.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 04:45:27 AM by Captain Dob Van Dwi »

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2016, 05:14:58 PM »
Note that I shall refer to both the Storm of Chaos and End Times as "The Storm" from here on out as one event.

Knightly Orders destroyed during the Storm-

The Orders of Sigmar:

Hunters of Sigmar:
The Beastmen of the Empire's forests were emboldened by the chaotic invasion. With all Beastmen waging war, the isolated Order was easy to pick off one by one.

Fewer then ten knights survived the war. They retreated to Wurtbad and re-founded the Order two years later, building a new chapter house with in it's walls.

However this was short lived as the order was disbanded after the Altdorf Conflicts.

(Writers note: I wanted the order to resurface as I thought that would be an interesting twist to see them make a come back, only for then to blunder and pick the wrong side during the conflicts)

Knights of the Fiery Heart:
This order was destroyed by Beastmen in Talabecland.

(See the Gotrek and Felix Novel Shamanslayer)

Knights of The Jade Hammer:
This Order was destroyed during the Fall of Western Reikland

Knights of the Twin-tailed Orb:
This order took heavy losses during the Fall of Western Reikland and was destroyed in the Siege of Altdorf.

The Orders of Manann:

The Sons of Manann & The Knights Mariner: Both of these orders were called to defend Marienburg from the Glott Kin's Army. Both were lost during the siege.

The Orders of Ulric:

The Knights of the Bloody Fist & The knights of the Northern Cross:
Both of these orders fought with the Knights of the White Wolf to defend the City of Middenheim. Both Orders sacrificed themselves to buy the Knights of The White Wolf time to secure the Temple of Ulric.

The Orders of Taal:

The Longshanks:
This rural order based in the woods of Talabecland was wiped out by beastmen.

The Orders of Myrmidia:

The Knights of the Merciless Titan & The Knights of the Verdant Spear:
Both orders fought with the Knights of the Blazing Sun, along with the other Orders of Myrmidia at the Burning of Talabheim. Both Orders were destroyed.

The Orders of Morr:

The Knights Raven:
This order was wiped out at the Battle of Waldenhof.

Secular Orders:

The Knight of the Shining Talon, Vengeful Sun & Order of the Crystal Lance:
All Three orders were called up to Aid in an attack in to southern Kislev. All three were lost when a summoned comet his their position in Count Hartwig's army

Order of Glinting Steel:
This Order was overrun with wave upon wave of zombies at the Battle of Pfiedorf fight against Duke Forzini's hordes.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 04:41:34 AM by Captain Dob Van Dwi »

Offline Doc J

• Members
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2016, 02:52:07 PM »
really good read, I was relieved when I found out Orc Hewer was safe  :smile2: Renegade Reiksguard...... we need more

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2016, 12:09:18 AM »
I thought you would doc, I wanted to make sure Stirland was not to heavily changed.

As for the renegades fluff, more will come, however the old lap top is on the fritz, all I have is my 6inch tablet.
It will likely show in this post.

Also, I need to research the orders to see who sides with who, is who sides with Helborg and who with the new
Reiksguard, so that my take me a day or two.

At any rate if you (doc j) or anyone else have any questions I'll be happy to answer them.

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2016, 04:21:40 AM »
EDIT: Note that this post has been moved to this location in the thread. It was replaced by the various knightly orders that were destroyed.

The Altdorf Conflicts - Part 1: Setting The Stage for Civil War

Part 1: A new man on The Throne

Date: Spring 2526 IC
Place: The City of Averheim

A great number of the Reiksguard were wiped out with the fall of Altdorf, save for the knights that Helborg had with him. These Knights fought with him right up to the Battle of Waldenhof. Soon after the war the now severely under strength order were quick to start on the Path to rebuilding.

After becoming Emperor and establishing relative peace, Helborg swore that he would rebuild the order and take back Altdorf, to which the Reiksguard were elated. Soon more and more novice knights, most from displaced Aldtdorf families, bolstered the ranks of the Reiksguard.

However Helborg never did keep his promise. Once is passions had cooled, Helborg, ever the strategist, realized that by retaking Altdorf he would loose more then he would gain. While gaining the good will of the Church of Sigmar and the displaced people of Altdorf would be a significant gain he also knew that shuch an attack would cost more lives that were worth the aforementioned gains.

Instead he compromised and walled off Altdorf hopeing to retake the city at a later date. He ordered the founding of the Knights of the Silver Dove in honour of Karl Franz and the goddess Shallya. These Knights were protect the empire from a fallen Altdorf and keep those who wish to enter out, even crusaders and those who meant well.

Furious at the perceived betrayal, the Reiksguard left Helborg's side and started a series of small civil wars among the knightly orders. Known as the Altdorf Conflicts, many old knightly orders were outright slaughtered and new orders were snuffed out before they had a chance for greatness. 

Part 2: Helborgs Bane
Date: Early Summer to Late Fall 2526 IC
PLaces: Southern Talabecland & Stirland, Eastern Reikland and The City state of Nuln

The Reiksguard's first action was to elect a new Grand Master. A young knight of Altdorf by the name of Ekkehardt Ritter, was elected as leader of the Reiksguard.

Ritter, a young man who had once had great respect for Helborg, had felt so betrayed by Helborg's actions, that he nearly quit the order outright.
Better judgement, or perhaps unspeakable ire towards Helborg, stayed the man from such a course.

No, the man who would go on to be known as "Helborg's Bane", had other ideas.

In 2526 IC, just two and a quarter years in to Emperor Helborg's rule, Ritter set out, with a select number of Reiksguard, on a grand tour of Southern Talabecland & Stirland, Eastern Reikland and finally stopping of in Nuln.

A hansom young man with a talent for both song and sword, it was soon found that he was, in fact, also a fiery demagogue and agitator.

He spoke in the injustice of letting Altdorf languish, that it had been abandoned and that walling off Western Reikland from the East was preventing Weastern Refugges from returning home.
He spoke of the great dissatisfaction with, what he called, "Helborg's Temple", referring to Helborg's friendship with Kaslain, implying that the Church of Sigmar was not taking care of Sigmars people for fear of Kaslain's ire.

He spoke of the hunger that the refugees of Weastern Reikland & Altdorf faced and that her state army was little more than a rabble of thugs that Helborg had hired to strong arm them.

He was literally placing all the blame on Helborg, for one man, even the Emperor, is an easy target for one's rage.

It worked.

While his turnouts in Talabecland were less than spectacular, as the province was generally was pro-Helborg, his tour took him east to Stirland, where his tour soon picked up steam, with the newly re-founded Hunters of Sigmar falling in too support the young Grand Master and his Reiksguard.

With the support of a well loved knightly order, Ritter moved in to Eastern Reikland.

By the time he left Eastern Reikland  and entered the gates of Nuln, his tour had become a full blown movement, with followers, especially among former Altdorf soldiers and refugees. These men and women, who actually traveled with Ritter and his Knights, were collectively known as "Ritter's Marchers".

In Nuln, Ritter gave his most impassioned speech yet. This event, with it's over the top Anti-Helborg rhetoric and fanatical Sigmarite undertones, was the colest that Ritter ever came to calling for rebellion.

Realising that this speech was getting out of hand, the Nuln Town Watch Cut Ritter off and ousted him from the city.

By then however it was all ready too late, the Sigmarite Knigthly Orders who made Altdorf their home and others who considered it their spiritual center, such as the Knights of the Hammers of Sigmar and the fanatical Knights of Sigmar's blood, had chosen to support Ritter.

However one Order of devout Sigmarites were strangely absent...

« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 10:52:10 PM by Captain Dob Van Dwi »

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2016, 04:41:03 PM »
Part 3: Helborg's Folly

Date: Early Spring 2527 IC
Place: The City of Averheim

The Knights Griffon had suffered heavy losses during the Destruction of Altdorf and the Sacking of Nuln, with over 100 knights being killed. With fewer that 40 able bodied brothers, the order was hard pressed to make up for lost time, in the newly saved Empire. The Order had little interest in siding with Grandmaster Ritter. Their Order was under-strength, they had recovered most of their lost relics & their new mission was paramount in their minds.

As per their long standing oath, when Emperor Helborg moved the Capital to Averheim, so did the Knights Griffon move to Averheim's streets. They quickly set to work purging the city of any lingering chaotic elements and building a new chapter head quarters. Order was kept in the city by the Knights for many months, as the Averheim Town Watch was re-founded after several cults had been found in their ranks.

Even eith this in mind, the new Grandmaster Elais Adlersflugel, was quick to make foes with the Knights of the Black Bear however. Soon the rivalry between the two grandmasters over flowed in too the streets of Averheim. Things came to a head when Helborg sent Schwarzhelm to intercede, rather than let the two proud masters of both orders sort things out themselves.

The duel was set for the early morning and Schwarzhelm was quick to find the selected spot.  As the two Grandmasters drew their swords on each other, Schqarzhelm was forced to step in-between them to prevent bloodshed. At first the stern commands that Schwarzhelm gave seem to have an effect, with Grandmaster Boris Aninder of the Black Bear standing down.

However Schwarzhelm had to defend himself when Grandmaster Adlersfulgel attacked him. The Proud Grandmaster saw Schwarzhelm's interceding as a slight. The fight was short and too the point, with Adleesfugel's head rolling about.

This action, however justified, was the burning wick that set off the powder keg.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 03:31:31 PM by Captain Dob Van Dwi »

Offline Doc J

• Members
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2016, 02:51:46 AM »
Great read, I cant wait to find out what happens. I was hoping you'd update soon.

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2016, 03:13:34 PM »
The Altdorf Conflicts -Part 2: First Blood.

Part 1: The Flames of Averheim

Date: Early to Late Spring 2527 IC
Places: The Province of Averland, The City of Averheim & The Averheim-Wissenland Border.

One can only speculate as to Helborg's motives in sending Schwarzhelm to resolve the matter, or if Helborg himself had gone to stop the Proud Griffon & Great Bear. Perhaps, in person, he would have been able to stop them without blood shed.

Regardless, the death of their Grandmaster sent the Knight Griffon in to a rage. The ensuing chaos has been known as "The Flames of Averheim" ever since. This event was the first spilling of blood in the Altdorf Conflicts.

The Knights griffon tore through the streets of Averheim, cutting down Helborg supporters with near impunity and rallying Pro-Griffon Sigmarites throughout the city to their banner of rebellion. Unsurprisingly, The Order of the Black Bear jumped in to action and clashed with the Knights Griffon and their supporters. The Streets of Averheim rang with the sound of steel on steel and the bellows of anger from both sides.

The City Watch was embroiled as well. The Watch was split in too two factions, with one side supporting Helborg and the other supporting the Knights Griffon. The City Watch's infighting was brutal and bloody with back ally stabbings, beatings, lynchings and ambushes in broad daylight.

This was the state of things for three days of blood and gore. Soon the Pro-Helborg parts of city was set alight by the Knights Griffon in an effort
to burn out Helborg and his supporters from the city. For the next seven days, the flames were carefully tended and targets selected for the most effect. First it was the homes of Pro-Helborgers, then the Pro-Helborg smithies & the Pro-Helborg Watchmen's armoury.

Even the City's Temple of Sigmar burned, with the collaboration of the City's Pro-Ritter Preists of Sigmar, who quickly fabricated false evidence
and pinned the burning on Helborg.       

For eight more days street fighting went on. The death toll had all ready climbed to 79, with another 112 wounded.

On the 19th day, a now steaming Helborg sent a bird to to Wissenburg requesting troops to out down the Knights Griffon's rebellion.

However, Wissenland was having it's own troubles.       
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 03:32:21 PM by Captain Dob Van Dwi »

Offline Doc J

• Members
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2016, 08:40:26 PM »
I like it what a chaotic situation, what about the civilian caught up in it how do they fare? If you dont mind I'd like to use some of the major events of your fluff and incorporate it into mine, my Stirlanders are getting mighty bored milling around in the Border Princes  :laugh:
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 10:55:13 PM by Doc J »

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2016, 09:21:10 PM »
By all means Doc!

Offline Doc J

• Members
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2016, 10:56:02 PM »
Huzzah they strike camp and march north  :-D

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2016, 09:16:50 PM »
The Altdorf Conflicts -Part 2 Continued

Part 2: Ritter's First Move

Date: Early to Late Spring 2527 IC
Place: The Averland-Wissenland Border

Grandmaster Ritter was Wissenland's trouble. The Grandmaster, soon after being thrown out of Nuln, marched his army deep in to Wissenland. First through Wissenburg, then through Pfiedorf, only gathering more followers as he went.

At first content to wait and see what his seeds of rebellion would bring, Ritter, upon hearing of the Knights Griffon's plight, rallied his Reiksguard Knights and Followers and marched to Averland.

Ritter's first order of business was to set a fast pace and burn the trail behind them, so the pursuing Wissenland Forces, who mostly consisted of light Cavalry, would bun through their fodder quickly and find none to re-supply.
The only places spared were Sigmarite farms and holdings, who were in favor of Ritter and his men. Those who were offered up supplies to the Fanatical army.

The now tried pursuit force was left with no other option but to scavenge meager rations from a now scorched and plunder countryside.

Ritter's army plundered Staig and quickly burned Ellwangen to the ground. With Wissenland's army busy to the south the only resistance was a lowly Free Company.

Gunther Althuas, was an elderly Free Captain out of Ostland, having been hired by Helborg as a rear-guard force to protect the back of the Wissenland army, was totally flabbergasted by Ritter's actions.

The 67 year old Free Captain could only stroke his braided beard in frustration as Ritter's now 1100 man army encrouched upon his position. 
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 09:19:30 PM by Captain Dob Van Dwi »

Offline Doc J

• Members
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2016, 12:24:43 AM »
I believe in Gunther Althuas, I think he can stop Ritter's Army I think he has to stop them.  :::cheers:::