home

Author Topic: Kislev!  (Read 28852 times)

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
Kislev!
« on: May 13, 2009, 05:52:57 PM »
Well, we all want Kislev back, don't we ;)

I'd keep the rules the same, with the following changes:

- Kislev kossars and boyars are armed with axes (+1 Str)

- A Boyar may not take a handgun or a pistol

- A boyar costs 60 points

Any other suggestions?
Hello Athiuen and welcome to the Back Table.

caveat lector
I killed a duck with a spear, can't read train timetables though
"To be is to do"-Socrates;
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline Inarticulate

• Members
Re: Kislev!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 06:49:40 PM »
Sorry, i'm not a fan of Kislev.

That kingdom surely must be torn apart by now, how many times has Praag been utterly destroyed?

If you want Kislev, i think, then with certain tweaks that we're discussing, there'd be scope to make them.
I for one welcome our new flying cat overlords.

Offline steveb

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 02:33:26 AM »
a larger variety of mounted troops and foot, boyar was only supposed to be used when Kislev was used as an ally in an empire army. But I like the figure/stats. witches, wizards, priests, heros all need to be added. I keep hoping that Kislev will be revived and upgraded. steveb

Offline fauthsie

• Members
  • Animosity Team GM
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 02:45:38 PM »
Tweeking of the Wing Lancer/Gryphon Legion's Glorious Charge rule to cause fear on the charge not panic...
A new Campaigning home....

http://animositycampaigns.com/joomla

FAUTHSIE CAMPAIGN CONSULTING INC.... I MAKE YOUR CAMPAIGN GO!!!

Offline Mr.Carloff

• Members
  • The haughty adventurer.
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 04:28:18 PM »

Any other suggestions?
Hello Obi. My suggestions are a Boyar costs should be a 65-70 pst. He got Stubborn.

"... Fear not the Steam Tank or Hochland long rifle, for the roaring drunk halberdiers are more dangerous, and infinitely more common - in all sense of the word."
- Sir Gilbert de Arnaud, "Letters Ho

Offline fauthsie

• Members
  • Animosity Team GM
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 05:10:16 PM »
Kossar get Light Armour....

As mentioned Winged Lancers/ Gryphon Legion cause fear on the charge instead of panic...I wouldn't mind seeing some slightly different rules/stats to differentiate between Lancers and Legion

Shield option for Ungol Horse archers

Any other suggestions?

So are you just suggesting the Kislev axes are inessances Halberds instead of GW? I have no problem with the pistols or handgun, it would be a sign of status to having a firearm instead of a bow. I would put the Boyar at 65 points like Mr Carloff said

Offline horus500

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 12:01:42 AM »
I'd rather see Winged lancers and Gryphon legion just given the ability to reform after moving like Fast cav but with no other abilities. Gryphon Legion would remain S4. Otherwise reduce the point values to 19pts each for winged lancers and 21 for gryphon Legion. Fast cav need shields and a spear option.
Ideally I'd like ice magic for Kislev wizards, War wagons, a few more infantry types and mobile cannon like the DoW Galloping guns.

Offline Markw

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 09:31:55 AM »
I think Kislev should be reintroduced. They look great. However, Id love to see our knights gain from a similar detachment system using Knight blocks with light cav as support - ie Kislev.

Offline Castozor

• Members
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2009, 09:04:52 PM »
I would personally like to see warrior-priests of Ursun, with their own kind of prayers and rules. No hatred or crush the weak, but something unique. Perhaps a boost which goes lost if the priest, or the unit he is with, flees.

And some plastics would be nice to see. That way I can add them to my (very) slowly growing army of the Ostermark.

Castozor

Offline MagicJuggler

• Members
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 12:07:00 AM »
Personally, I am of the school that says every old world nation would be better off having their own armylist, rather than having to field them in another army. I mean, I know that Kislevites used to be Imperial in 5th-edition, but surely one can give them enough unique units to make them their own crazy faction...I remember an exceprt from Beasts in Velvet that the Red Star Kislevite Underground had radical ideas about worker ownership of the means of producton...The Empire wields a hammer, Kislevite wields a...sickle?

At any rate, we would have Kislevite Strelets, who have halberds and handguns; this combo provides a +1 to-hit bonus due to the bardiches being usable as gunrests. The unit has the option to carry a Gulai-Gorod, a movable fortress which prevents marching but allows the unit to be treated as being in hard-cover.

I could see them also having fear-causing light cavalry with flails ("Oprichinki"), their Kossars and Winged Lancers as normal, some variant of a war wagon...

As for casters, there are the ice mages of course, perhaps some sort of shamanic human that could use hallucinogenic mushrooms, maybe a melee hero with some minor spellcasting ability; alternately, a Baba Yaga-inspired witch in a flying mortar-and-pestle (or Terror-causing hut with legs)...

Offline burad

• Members
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2009, 02:44:33 AM »
Sorry, i just noticed this thread.
I'd like to add, Realm of the Ice Queen has some things in it some have already touched on, and a few more that could be mentioned:
1. There are at least two official units of firearm infantry, with handgun/ arquebus and berdishe axe.  Probably more, since they have a school to train such troops.
2. They have quite a few cannons; and they tend to build lighter cannons than the Empire.  The several ideas for gallopers or urugans would fit with what's been said about Kislev artillery technology. 
3. There are some knights, but not a lot, scattered about Kislev.  The Order of the Winter Sun seems to be one such choice available.

There are several good recently developed army lists out there.
I think a couple of them are good enough that in closing I'll say that the next army I build will be Kislev, just 'cause i really like how they might look. Even if i have to scratchbuild/kitbash most of it.

Offline scarletsquig

• Members
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2009, 03:58:08 AM »
Kislevite kitbashing should hopefully see a revival now that the new archer box has 10 perfect kislevite heads in there. :)

Offline Derek Contyre

• Members
  • Duke of Nueremburg
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2009, 10:46:30 AM »
I think Kislev should get their own army book, which can work like the allies system in 40k.
You know, the Kislevite list is normal but you may take any empire core unit as special and any special as rare type of deal.

And maybe give is it gryphon legion? cause terror on the charge instead of what is it now? panic or fear?
And 21pts for cavalry with s6 on charge? give me please. . . no more Empire knights for me.
A man who builds his army around his fluff . . . respect . . .  :::cheers:::

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2009, 12:21:34 AM »
And maybe give is it gryphon legion? cause terror on the charge instead of what is it now? panic or fear?
And 21pts for cavalry with s6 on charge? give me please. . . no more Empire knights for me.

Its panic. Which has much the same affect as Terror - fleeing from them.

And they are 26pts per model - not 21.

Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Derek Contyre

• Members
  • Duke of Nueremburg
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2009, 11:28:22 AM »
Yeah panic is good but there are so many things ignorant(immune) of panic nowadays.

Offline vonhazey

• Members
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2009, 01:04:52 AM »
Just got back into the hobby why has Kislev been dropped?, I couldn't find anything on the games workshop website, same with dogs of war, I always liked them as it gave you something different to toy with.

Offline Empireguard

• Members
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2009, 03:37:41 AM »
Well dogs of war is still technically legal however is so out of date its has a lot of issue with changes in editions, you can still buy some of the models. Same with Chaos dwarfs they are still technically legal just really out of date and they don’t sell minis for them.

Kislev well I don’t know they just stopped perhaps they just didn’t make much money.
Please help create a comprehensive data base of every Wargaming model ever made by clicking here.

Offline Inarticulate

• Members
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2009, 09:06:31 AM »
As a DoW player, I suffer my fair share of defeats. But I make up for it with good humour and some cool fluff.

Though, now I've started playing the updated rules from dogsofwaronline which they are attempting to get passed for review for the Indy Grand Tournies.
I for one welcome our new flying cat overlords.

Offline Kiwichris

• Members
  • Go the black & white!
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2009, 03:17:46 AM »
Kislev well I don’t know they just stopped perhaps they just didn’t make much money.

Last time I heard the Kislev allies contingent that came out just before the Storm of Chaos is still legal, I just can't remember if it was only if they were used solo or that they had to be allied to another army...

As for making money (which is all GW are interested in nowdays, god how I miss 5th and 6th eds.) I would have thought they would make money out of them. I as well as the 90% majority of all the Empire players i've ever met would buy Kislev stuff if it was still sold in stores or on their website. Even those who don't want a Kislev army would stiil buy them for their Empire stuff. I've seen Kossars and Tzar Boris' used in Middenheimer, Ostermark and Ostland armies.

Offline Derek Contyre

• Members
  • Duke of Nueremburg
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2009, 11:47:42 AM »
There are two armies I would play instantly if they were released.  . . Kislev and Araby.

Offline fauthsie

• Members
  • Animosity Team GM
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2009, 11:26:13 PM »
So lets make our own book.... ;)

Offline Derek Contyre

• Members
  • Duke of Nueremburg
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2009, 09:52:10 AM »
Done and done fauthsie!

Offline fauthsie

• Members
  • Animosity Team GM
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2009, 07:54:35 PM »
I've been kicking around ideas of what to do after A4.... a kislev book is one of many things on my long to do list...

Offline Derek Contyre

• Members
  • Duke of Nueremburg
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2009, 08:16:38 AM »
sweet
 I'll help you with playtesting. . .
If i can help with the rules, I can help playtest them.  :happy:

Offline Hendrid

• Members
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2010, 07:31:20 PM »
So lets make our own book.... ;)

There's already several versions of Kislev Army Lists kicking about on the web, several of them fairly similar and pretty good.

I don't understand why GW dropped the Kislev thing, I suppose because of lack of sales, or maybe too many humie armies. But there's always plenty of interest in all things Kislev on W-E.com and if anything goes up on ebay it always goes/sells very well with lots of interest.

I for one would love to see a revamped official list with new models to suit, but I won't hold my breath.