home

Author Topic: TEG3: TCW's Creeping Death Tactical Thread (Chaos Only)  (Read 9099 times)

Offline TCWarroom

• Members
Re: TEG3: TCW's Creeping Death Tactical Thread (Chaos Only)
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2013, 02:09:18 AM »
5 knights on a one time 6 is not. "Big" mistake. They could still fail their 1 time 9. We will see. These knights will have a 1 time 5 from a terror causer charging them.

Offline zifnab0

• Members
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2013, 02:15:22 AM »
His general is on the other side of the field, ICK are normally Ld. 8, they would test on 5 with Doom & Darkness.

Offline TCWarroom

• Members
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2013, 02:31:08 AM »
No musician?

Offline zifnab0

• Members
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2013, 02:38:12 AM »
You're right, he's got a musician.  I figured he wouldn't take any command with just 5 knights.

Still, he will have to rally and reform, keeping him out of the fight for another turn.  Maybe we can hit those outriders on T2.  Hope they don't blow up our Daemon Prince.

Offline TCWarroom

• Members
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2013, 02:39:20 AM »
He should hold with the 1up armor and bonus magic resistance. I am more scared of a cannon ball.

Offline grifter

• Members
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2013, 09:49:15 AM »
Sorry for remaining silent so far, I finally feel like I have something to contribute though.

They need those Outriders out of the way of their GS horde, so I suggest running away with the dogs to hold them up.

Hold with the BSB? Can he take those knights? I have no experience with chaos whatsoever...

Offline zifnab0

• Members
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2013, 11:38:14 AM »
I'd be tempted to flee with the BSB, just to make him test to redirect.  Against the BSB he wins combat (probably by 1) and we would hold, then slaughter him next turn.  If they fail to redirect then they foul up his steam tank this turn.  I don't think either is a bad option.

Flee with the dogs.  They'll run off the board, but they aren't that many points and it keeps his greatswords tied up.

Do the Warriors of Nurgle have anything?  Or just hand weapons & chaos armor?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 12:20:58 PM by zifnab0 »

Offline rothgar13

• Members
  • Steam Tank Engineer
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2013, 02:29:03 AM »
OK, we caught a bit of a break with the Knights whiffing on that rally - one less unit to deal with. I'd let the present Fireball go as well, and we can now start planning the next turn's offensive. I think your Slaanesh Chariot on the left should try and take the fight to those Knights, because if they charge you, you're toast. I would use either the Chimera or the DP to take those Outriders on the right out of the game, and blockade the STank with Warhound unit 2, assuming it's still around.

Offline zifnab0

• Members
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2013, 02:53:33 AM »
In the middle I think you want to fly the Chimera up and breath on the Wizard bunker.

Maybe charge the Warriors into the Archers so you can wipe them out this turn.  Need to do something about the Steam Tank this turn and that would get the Wizard in range to do some damage.

I don't have high hopes for the DP surviving.  He's going to take a lot of fire this turn.

Offline rothgar13

• Members
  • Steam Tank Engineer
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2013, 04:09:17 AM »
I do - most of that fire is coming from magic (only Banishment can hurt him, and that can be dispelled), and Outriders (S4 AP doesn't do diddly to a T5 model with 1+ armor and a 5+ Ward). The only thing that would make me apprehensive is the cannonball, and even then it's unlikely to kill you outright, in which case you run into the nearest combat and heal up.

Offline grifter

• Members
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2013, 10:20:54 AM »
Can you choose whcih Wizard dispels a spell? (I rarely have more then 1 wizard in my armies so have not come across this.) If so, have the lvl 1 dispel the Fireball on 1 DD, if he rolls a 1, no biggie. Otherwise, let it through.

I think the Daemon Prince should get himself a piece of those juicy Outriders next turn, redirecting into the Bunker if they flee.
Chimera goes for the bunker as well, and the Knights should prepare for a charge on the STank. They have lances, right? So they´d mess it up pretty good?

Move the Warhounds on the left in front of the Knights and prepare the Chariot for a flank charge into the middle (right into the Outriders flank if they don´t move). WH2 should move to hold up the STank if necessary.

Offline zifnab0

• Members
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2013, 11:35:45 AM »
Don't bother dispelling.  It is a waste of a die.

Offline TCWarroom

• Members
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2013, 03:09:37 PM »
Im with you guys. Hope the DP survives the cannon ball....

Offline zifnab0

• Members
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2013, 03:12:22 PM »
He could also throw 6 dice at Banishment.  Hope he rolls low.

Offline TCWarroom

• Members
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2013, 05:19:08 PM »
Not really scared of the banishment with a 3+ armor 3+ ward

Offline mrth0msen

• Members
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2013, 06:10:46 PM »
Banishment isn't flaming mate!

Offline mrth0msen

• Members
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2013, 06:12:48 PM »
A banishment will be around 10,5 hits, 3,5 wounds before saves, which means around 1,5 wounds taken after saves

Offline Forumite

• Members
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2013, 06:15:52 PM »
I´m a bit worried about the BSB.

You can always pick yourself which wizard to dispel with, or even let the army dispel instead. About that fireball, his casting value was just 3, so it doesn´t matter who dispels, the only thing that matter is is we roll 3 or more on the one die. Letting the army dispel with 1DD might have been worth it. Then again, the really dangerous spells come now.

Offline rothgar13

• Members
  • Steam Tank Engineer
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2013, 06:47:13 PM »
I'm not - he's within range of the DP's Ld bubble and has +1 static res. Even if he loses by 2 or so, that's still a mighty good chance to stick.

Offline Forumite

• Members
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2013, 07:35:02 PM »
Oh, I´m not worried about him breaking, I´m worried about him dying. 6 attacks at 4+ to hit, 2+ to wound, saves are 6+ and 4++, I think. On average we´ll take one wound, not good.

Offline zifnab0

• Members
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2013, 07:43:31 PM »
Oh, I´m not worried about him breaking, I´m worried about him dying. 6 attacks at 4+ to hit, 2+ to wound, saves are 6+ and 4++, I think. On average we´ll take one wound, not good.
They're knights at S5.  Only -2 armor save and they wound on 3+.  They will also have to test for Fear (thanks Disc).

Chaos armor - 4+
Enchanted Shield - 2+
Mounted - 1+

Talisman of Preservation - 4++
Mark of Tzeentch - 3++
Third eye of Tzeentch - Reroll 1s

Saving on 3+/3++ rerolling 1's on the ward save.

I think he's going to be just fine.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 07:45:53 PM by zifnab0 »

Offline rothgar13

• Members
  • Steam Tank Engineer
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2013, 09:37:42 PM »
See above - that's a Tzeentch Exalted Hero we're talking about here. That means 1+, 3++ re-rolling the 1s. S5 Knight attacks won't do squat to him.

Offline TCWarroom

• Members
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2013, 09:47:12 PM »
That BSB is solid and will hold. He will not take a wound and should kill 1 or 2 at strength 7.

I have plus to magic res because I stayed within 6 of the tower so my armor will be 3+, ws 3+

Offline TCWarroom

• Members
« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2013, 04:15:38 AM »
Time to ramp it up. Where do you guys wanna start. I got my game plan, suggestions?

Offline grifter

• Members
« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2013, 07:53:37 AM »
Wow, that went really nicely...

My suggestions:
WH1 moves in front of the Knights to keep them away.
Chariot1 charges the Outriders; if it doesn´t make it it´s at least in a good position for next turn.
WH2 gets into the STank´s grill (literally, I suppose) to block it from pivoting next turn.
NW and CK move up.
BSB chases the Archers, redirecting into bunker as suggested.
Chimera goes for the Outriders as suggested.
DP moves towards centre to support NW and CK.
WH3 +WH4 chases after Archers.
Chariot2 moves to where the DP is now.

What do you guys think?