home

Author Topic: Pandemonium Multi-PLog (update: out)  (Read 296166 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Pandemonium Multi-PLog (of Hobbits and Orctober)
« Reply #775 on: October 23, 2016, 07:23:46 PM »
Well done! :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #776 on: October 23, 2016, 11:41:15 PM »
Orcs in puff and slash still look weird to me. But if ever i was going to like them, it would be when you paint them!
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #777 on: October 24, 2016, 12:31:09 AM »
Awesome idea! Those dudes look great.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #778 on: October 24, 2016, 12:40:48 AM »
Great painting on those Orcs!

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #779 on: October 24, 2016, 01:29:09 AM »
Thanks everyone.

Orcs in puff and slash still look weird to me. But if ever i was going to like them, it would be when you paint them!

My logic is that orcs like bashing skulls. What if a particularly smart (for an orc) and talented skull-basher realized that not only could he spend his days bashing skulls AND get paid for it...? Or what if some enterprising non-orc managed to act in an advisory/management role for said skull-bashers...?  :wink:

^^^ The rest of my previously painted great orc mercenaries. (And adviser.) At some point, I would love to get more, but they're a bit expensive for me right now.

Offline steveb

• Members
« Reply #780 on: October 24, 2016, 03:09:20 AM »
I love those puff and slash Orcs, it puts the spin back in fantasy.  Nicely done sir.  steveb

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #781 on: October 24, 2016, 09:51:47 AM »
"Maybe we get paid more if we dress like dem ummies!"

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #782 on: October 24, 2016, 03:16:54 PM »

My logic is that orcs like bashing skulls. What if a particularly smart (for an orc) and talented skull-basher realized that not only could he spend his days bashing skulls AND get paid for it...? Or what if some enterprising non-orc managed to act in an advisory/management role for said skull-bashers...?  :wink:

I have a suspicion you were remembering and recalling WE history .............................

Moe, Larry Curly and Shemp are alive and well.  You really should attend to Otto & Max.  I would not tolerate servants who lie so easily.  My Customer Service Ogres have travelled east to attend to some family business.  My last letter from Moe indicates that they intend to relocate their kin to Nordland to serve in Theodoric's Army (for a price).  They will be coming through Kislev and would be happy to pay respect to your ashes.

I cannot believe it is over 8 years now.

Anyway the Kev Adams Mercenary Ogres and Orcs collection for Foundry are alive and well, and have seen a resurgence of late as Foundry have hunted out all the old moulds.
I had been collecting them for over 12 years, first picking up some blisters in bargain boxes at Salute where you got them at £4 each blister and buy 5 get 6th one free; and that was when the Ogres were packed in twos, and the Orcs in 3's. Now they start around £6 each and go up from there .........................

http://www.warmongerminiatures.com/collections/mercenary-collection

http://www.warmongerminiatures.com/collections/great-orc-characters

I need 4 to complete the collection, and Foundry have them, but I can wait for a deal or a sale  :engel:

Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #783 on: October 25, 2016, 05:48:20 AM »
Anyway the Kev Adams Mercenary Ogres and Orcs collection for Foundry are alive and well, and have seen a resurgence of late as Foundry have hunted out all the old moulds.
I had been collecting them for over 12 years, first picking up some blisters in bargain boxes at Salute where you got them at £4 each blister and buy 5 get 6th one free; and that was when the Ogres were packed in twos, and the Orcs in 3's. Now they start around £6 each and go up from there .........................

http://www.warmongerminiatures.com/collections/mercenary-collection

http://www.warmongerminiatures.com/collections/great-orc-characters

I need 4 to complete the collection, and Foundry have them, but I can wait for a deal or a sale  :engel:

I can only dream of a complete collection of them. I don't even care about the plain war orcs, just the puff & slash guys. And yes, I've been keeping an eye on Warmonger. Especially considering recent changes in the balance of currency conversion.  :engel:

But I'm broke at the moment. And I already have enough miniatures to paint as it is. HAHAHAHA. Just kidding. "I already have enough miniatures" doesn't even make any kind of sense. Who would even think such nonsense.

I was shopping at a Halloween store and I found...

$1.99 reinforcements? Not quite "gaming proportions" and half of them are bent up. They also fall closer to the size of the giants rather than the ogres. More like a taller cousin to the 40mm skeleton on the right. Not sure if that's good or bad. I didn't really have a plan for them beyond, "Ooooh, cheap! I should buy a bag!"

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #784 on: October 25, 2016, 11:12:49 AM »
Those skeletons alongside the other figures look like some sort of extinct branch of humans/ogres/half giants.  Maybe they are an ancient force of a race long since past, back from the dead to terrorize the descendants of those who killed them off.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #785 on: October 26, 2016, 04:12:23 PM »
Paint them up like statues and they can be like Ushabti. Mortuary statues come to life. For 2 bucks why not.

Offline White Knight

• Members
« Reply #786 on: October 27, 2016, 05:56:19 PM »
Cut one down to size to fit with the ogres and add some greenstuff shredded clothes?

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #787 on: October 28, 2016, 02:49:53 AM »
Those skeletons alongside the other figures look like some sort of extinct branch of humans/ogres/half giants.  Maybe they are an ancient force of a race long since past, back from the dead to terrorize the descendants of those who killed them off.

Given that my "living" giants are all over the place in terms of size and scale, I think a variety of skeletal ones would be within the realms of reason fantasy gaming.

For 2 bucks why not.

That's what it comes down to. They're less than $0.13 each. Giants, chop them up for bits of terrain & basing details, give them to my daughter to play with... it would have been foolish to leave the store without at least one pack.

Cut one down to size to fit with the ogres and add some greenstuff shredded clothes?

Good idea. There's a crouching/kneeling one that may be useful for that, maybe I can hide it's height a bit. Remove the lower part of the spine...

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #788 on: October 28, 2016, 09:32:01 AM »

"Remove the lower part of the spine..."

That's it! Know your thinking like a pain boy
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #789 on: October 28, 2016, 06:50:19 PM »

"Remove the lower part of the spine..."

That's it! Know your thinking like a pain boy

Hahaha! Yes.

Westfalia kobold samples:

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
Re: Pandemonium Multi-PLog (kobolds)
« Reply #790 on: October 29, 2016, 06:20:20 AM »
One more quick Westfalia figure, a steppe goblin from the KS. Trying out a phone app (Pixlr) for the photo editing.

Offline Naitsabes

• Members
  • Never slid
« Reply #791 on: October 29, 2016, 06:42:25 AM »
neat! in particular the details on the shield. it is a rather large goblin. must be good eating out on the steppes.  :dry:
The Empire Road to Volganof Last update 18Mar2023 - Pistoliers & Baggage train)

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #792 on: October 29, 2016, 08:59:37 AM »
That Westfalia Goblin is a really nice sculpt, and I like how you've painted it.  :eusa_clap:

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #793 on: October 29, 2016, 12:05:05 PM »
Well done on the steppe goblin!  Very well done! :eusa_clap: :icon_cool:

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #794 on: October 29, 2016, 04:16:11 PM »
Thanks. Yeah, he's just a little smaller than a regular human. Hobgoblin-y, I think.

The photos of the kobolds weren't great so I tried again.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #795 on: October 29, 2016, 08:49:44 PM »
Super! When I think of kobolds I think of the world of Warcraft kobolds but I'm thinking I don't know the proper history again. The local gaming store is also called kobold's.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
Re: Pandemonium Multi-PLog (casualty markers)
« Reply #796 on: November 13, 2016, 02:30:55 AM »
I've been using skull shaped beads to mark wounds & casualties, but I have needed some different markers to indicate larger kultiplesnof wounds and/or negative status (broken demoralized, whatevs), depending on the game being played. So...

Skulls will indicate single wounds, gravestones insicate five, and the Black Rabbit of Inlé will indicate either ten wounds or a crippling status of some sort, s appropriate per the rules in any given battle.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
Re: Pandemonium Multi-PLog (Skrolk)
« Reply #797 on: November 16, 2016, 09:02:01 PM »
A few of us on the Oldhammer in the New World FB group did a surprise figure exchange. I painted & sent someone Lord Skrolk.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #798 on: November 16, 2016, 09:44:02 PM »
This is freakin great! Looks like a trixie rat bent on stirring things up!
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #799 on: November 16, 2016, 10:49:35 PM »
I love the corrupted green on the spiked ball. It looks fantastic.