home

Author Topic: 500- Border Patrol Force  (Read 1295 times)

Offline Gooner

• Members
500- Border Patrol Force
« on: February 16, 2005, 05:19:44 PM »
Right! Well next week im playing a few border patrol games witha few games and would like you all to see the army that i may be using! Please leave any opinions you may have of the army....

Battle Wizard
Mounted on Barded Steed
Level 2
Wizards Staff (so he can use all of his power dice each turn)
---124---
Knightly Orders - 6
Full Command
Inner Circle
---196---
Handgunners - 10
---80---
Pistoliers - 5
---95---

Total ---495---
Arsenal Rulez, Empire Rulez and I rulez

Offline Gooner

• Members
500- Border Patrol Force
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 06:23:20 PM »
Come on People!!
Arsenal Rulez, Empire Rulez and I rulez

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
500- Border Patrol Force
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 09:16:30 PM »
Are you expecting to play someone who's got a lot of magic power, or do you want to use it as an offensive weapon? you may be able to decrease some points on the wizard and devote them somewhere else, maybe some huntsmen.  You'd probably need to free up more points that way though, and the only thing I really see going is the IC capability of the knights.  I guess it all depends on your strategy.  But the idea of a quick moving border patrol is cool. :-D   Good luck.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Swartzgraf

• Members
500- Border Patrol Force
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2005, 01:04:03 AM »
With Level 2 you can use three dice so wizards staff is not needed unless you want to throw all four dice you generate on one spell.  You are going to run out of units that can hold quarters, an objective in few games.  With handgunners is where I think you are putting mage?  Need to give some thought to where you put your general as he can be and objective as well.  I would go for a few more cheaper units, a unit of infantry with a detachment of milita is good.  Pistollers rule at this level of points as well. Huntsmen can cause fits as well.  Good luck but review what objectives of game are to better come up with plan.

Offline Visu

• Members
500- Border Patrol Force
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2005, 08:25:03 PM »
Scwartzgraf's got a good point - why is your Wiz on a barded warhorse?  Is he going to be running with the IC Knights?  If so, why?  What lores are you thinking about using, too?
   I think that in a 500-point game, the Empire can actually field a strong (for the points size) magical presence.  But the trick there is the Rod of Power, not the Wizards Staff.  So look into that.  Otherwise, your list has good potential.  Get that Wiz off his horse, though.
Oh, I just noticed that your Knights have Full Command.  This is probably a bad idea.  I would lose the banner - it's probably just going to give away victory points.
-Visu

Offline Zeffid

• Members
500- Border Patrol Force
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2005, 11:29:06 PM »
IMO Empire doesn't need magic at all in Border Patrol.
It's just to few of it, and also to few targets for a Comet for example.

Still takin' lore of fire you have a decent chance of getting a good spell (2d6 st4 and Conflagration) that may affect the game.

PS. Ld 7 is Crap.

But the trick there is the Rod of Power, not the Wizards Staff. So look into that. Otherwise, your list has good potential. Get that Wiz off his horse, though.

Isn't a 125 point limit in use? RoP doesn't fit in.
Stand to the last man, ork, elf, whatever...