home

Author Topic: Moriar's Nuln Army  (Read 36486 times)

Offline Moriar

• Members
    • http://www.facebook.com/martindahl2
Moriar's Nuln Army
« on: August 03, 2008, 08:35:34 PM »
And so it comes to this! Ive been wanting to post my army here for a long time, but as we all know: Doing stuff takes time. My army is about 6000 points atm. Alot of it isnt done yet even tho i started this army 5 years ago. I just got too much going on at the same time. In between ive also done an Imperial Guard army of about 3k points and about 1k of Nurgle Chaos Space Marines. Yes i know 40k is heresy!

This is actually my 3rd warhammer army. My first was Vampire Counts(~6k pts) 10 years ago. Next i made a Chaos Nurgle army(~5k pts). Then i really wanted some shooting so I was instantly hooked on Nuln. Remember the last page of the last Empire book!  :-o

Anyways. I'll try to keep this updated and post new stuff as it comes along. These first pictures arnt of amazing quality so ill redo them sometime with a better background colour.

Full view of the army. But hard to see anything on such a small scale.

Red Spearmen. Standard TVI formation. Main regiment with 9 Swordsmen and 5 archers and the support artillery.

Blue Swordsmen. Notice the halberds on the banner. Basically they where all reequipped with swords and shields!

Greatswords. They got lucky and have a Helstorm for support.

I loved this pair last ed. Now they dont see the field often.

Luckily ive got the old mounted wizard. A quick and easy conversion.

No army is complete without it. My Steam tank: The Graf Spree. Operated by the engineer von Zwiegers (Only Norwegians might understand the wordplay on this tho)

And the obliagtory BSB. Gotta love this model. Still WIP

My WIP altar. I wanted my AL to have a place to preach from. Ill post more pics of this later.

My General of Foot.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 08:23:18 AM by Moriar »
My Nuln army painting log
And the generals gave thanks. As the other ranks, held back the enemy tanks! For a while. -Pink Floyd

Offline monkeyboy1989

• Members
Re: Moriar's Nuln Army
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 08:39:31 PM »
Wow great stuff, I love the banners! Very impressive, how long did it take to collect and paint all that??
I'm 96% sure that every time someone fields the War Altar Games Workshop set fire to a little puppy.

Offline Lord Quiran de Lancastre

• Members
  • My idiocy knows no bounds
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 08:42:28 PM »
simply beautiful. I love that each unit has it's own color distinction, while remaining coherent within the army theme. That and I love seeing TVi armies.

Offline Your Mother

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 08:46:45 PM »
Your banners are fantastic.
I like cheese.            My Army Blog: http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=21327.0

Offline Moriar

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 08:47:13 PM »
Besides the army not beeing done yet, i painted those red spearmen 5 years ago. The BSB i bought 3 months ago. I would love to get it all finished but i just keep working on everything at the same time. Like yesterday i was halfway done with a detachment when suddenly my outrider champ cried of for a HLR. So now hes got a grey plastic gun and the detachment is still not done. :)

Damn all those small men crying for attention all at the same time. I guess thats the curse of buying new stuff before the old is done.
And the generals gave thanks. As the other ranks, held back the enemy tanks! For a while. -Pink Floyd

Offline monkeyboy1989

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 09:01:49 PM »
I guess thats the curse of buying new stuff before the old is done.

Tell me about it, last year just after the release of the new empire book I got a sudden unexpected financial boost and bought 2000 points of empire in one go, built it all and thought OH MY GOD I'm never going to paint all that, and about a month ago I picked up a paint brush and started climbing a warhammer mountain, and since then I have bought a greatsword command, a unit of knights, Kurt Helborg and Ludwig Schwartzhelm is currently on his way from ebay, I don't think I have a single finished unit. Still thats what summer holidays are for :icon_biggrin:

Hmmm maybe I should start a blog of my efforts to paint it all.

Just had another look at the steam tank very sexy!!, what's that like to build??? A lot of people say it is a pain in the arse, but it is a good model
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 09:05:33 PM by monkeyboy1989 »
I'm 96% sure that every time someone fields the War Altar Games Workshop set fire to a little puppy.

Offline Moriar

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008, 09:31:10 PM »
Its been well over a year since i put that tank together and painted it. Still not even done. Recently i changed the chimney on it for a cannon barrel and made it much shorter so it would fit in my army transport bag. Yeah its a bitch to put together. Needs alot of pinning and super glue. Besides good amount of GS. I say its really worth it tho. Its the centerpiece of my empire army, like my Zombie Dragon for my VC army.

I work every day during the so called "summer vacation". And when thats done its right back to the studies. I try to get some painting done every morning before i go to work at 12 tho.

Offline Albrecht Hexenjaeger

• Members
  • Imperial Liberal
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2008, 09:32:57 PM »
Great work man.  :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:Keep it up. It's always nice to see large fully painted armies on here.
I got my affordable healthcare. Now I need affordable miniatures.

Offline krom1415

• Members
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2008, 09:37:40 PM »
Wow, ludwig's looking a bit special, I've tried and not finished that model, this may give me the courage to try again, more close up if you get time :smile2:

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 02:08:32 AM »
I like the Greatswords banner. Very well done.

And I also like your ideas for the podium on the War Altar.

Also the weapon swaps on the mounted wizard are great.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Holland

• Members
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2008, 02:39:05 AM »
WOW I love the army man!!!

great colour scheme and nicelypainted  :eusa_clap:  :eusa_clap:  :eusa_clap:

:::cheers:::
I apologies in advances for all the thing I am about to say O_O

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2008, 02:40:58 AM »
Nice Army MAN............I love seeing huge armies all done up nicely  :::cheers:::
zak
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Ad A Dglgmut

• Members
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2008, 02:43:16 AM »

That banner stood out to me as well.  Good job at that.  Did you use decals on it?  Cause if not, you have some good freehand skills.  I like the various colors used on the feathers and such to differentiate the units, plus it helps break up the black uniforms. 

Nice to see a Nuln force also, you don't see those that often.

:eusa_clap:
Usually I have a female mage holding my Rod of Power   :-D

Offline Siberius

• Members
  • The Minotaur Cat
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2008, 03:35:01 AM »
I don't know what to comment on most. Things off the top of my head... steam tank and Ludwig... oh and the mean chunky helblasters and that wizard is snazzy too...

So much good stuff.
Quote from: PhillyT
Magic does not have nearly the same problems with power levels as magic. 

Offline Moriar

• Members
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2008, 08:23:42 AM »

That banner stood out to me as well.  Good job at that.  Did you use decals on it?  Cause if not, you have some good freehand skills.  I like the various colors used on the feathers and such to differentiate the units, plus it helps break up the black uniforms. 

Nice to see a Nuln force also, you don't see those that often.

:eusa_clap:

The GS banner is all free hand. I didnt even have a sketch to work from so i guess i was lucky on the first try :)

Offline xxadriaanxx

• Members
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2008, 05:09:11 PM »
Very lovely army there sir!
And huge  :Ohmy:
Nice painting to, is it realy good to field 3x3 detachments?
Btw whats that female on foot model, i love it! :smile2:
Keep up the good work.
a3aan

Offline Moriar

• Members
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2008, 06:31:56 PM »
3x3 is pretty standard to field here on these forums. I had been fielding detachments of 9 but in two ranks for a long time tho but the 3x3 formation just makes the frontage so much smaller and deployment and movement easier. Detachments shouldnt need ranks since thats the main regiments job. Also 9 is the least recommendable number to field since it takes three kills for a panic test. Statistically a unit of 10 crossbows or archers should kill a bit less then 3, meaning u need more then one unit to cause a panic test! Gotta love a bit of Mathammer :D

That female model is a 40k inquisitor with inferno pistol with some conversion work. The "powerstakes" at the back was modelled into a Greatsword and the promethium tanks for the pistol was removed. Im working on the same model on horseback, since i noticed just half a year ago that the new ed. of FB allows mounted models to be fielded in infantry units without beeing singled out for shooting...

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2008, 10:07:23 PM »
Engineer from Father-In-Law?  :icon_neutral:
Very nice army :eusa_clap:
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline Moriar

• Members
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2008, 07:52:12 AM »
10 Points to patsy :)

Offline Douchie

• Members
  • The Army of Eastern Stirland
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2008, 10:07:34 AM »
That is one hell of an army!!!

I just wish I had the time and patience to do so many figures.

:eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:

Offline Chris

• Members
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2008, 11:52:49 AM »
Thats a great army! Any chances of seeing more closeups?
United Army of the Empire - my WFB Empire army log

Adventure time! - random minis

Offline patsy02

• Members
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2008, 02:56:51 PM »
Hey, where do you live? If you're close to Kristiansand we might be able to have match sometime ;)

Offline Soulcaresser

• Members
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2008, 05:18:58 PM »
A very wonderfull and characterful army. I like the banners much. Great stuff!! :smile2:

Offline Moriar

• Members
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2008, 08:02:39 PM »
Thanks for all the feedback so far!
@Patsy: Sorry i live in Trondheim :/
@Chris: Ill try to get some good closeups later this week. Need to find a way to stabilize the camera first.

Since it seems alot of people liked my army ill post some more pictures. Its of the same bulk of pictures so the quality is much the same.

I hate this model so the paintjob is pretty rough. Love the hammer tho.

My converted pistoliers. These where made and painted several years ago. Got a matching unit for my red spearmen too.

My unit of green spearmen. So far its only this and the red spearmen thats truly done.

My engineers. Both got a masters degree in dust collecting. My third one aint even painted.

Blazing suns. Im still unsure how to finish of that barding, so the horsies are unfinished.

A part of my character collection. Will get some closeups of these later.

Offline patsy02

• Members
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2008, 09:07:24 PM »
That priest looks insane with the warpaint:::cheers:::