home

Author Topic: 100 Days of Hobby 2020 ...  (Read 71245 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: 100 Days of Hobby 2020 ...
« Reply #925 on: August 05, 2020, 05:03:46 AM »
Tonight's painting included redoing some green on mounted crossbowmen's pants, painting green on their blanket rolls on their horses, and black washing the gray horse blankets.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #926 on: August 05, 2020, 05:06:21 AM »
Updating ...

Monday ... Day 95

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Padre, Gankom, GP, Rowsdower, Artoban, Realjuan, Mids

5 Days Per Week ... Zygmund

3 Days Per Week ... SKS, Novogord

(Those reporting in are bolded.)

Tuesday ... Day 96

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Padre, Artoban, Gankom, GP, Rowsdower, Realjuan, Mids

Wednesday ... Day 97

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Artoban, Padre, Gankom, GP, Rowsdower, Realjuan, Mids

« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 12:16:04 AM by GamesPoet »

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #927 on: August 05, 2020, 01:07:42 PM »
I don't think I can finish the 'ultimate' panzer 2 by day 100
I didn't get much done today. I would have finished that Howling Griffon captain if it weren't for that disappearing arm of his

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #928 on: August 05, 2020, 01:19:42 PM »
No big deal on not getting something finished by Saturday, life goes on.  My plan is to do some painting of something each of the remaining days till then, and what ever happens, happens.

Updated above. :::cheers:::

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #929 on: August 05, 2020, 11:55:53 PM »
Day 97 - ballista and crew done except for the last bits of basing.

😺
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 12:17:40 AM by Artobans Ghost »
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #930 on: August 06, 2020, 12:16:21 AM »
Updated above. :::cheers:::

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #931 on: August 06, 2020, 02:31:19 AM »
Wednesday, no model building for today. Took a break and worked on my Rogue Trader RPG stuff instead. Its been running for about 3 years now and been a great way to spend hobby time.

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #932 on: August 06, 2020, 10:52:51 AM »
Almost there

Week 13
July 24th:
-Painted some more on the Foetid Bloat Drone
July 25th:
-After grabbing my 9th edition stuff early in the morning at the store I had some nice reading done in the books
July 26th:
-Made our (me and Benthe) crusade armies on paper and had loads of fun coming up with names for them
-Played our first little skirmish in 9th, with just 1 psyker and 1 troop choice unit, so we could get a hang of the new rules and to let Benthe get familiar with her Primaris Librarian
July 27th:
-Did a first draft of a 2k 9th ed list for my T'au
-Finished my 2nd Foetid Bloat Drone
-Did a little more work on the Intercessors
July 30th:
-More work done on the Intercessors

Week 14
July 31st:
-Hobbied together with Benthe most of this evening, she painted some bases of the Librarian and the 2nd squad of Intercessors while I was painting up the green layer color on the first squad of Intercessors
August 1st:
-Made use of my new Lightbox to make pictures and made up my blogpost, come to think of it I did not post pictures of the new lightbox, nor my cabinets!
August 3rd:
-More work done on the Intercessors
August 4th:
-Made more progress on the Intercessors in about an hour I had spare
-Played a 9th ed game 2k points on the club with special 1,5 meter setup, and won with 44 points versus about 33, it was all about points denial versus the space marines
August 5th:
-Almost done with the Intercessors, just need to finish painting the bases, Iron-crust/-earth is already applied
-Already started with the Captain putting a base color down
-Started with 1 Intercessor of the 2nd squad to experiment with a new way of applying the green, which looks promising already on the time investment front
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #933 on: August 06, 2020, 11:17:10 AM »
Updating ...

Wednesday ... Day 97

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Artoban, Gankom, GP, Rowsdower, Padre, Realjuan, Mids

Today ...

Thursday ... Day 98

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Rowsdower, Artoban, Padre, Gankom, GP, Realjuan, Mids

« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 11:48:24 AM by GamesPoet »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #934 on: August 06, 2020, 11:37:21 AM »
Last night I managed to do some more painting on the horses for my mounted crossbowmen.  Then I made a call to the last lady friend. It went negative, and so glad I got the painting in first. :icon_lol:

- - -

After last week's posting on this relational topic, it had been arranged for us to get together last Saturday evening.  As the hour of my departure for her place got close, I contacted with confirmation, and found out we'd have limited time to chat since her parents were coming over after dinner.  That was a red flag to me.  So I wrote back and explained that what ever was important with her family was valuable, and I didn't want to feel rushed with our conversation.  She questioned this, and I politely repeated myself to include we could catch up on the other side.  Texting these last few days has been congenial, although my call to her last night wasn't.  I initiated asking her about how I'd been connecting the dots of our last dinner, last Wed's comments to me, and what happened last Sat, and wanted to know if she was still interested in growing the relationship.  That was when she mentioned to do so only as friends.  I asked what had changed since the texting from week ago, and of course never got an answer to that during the rest of the phone call.  She proceeded to question what I was saying (not surprising), and I read the texting out loud so she could see my meaning and her lack of credibility from her own words.  She then proceeded to deny her actions and comments from the last 5 months, yet each step of the way I called her hand.  None of what she was saying was adding up.  Towards the very end she made a statement about her having not done anything wrong, and then I explained that I was not interested in having a relationship of any kind with her when she was not taking responsibility for her own feelings and actions, and I wished her best of good fortune to close the conversation down, and that succeeded.  A complete wow, and I am much better off for seeing this happen now than later.  So glad I didn't make the trip last weekend, for it is now certain that she had no intention of being positive in our conversation that had been planned.

And where is the email address and phone of that lady who asked me to take dance lessons with her recently?

(GP ... go slow, don't jump from one to the next too quickly.)

Yes, yes, and that gives me time to find that email address and phone number. :icon_wink:

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #935 on: August 06, 2020, 11:46:17 AM »
Today I base coated half a Death guard terminator [I don't know where his other half is]
Undercoated 2 Howling griffons
Undercoated the top half of the 'ultimate' panzer 2
And tidied up a few other things.
I also found a copy of the Sigmar novel at a charity store

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #936 on: August 06, 2020, 11:48:55 AM »
Sounds like a fun day!  And updated above. :::cheers:::

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #937 on: August 06, 2020, 03:10:25 PM »
GP nothing wrong with just dance lessons! ;)
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #938 on: August 06, 2020, 03:15:18 PM »
 :icon_lol:  Very true, thanks for your support.  :::cheers:::
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 08:18:32 PM by GamesPoet »

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #939 on: August 06, 2020, 07:59:49 PM »
GP nothing wrong with just dance lessons! ;)

Well he does seem to have a problem with the "horizontal tango" ... ... ... ...  :engel:

:biggriin:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #940 on: August 06, 2020, 08:19:32 PM »
Oh Midaski. You've not only let yourself down, and the forum down, but very probably, made GP feel down too!
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #941 on: August 06, 2020, 08:28:57 PM »
Day 98 - celibate ballista done. Not very happy about them but if they kill a few gobbo’s, I might return to them.

Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #942 on: August 06, 2020, 08:56:35 PM »
Pretty much done with the fort. Here's a shot of the main bastion (which is meant to be a timber-lined earth mound) from a different angle, showing the ramp the artillery pieces can be hauled up ...

I had one last funny shaped off cut, so I turned it into a stepped piece to connect the earthen walls with some fortified-camp previous scenery bits I had made ...

Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #943 on: August 06, 2020, 09:09:28 PM »
Oh Midaski. You've not only let yourself down, and the forum down, but very probably, made GP feel down too!

... and straight after your post Artoban talks about 'celibate' ballistas - what are they then?

If the missile hits you, you're NOT f**ked?     :closed-eyes:

:biggriin: :biggriin:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #944 on: August 06, 2020, 09:12:41 PM »
Awesome! ☝️
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #945 on: August 06, 2020, 09:47:28 PM »
Padre, that fort is a great project, nicely executed.  :eusa_clap: But what is it made of?

GP, end of relationship is painful, but you seem to have handled it with grace. Keep cool & honest to your emotions, take your time. Good things will follow.

My hobby stuff:

Wed Aug 5 - Half cleaned the hobby table & rearranged my paints. Worked some on three bases.

Thu Aug 6 - Rearranged the minis waiting for paint. Arranged photos of extra minis to sell. (6th ed starter box Orcs & Empire, if you happen to fancy any.)

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #946 on: August 06, 2020, 10:19:27 PM »
Much of the already existing bits are a plastic fort (Renedra) but the main triangular artillery bastion is made from the chopped up base of a wooden 1:32nd scale (i.e. 54 mm) Airfix WW2 Japanese building I have had since the 70s !!!!! I just used cardboard, foamboard, milliput, tape and glue to shape it, after cutting it up (as well as my thumb) to the right shape. I got the idea when I saw the log effect was very similar in scale to the logs of then Renedra fort!

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #947 on: August 06, 2020, 10:24:44 PM »

... and straight after your post Artoban talks about 'celibate' ballistas - what are they then?

If the missile hits you, you're NOT f**ked?     :closed-eyes:

:biggriin: :biggriin:

Wait! WHAT?

Haha haha that was crazy syncronistic 😺

I will not even edit that just because.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #948 on: August 06, 2020, 10:26:19 PM »
Padre ... I'm ok, and hope you are too.

Besides, Midaski has unfortunately been absent from this thread since June 25th, and good to see him back. :icon_wink:

(Ouch GP.)

>Well ... I went back and edited it for a much less than the original ooomphful retort.<

That other comment that has been deleted, must be some of my leftover attitude from my call last night with that less than lady like approach used towards me by this last tango dancer, who clearly had more issues than anything to do with "horizontal tango".  And besides, no one is going to call Midaski lady like.

(GP ... two in a row?)

Nah, the second one is complimentary.  I'm sure he'll get it. :icon_cool:
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 11:20:10 PM by GamesPoet »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #949 on: August 06, 2020, 10:44:34 PM »
Updating ...

Wednesday ... Day 97

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Artoban, Gankom, GP, Rowsdower, Padre, Realjuan, Mids

Today ...

Thursday ... Day 98

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Rowsdower, Artoban, Padre, Gankom, GP, Realjuan, Mids

« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 12:17:58 PM by GamesPoet »