home

Author Topic: Foreign Ministry  (Read 65435 times)

Offline Veldemere

• Members
Re: Foreign Ministry
« Reply #400 on: May 30, 2007, 08:29:06 AM »
Is there any need to poll this to make it official? It seems we are all broadly in agreement, not sure how much will happen to Marienberg anyway, for 2 reasons. Firstly it is not in the contested area for the campaign, secondly if GW does eventually make (remake) the naval battle rules they will want an 'independent' port to fight round. Just my thoughts though. I would agree to the NAP and would not take much persuasion to sign a full treaty
Veldemere, Elector Count of Solland (Elect)
Quote from: wissenlander
  I'm fine with Veldemere and his retinue of disgruntled's

Offline Ostermarker

• Members
« Reply #401 on: May 30, 2007, 09:23:37 AM »
Although I'm for the siege of Marienburg, I agree with Veldemere, it i highly unlikely GW would allow Marienburg to be taken, what we can do is mention that the soldiers are still tired from a forced march from the siege, and hope that it is mentioned in the sum-up.
So, Ostmarkers wear purple, but it's manly purple, not like that Bretonnian purple.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #402 on: May 30, 2007, 12:55:07 PM »
I agree.  I think the main thing the Brets wanted was the Marches though, and not really going to mess with Marienburg (at least right now).  If we didn't want to help out, it would be ok, as long as we promised not to interfere with their plans.  Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I gathered.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Lathaine

• Members
« Reply #403 on: May 30, 2007, 03:48:07 PM »
At the Bret council it was decided we would take the Marches and leave the city be for now. However, what you could do is attack the Wastelands while we take the Marches to take back territory. We won't take the city because I doubt GW would allow it and Marienburg shattered a major VC army sieging it and I doubt we'll have that many forces given the search for the crown. However, taking all that hinterland form the city and leaving them just the river and city sounds like something GW might allow especially given the Bret need for land.

Although it has occurred to me we could mention how we will siege the city after the campaign to finish our efforts in our fluff.

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
  • ^My Pic - Stuff I say ->
« Reply #404 on: May 30, 2007, 04:56:01 PM »
At the Bret council it was decided we would take the Marches and leave the city be for now. However, what you could do is attack the Wastelands while we take the Marches to take back territory. We won't take the city because I doubt GW would allow it and Marienburg shattered a major VC army sieging it and I doubt we'll have that many forces given the search for the crown. However, taking all that hinterland form the city and leaving them just the river and city sounds like something GW might allow especially given the Bret need for land.

Although it has occurred to me we could mention how we will siege the city after the campaign to finish our efforts in our fluff.
Shouldn't be hard for us to do sieging...

*ring* *ring*
"Hello, this is nulns battery service, makers of the finest cannon batteries around, how may I direct your call"
"Hey, this is the Emperor, I need 200 cannons delivered to the mouth of the reik pronto"
"One moment please"
*Annoying hold music* 
"Ok, they should be there by friday"

Or something like that
Long time Wood Elf and Empire player with newly acquired High Elves

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #405 on: May 30, 2007, 04:57:19 PM »
God bless Nuln.
I'm in college!

Offline clausewitz

• Members
« Reply #406 on: May 30, 2007, 05:36:22 PM »
I think we are over estimating the manufacturing output of Nuln somewhat.  :lol:

More like -

"Ok, they should be ready for your grandson's reign as Emperor"

Moving back on topic..

I am in agreement with the NAP and Marches agreement with the Bretonnians.  I would also be quite happy to agree places that are on the map for the Brets to defend and subsequently have their best knights be given as a dual-feifdom to rule.

Since those places are actually on the map I think the Brets have a better chance of actually getting some of these (assuming their win ratios meet GWs criteria for sucess).  Both sides can actually mention this in reports, while the Marches and so on can't really be referred to much.  Of course if the Bret council prefers to (IMO) gamble on GWs stances on the Marches, Marienburg etc that is their perogative.
I fought in the NC war.. and all I got was this lousy sig...

Offline Otaku

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #407 on: May 31, 2007, 06:06:41 PM »
I also don't expect GW to change anything with Marienburg but if its in the Brettonian fluff I think it should be in ours as well just in case. And since GW set themselves up for having to redraw maps (Brettonia needs new land from somewhere) than we must consider it at least a possibility. And Id rather the Bretts get Marianburger land then Empire land.  So lets give their advance on the Marches  at least a mention in our fluff saying we support it rather than giving up our own land.

Offline Jerok

• Members
  • Captain Campaign
« Reply #408 on: June 01, 2007, 12:24:50 AM »
Alright... this is getting WAY to hectic.

I'm going to instill some rules right NOW for this thread.

1) No one posts until someone from the original people in the thread (that means Wissenlander and Dendo, and FVC for the Bretts) message me a full avvount of what is being discussed at this moment. All of the terms and asking-fors.

2) Right now we are NOT open to alliances with anyone other than the Bretts. This is because all of our former partners have turned away from us other than our fellow man.
2a) IF we are approached by the HIGH or WOOD Elves we may speak with them, as they are possibilities and for the most part were civil with us
2b) We will NOT under any circumstance being allying with the Dwarfs. They have treated us disrespectfully and have allied themselves with dangerous counterparts. Note: This is only for the duration of the Campaign, we may or may not work with them in the future.

3) Keep this thread completly on topic. Any more posts about silly ideas or 'that shouldn't be to hard' things will be deleted.

Offline Davros

• Members
« Reply #409 on: June 07, 2007, 10:55:32 AM »
As regard to NAPs  etc . I am in agreement in theory . Has there been  anymore official fluff from GW regarding reaction from the Bretts , Dwarfs etc . on the NC website yet ?  Or all this discussion is just  'what if ' before the site goes live on the 25/6/07 ? It is all very compelling but surely we should wait for the site to go live and see what results are posted for the various regions from the different races and the cordinate a response ie NAPs, battles , fluff etc . But I have been very impressed with all the discourse so far on this subject, much better than I could ever do  .

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #410 on: June 07, 2007, 01:38:19 PM »
Nothing more has been leaked about fluff.  I don't think there will be anything else until the campaign opens, or at least until official registration starts which is 2 days before hand. 

We can't really wait for discussions until that point because it has taken us well near a month to get where we are at.  To hash out agreements in two days time would be impossible.  I believe that the easiest thing to agree upon was an alliance with the Brets but it got complicated quickly (and I understand the reasoning, so no attacks on anyone).

NAPs will only work in fluff regards.  The campaign is set up to where we can't really help one another.  Whoever has the most wins in the end will control the region and bring you closer to the crown. 

So basically the Dwarfs were telling us (whether they knew it or not) to throw our games so they could grab the crown.  Sorry, a little tangent there.

The fact that GW has stated that they're letting players dictate the fluff means we do have some flexibility in what we can do.  This is where we can make the alliances and agree to support one another.  Basically we do have a NAP with just about every good race, but they're strained in my opinion.  The only solid NAP is with the Brets.

not together.

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
  • ^My Pic - Stuff I say ->
« Reply #411 on: June 07, 2007, 03:16:54 PM »
So. Basically we are nearly allied with Bretonnia. Wood and High Elves (while unlikely) still remain open, but only if they approach us (and like I said unlikely IMO)

What happened to Lizardmen. Are we still open for negotiations from the Lizardmen, or did that break down to?

All others are a no-go

Just making sure i got some of this right (damn politics...)
Long time Wood Elf and Empire player with newly acquired High Elves

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #412 on: June 07, 2007, 03:20:18 PM »
You've basically hit it, Wyzer.  With the receptions that we got from both sets of good elves, it's up to them to make the next move.  I was hoping that we might be able to work something out with the High Elves, but at most a promise to stay away from each other for as long as possible seems the only outcome, at least right now.

The Lizards haven't been out to play for a while.  Our talks are still open, but they don't have an active rep that will talk with us.  Most of the talk in that thread has between our own members trying to figure out if we want it and what would we want to offer.

not together.

Offline Davros

• Members
« Reply #413 on: June 07, 2007, 03:31:52 PM »
Thanks  wissenlander that has cleared up some confusion for me .

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #414 on: June 07, 2007, 03:32:59 PM »
The Lizardmen envoy will return to us.  You know how the Slann work, heheh.
I'm in college!

Offline clausewitz

• Members
« Reply #415 on: June 07, 2007, 10:08:33 PM »
The Lizardmen envoy will return to us.  You know how the Slann work, heheh.
That's just it... we don't know how they work!  :-)

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #416 on: June 08, 2007, 11:15:22 AM »
Just a point of note from the Dwarven forum, there is a discussion about forming a 'Council' to oversee destroying the crown, this will be made up of friendly races....hmmmm......

They say the clear difference is that they are only looking to destroy it. They will be studying how to destroy it, wonder if we will get an invite?

Perhaps they are not as disimilar as first thought, from our mouths to their forum!
Veldemere, Elector Count of Solland (Elect)
Quote from: wissenlander
  I'm fine with Veldemere and his retinue of disgruntled's

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #417 on: June 08, 2007, 11:28:18 AM »
Yeah, ditto that Veldemere.

Nice to see our idea got snatched up by someone else.

not together.

Offline clausewitz

• Members
« Reply #418 on: June 08, 2007, 01:31:10 PM »
In case you missed it Veldemere: Giladis (the HE ambassador) mentioned that the Council of the Wise and Powerful* would not be inviting the Empire to send representative(s).

(*as oppossed to our Council of the Wise)

The dwarfs are going well off the track of GW fluff IMO..

Now, dust rises over the Old Dwarf Road as a vast throng of Dwarfs marches to war, determined to stop those who would meddle in Dwarf business.
But with half the world tagging along to see what they do...

Thorgrim seeks to recover the Nemesis Crown and lock it away deep beneath Karaz-a-Karak.
Where apparently High Elfs, Slann and Ogres will study how to destroy it..

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #419 on: June 08, 2007, 04:23:13 PM »
This makes the behaviour of the dwarfs at Bugman's even worse. They have argued that they are so aggressive since the GW fluff requires it, but now they are abandoning the fluff at the first opportunity. Weird, isn't it?

As to the council idea - they say envy is the greatest form of respect. Or getting copied.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #420 on: June 08, 2007, 04:25:17 PM »
Well, at least they're sticking by the 'Empire attacked them first' fluff. :roll:

not together.

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #421 on: June 08, 2007, 04:39:16 PM »
Then our choice is clear.

School the Dwarfs on what it means to be Oath Breakers.  Shove whatever sharp objects you can into any beardy face you encounter.  Seek out and destroy any Dwarfen army you find in your local game store or other venue of battle.*

Kick the Dwafs' asses.

*Remember, do NOT reflect any actions against Dwarfs or High Elves in fluff.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 12:36:31 AM by Dendo Star »
I'm in college!

Offline clausewitz

• Members
« Reply #422 on: June 08, 2007, 09:44:38 PM »
This makes the behaviour of the dwarfs at Bugman's even worse. They have argued that they are so aggressive since the GW fluff requires it, but now they are abandoning the fluff at the first opportunity. Weird, isn't it?

As to the council idea - they say envy is the greatest form of respect. Or getting copied.

Indeed the dwarfs have done a few puzzling things in relation to this crown.  Is this actual evidence of the Nemesis Crown's evil power?  :-o

IMO they are taking a big risk.  By writing fluff that clashes with GW's plans they risk being vetoed by the powers that be.

Offline Patch

• Members
  • What would Chuck Norris do?
« Reply #423 on: June 13, 2007, 10:29:26 AM »
Is this actual evidence of the Nemesis Crown's evil power?  :-o

IMO they are taking a big risk.  By writing fluff that clashes with GW's plans they risk being vetoed by the powers that be.
Darned things made of warpstone - even our best wizards won't touch that stuff without the REALLY thick gauntlets and the REALLY long tongs, and the dwarfs make it so they can stick it on your HEAD? Does not sound like a good idea to me.
The (less than) triumphant return...

Offline clausewitz

• Members
« Reply #424 on: June 13, 2007, 03:30:43 PM »
Is this actual evidence of the Nemesis Crown's evil power?  :-o

Darned things made of warpstone - even our best wizards won't touch that stuff without the REALLY thick gauntlets and the REALLY long tongs, and the dwarfs make it so they can stick it on your HEAD? Does not sound like a good idea to me.

Some people would make reference to the thickness of dwarf skulls/heads..

I wouldn't of course... because thickskull was in bloodbowl  :-)