home

Author Topic: Help me find a head!  (Read 879 times)

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
Help me find a head!
« on: February 02, 2021, 03:40:33 PM »
A beastman head to be specific.

I've been working on some Wulfhart's Hunters recently and want my tracker to stand out from the crowd a bit, didn't quite know how until I saw this fella recently on the Warhammer Community pages...

BINGO!

I think if my tracker was lofting about the head of a slain beastman following a successful hunt, that'd be just the right kind of vibe. Trouble is I'm not aware of any headless beastmen available on the market, and this guy is a store birthday exclusive arriving sometime in 2021 so out of the running, Minotaur head is probably a little bit too big as well in all honesty.

Before I delve into the realms of cobbling something together for myself and getting greenstuff in the carpet, I ask you this;

Does anybody know of a GW part or bit, from any set, or even a character that I can cannibalize, which might include some sort of beastman trophy which would fit the bill? I'm aware of the old Grey Knights holding deamon heads but I really think it would be better if it were a beastman. Anything from Ogres or Greenskins that have beastman heads on banners or belt loops etc?...

I've now said beastman too many times and it's lost all meaning...

Beastman...

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
Re: Help me find a head!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 03:43:20 PM »
Or any other beastly/monstrous suggestions befitting the quarry of good old MW and his merry men if beastmen noggins are hard to come by?...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 03:45:57 PM by Jmash »

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 11:08:31 AM »
Why wouldn't a Gor/Bestigor head from the plastic sets do? Does it need to be bigger (but not Minotaur size)? Do you need a hand attached to the head?

Maybe you can search eBay and Etsy for beastman heads?

I've seen a warrior priest model by an alternative company/person that holds a beastman head. Very reminiscent of that famous Luthor Huss illustration many a model maker has imitated in their kitbashes. Just cannot remember now who produces that model. But it would probably be a rather expensive option for just a hand holding a head?

Oh, have you looked for Reaper Bones beastmen? There are a couple of sculpts that come very close to GW beastmen, but that have bigger heads than the aforementioned plastic kits. At around £3-4 apiece, chopping off a head from a Reaper Bones mini might be affordable?

Search for beastmen: https://www.reapermini.com/search/beastman+plastic/latest

Some more options are listed under the werecreatures: https://www.reapermini.com/miniatures/figurefinder+plastic+were/latest

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 11:29:05 AM »
I was hoping there might be something pre-severed i.e. something taken as a trophy, either already with a hand holding it up or at least some expression of death on the face and a bloodied neck stump!

If there's nothing that fits the bill then yes I will probably end up just using a regular head and get creative adapting it, it just means I'd have to invest some time in my sculpting skills... :dry:

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2021, 06:29:39 PM »
What about the giant head from the GW giant kit? One of them has horns.
Now go! Ride towards the sun atop these noble steeds
You're our spandex heroes, now fullfil your destinies
And so we turned and rode beyond the castle walls
with shiny codpiece armour that doth cradle our chivalrous balls