home

Author Topic: The Burned Man  (Read 1644 times)

Offline Captain Dob Van Dwi

• Members
  • Just jiven'
The Burned Man
« on: November 25, 2011, 06:20:59 AM »
Well this is my A6 Prolouge. Some of you may allready know whats up from A5.5 but here are the bits all ready up.
Part 1
Meanwhile somewhere in Southern Tilea workcamp...

The Burned Man fell back from the Kislavite cell mate he was fighting with.
"You will die Marienbuger!" The Kislavite barked through his blood spaterded bead
The Burned Man could feel his blood soaking in to the bandages that covered his body
How he hated that feeling
He reashed up and graped at the bruse that the Kislavite had on his kneck and pushed him off when he howled with pain
Before he could land another punch the Guard burst in to the cell
"Whats all this then?!?" he spat in Tilean he raised his club to strike the Burned Man but then he herd the Kislavite threw a curse and the guard
Turning the guard then begain to beat the Kislavite with the club
Seeing his chance the Burned one thrust his hand out and grabed the guard's dagger!
Spinning the was to slow to to avide the dagger that now found itself in his neck
Shoveing the gurad away he helped the Kislavite to his feet and grabbed the guard's keys

"I did not hurt you to bad did I Reganev?" The Burned Man rasped
"No my friend you did not. But that show will be nothing compared to what we will do to them!" Raganev said
"Ula!" The Bruned Man rasped to the croud of angry Kislavites
"ULA!!!" They Roared back
Part 2
Tilean work camp outside Commerico
The Burned man smashed down with his stolen club and bashed the brains out of the first guard and then turned and kicked another in the goin and then pushed him back with a punch to his nose.
"Good fight eh Marienburger?!?" Raganev said
The Burned man just nodded
He had to admit that the brutal work of kick, smash, punch, push and so on brought him back to the good old days when he had had good friend and allies, when he had stood firm against madness covered in fur in cramped spaces not unlike these
"ULA!" He heard Raganev call the battle cry
Shuch a simple word that he had no idea what it ment but it seemed to galvanize the Kislavits and they pushed back all the harder
A guard that looked to be only a boy rushed up and tried to smash the Burned Man's head in fell back on his back as a Kislavite near by stabbed him in the guts with a looted knife
The Burned Man blinked as he watched the boy fall back. He was no friend with the Kislavite that had saved him but yet the man hade saved him anyway
"What's your name friend?" The Burned Man rasped to the Kislavite
"Balaguardi"
"Why?" The Burned Man Asked and pointed to the boy with his foot
"You commrade. You friend in this hole. You help, I help"
Still comtomplateing what Balaguardi said the guards fell back for renforcements
"Raganev?" The Burned Man rasped "Surely you know this is death? We are out numbered and out weaponed. You, we will all die here"
Raganev turned and looked the Burned Man in the eye
"Perhaps but you told me all you storys againt shuch odds, all you geat victorys, how you came to be here even though you should be dead" Raganev stared ahrd at him and said "No. No victory can be won with out good planning and scarfice, we Kislavites know thins better than anyone"

Yes he thought as he and the Kislavites turned and charged in to the next wave, just like old times
Part 3
Work camp, Tilea, out side of Commerico
"Free our brothers!" Ragaven called and threw a key to the Burned Man
He nodded and set off down the hallway
He haited running he made his burned skin flair up, like he was on fire. Some times it got so intense that he found it haod to breath
"Damn that hedge wizard! the Burned man thought "If he had just died quickly..."

Turning one last corner he came to the cell he was looking for
Inside was a man of an Arbayan cast with a face that was a mass of scar tissue that covered his face. He was missing his right ear and had no nose but despite tthese thigs and his face being covered with a huge ragged beard, he was undoubtly the one the Burned man was looking for.
He slamed the key in to the lock and turned it.
"My fri..."
A fist slamed in to his face
Stumbleing back the Burned Man clutched his nose as blood leaked in to the bandages
"The the bloody hell was that for!" he rasped
The Scard One waved his hand over his face and pulled down his shirt to reaveal the scars on his chest and the mass of scar tissue on his neck
"Eh?" The Burned Man rasped
The Scard man pointed to his neck again
"You can't speak?" The Birned man asked his eyes widening "Well I guess I deserved that after all"
The Scard one made a "Were even now" movment with his hands
Handing him an extra club, the Burned Man ran dwon the hall with the Scard One not far behind

"Forward!" Raganev called with force
They had reached the entrance and it was obvious to the Burned Man that these guards were not the top notch warriors they had fought befor.
"And why should they be?" He thought to himself "They thought that we could never get out"
He heard a roar behind him and saw the Scard one and Balaguardi charge up behind him and smash aside the guards with a heavy wooden door.
They made A good team The Burned man thought. The Huge Kislavite was even bigger than the Burned Man and he used his great strength to grapple his foes while the smaller Scard One got his knife in to the guard's guts
The Burned man was brought back to the world when he saw a heavy mace come down for his head
He doged to the side and as the man's mace smashed in to the floor he reached out, grabed the guard's tunic drew him close and stabbed his knife in to the man's guts. His club had broken a long time ago
Picking up the man's flanged mace he charged in to the fray and smashed a man to the left crushing his chest just as he saw Balaguardi headbutt a man in the face then finish him off woth a large rock to the head
"ULA!!!" The Kislavits cheared as the guards begain to break
As they broke threw the guard's lines they saw death
"Shit!" He heard Balaguardi hay from just behind him "The Kights of Commerico!"
The black armoured warriors lowered thir lances and charged down uncareing for the fact that they wpould crush their own men
"Go Burned One!" Raganev called "We will hold them!"
"But..."
"NO!" Raganev shouted back "Go! NOW! I was a preist of Ursun once and I can sdee that you have a great task ahead of of you. You Must fofull it! GO!"
The Burned Man knew that tone. Raganev would not be moved
"Good Luck" The Burned man rasped
And with that he ran with the Scard One and Balaguardi not far behind
Part 4
As they ran from the Commericoans the party soon happened upon a small town called Avalangica
The Burned Man had wanted to go on but the others had not and in the end he a given up and desided to let them rest, though he knew that soon the Knights of Commerico would be on them
He had to admit though that it had been a good stop. He had been able to remove some of the bandages from healed flesh but he still was mostly still covered head to toe.
He had been able to barter for a ragged great coat and a riped, hooded, Hochland forester's cloke with hood and even a bottle of rye whiskey
That said a bottle of strong drink would not get them through and the Burned man waited in the market square for his friends to show

Just as he was about to go look for them someone tapped his sholder
Spinning he made to pull out his new mace when he saw it was the Scard One
He looked little better than before. He had sheared his beard close to his face, makeing the scars on his face stand out all the more, though he had left his hair long and had tied a keffiyeh around his head he still looked like crap
Raising his hand he lifted a slate shard
Scribbled on it, in... something, were the words "Found some food my friend"
Lowering his hand he pointed to the bag of salted meat and hardtack at his waist
"Great work. How much?"
Wipeing away the old words he took out some dirt or mud and daoubed some more words on it
"Fifty coppers"
"Good enough" Balaguardi said from behind him
"Don't do that! You'll kill me!" The Burned man said jumping back

The Big Kislavite grinned
He looked all most the same but he had got himself a furry hat and a new felt vest
The Big kislavte pulled at his exstravagently curled moustash and said
"I have map"
Handing it to The Burned Man, who unrolled it and looked hard at it as the other two looked over his sholders
"Where go?" asked Balaguardi
The Scard One pointed to the map
"Bretonnia? You Sure?"
The Scard One nodded and wiped the slate and wrote again
It was in two halfs one note at the top and one at the bottem in fine wording that the Burned man had to squint to read.
"Your brother dose not have many spies there" he read the first note and then the second "We can make for Artois when we get there, it's heavly forested so it will be an easy hinding place"

The Burned man thought
"Yes that might be best and I think I know someone there who can help
I choose too keep "Old Warhammer" alive with my blood sweat and tears.

It's bad that warhammer might die but it would be a tragedy if it stays dead!