home

Author Topic: Question about how you are basing your regiments  (Read 655 times)

Offline KTG17

• Members
Question about how you are basing your regiments
« on: June 25, 2021, 04:59:23 PM »
I have several of the GW base sets where you can cut down the plastic to make your customized regiment bases. Each sprue comes with 8 sets of 2 corner pieces, with those straight ones. Well, to cut corners and get the most out of each set, I was only using 2 corners per base, at the front, and leaving nothing along the rear edge. I can't say this looks the prettiest, but I thought it would give me more bang for my buck.

But now I am wondering if I shouldn't use all for corners. For one thing it does seem like it would make the models more stable when being moved, but I also feel since most of the time its being viewed from the front, using the corners for the back is a little bit of a waste. So that being said, I was wonder how you guys were setting up for regimental bases. Using two corners like I was, or 4 to round the edges of the tray out?

Does this make sense?

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Question about how you are basing your regiments
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2021, 05:17:18 PM »
All my movement trays work without corners at the back.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline brr-icy

• Members
  • All the things 6th
Re: Question about how you are basing your regiments
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2021, 01:03:27 PM »
I have them both ways. It works either way, I don't really have a preference unless the base part is shorter than the last base on it, then it can get messy