home

Author Topic: The W-E At Least 3 Days Per Week Hobby Club ...  (Read 70821 times)

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
Re: The W-E At Least 3 Days Per Week Hobby Club ...
« Reply #300 on: September 16, 2020, 03:34:52 PM »
Read the basic fluff info on the "xenos" in the 9th Edition 40K rules.

Updating ...

Starting This Week's Tally ...

1 Day ... none
2 Days ... GP
3 Days or more ... SKS

Folks can join in anytime.

There should be no fluff on Xenos. The only good they serve is target practice and must not be studied. Only destroyed.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #301 on: September 16, 2020, 04:25:17 PM »
 :icon_lol:

- - -

Da orks rule! :icon_mrgreen:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #302 on: September 17, 2020, 08:04:30 AM »
Ha! My reading last night in the 9th editon rules had the Orks on some planet being battled for 15 years by a space marine unit.

And then there was reading about the Chaos space marines, and fluff about one of them doing under a Blood Angel.

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #303 on: September 17, 2020, 08:06:42 AM »
Updating ...

Starting This Week's Tally ...

1 Day ... none
2 Days ... Novogrod
3 Days ... SKS, GP
4 Days or more ...

It is already Thursday ... only three days remain in the week! :icon_eek:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #304 on: September 18, 2020, 10:18:31 AM »
Got in some more reading of the 9th edition 40K fluff.  It has now shifted to most immediate happenings and will be reading the Indomitus Crusade stuff next.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #305 on: September 18, 2020, 12:16:14 PM »
Been so busy lately, I have been unable to do anything hobby related. 3 jobs will do that lol. Will be taking 2 weeks in October. First holidays in 5 years. We took a week off then and before that I took a week in 2009 to renovate a friends condo in west palm beach.
Forgot about that little stumble in 2016 with the heart thingy. Needed 2 months repair after the internal body electrical failure (😺)
Will try harder this weekend but we start another bathroom tomorrow morning.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #306 on: September 18, 2020, 01:15:43 PM »
Been so busy lately, I have been unable to do anything hobby related. 3 jobs will do that lol. Will be taking 2 weeks in October. First holidays in 5 years. We took a week off then and before that I took a week in 2009 to renovate a friends condo in west palm beach.
Forgot about that little stumble in 2016 with the heart thingy. Needed 2 months repair after the internal body electrical failure (😺)
Will try harder this weekend but we start another bathroom tomorrow morning.

3 jobs and no vacation in 5 years?  :icon_eek:

I'm glad with my 36 hours a week job (split in 32 and 40 hours per week so I have 1 monday per 2 weeks extra off) and getting about 4 weeks holiday per year!
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #307 on: September 18, 2020, 01:51:43 PM »
I did a day's paid work for the first time in 6 months this week! I have another two day's work next week, if the local lockdowns that have begun allow, and if my customers don't cancel.

Artobahn, you and I live very different lives!
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #308 on: September 18, 2020, 03:23:26 PM »
It does seem like worlds apart. I work for a property management/owner developer 1/2 time, run a construction company doing commercial tenant fit up and I work for an online app that has customers who hire to do handyman services, painting and flooring.
I get about 15-20 job notifications a day with the online, but that just fills in time I don’t usually have (😺). My wife and I do everything (she is a taper/jointer painter but fills in with everything else and we haven’t killed each other yet.....YET. and I drag my cousin in when things are crazy. During the lockdown, we worked for a real estate company doing virtual sales so they basically handed us the keys, a list of things and no one in site and a due date, the commercial jobs were big open non occupied areas that we traded time depending on the trades. The propert management never stops and I rarely have to deal with people. Win win situation but damn I’m tired out.

Another gem of playing the game this long. SKS has it right. Time to enjoy some of life’s meagre pleasures. If I had it to do again, there would be massive life changes
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 05:19:14 PM by Artobans Ghost »
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

• Members
« Reply #309 on: September 19, 2020, 08:43:38 AM »
Week 6
Sunday September 13th:
-After grabbing the 2 paints I needed at the store on saturday I went ahead and painted the salamander sergeants face with it, applied the transfers and put on the Ironcrust/earth and the black paint on the base to let it dry and crack for monday evening to finish off the models.
Monday September 14th:
-Finished the bases and painting the transfers for the Intercessors, calling them done (battleready)
Tuesday September 15th:
-Read through the Crusade part again of the core rule book and googled some stuff about running campaigns (goonhammer is a really nice resource I found) and noted down some ideas to start a fledgling crusade campaign with our local group here. Now to bounce some of those ideas off the ones that are joining in.
Friday September 18th:
-Did the panel lining on the 10 firewarriors, again tedious work but it's done now, maybe a little clean up here and there but the smaller brush I bought (army painter one) helped a lot to keep it cleaner then it use to be. Now I can focus on finishing touches to make them battleready
-At the same time I did some work on the support system as well, done the darker blue and also the panel lining and a bit of copper work
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 08:56:04 AM by StealthKnightSteg »

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #310 on: September 19, 2020, 01:26:46 PM »
So I read the Indomitus Crusade fluff last night and I like it! Including the Age of Witches.  :icon_biggrin: :icon_cool: :::cheers:::

This is the kind of thing that could have been done with the original Warhammer world for fantasy, instead of totally messing up the fluff to the point of complete destruction and the high fantasy strains of W:AoS.

But I digress ... the moving forward of the 40K fluff with the opening of the Rift being responded to via a crusade puts the Imperium on the offensive in a situation where Chaos is on the verge of destroying things badly, and now will be confronted by the advancement of a huge military response.

I like it! :icon_mrgreen:

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #311 on: September 19, 2020, 02:57:33 PM »
This week has been a write-off for me.

You would have thought that with no PC until Thursday afternoon that I would have had loads of time for hobby .... ....

... ... well I didn't take advantage of it.

Had a flu jab, played some football, watched some very old TV series on a newly discovered UK Freeview Channel, and only managed to set up my Dremmel and change the collet to take a paper clip size bit, and then about 30 minutes painting, some of those fields I made, green.

Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

• Members
« Reply #312 on: September 19, 2020, 05:50:30 PM »
Week 6
Sunday September 13th:
-After grabbing the 2 paints I needed at the store on saturday I went ahead and painted the salamander sergeants face with it, applied the transfers and put on the Ironcrust/earth and the black paint on the base to let it dry and crack for monday evening to finish off the models.
Monday September 14th:
-Finished the bases and painting the transfers for the Intercessors, calling them done (battleready)
Tuesday September 15th:
-Read through the Crusade part again of the core rule book and googled some stuff about running campaigns (goonhammer is a really nice resource I found) and noted down some ideas to start a fledgling crusade campaign with our local group here. Now to bounce some of those ideas off the ones that are joining in.
Friday September 18th:
-Did the panel lining on the 10 firewarriors, again tedious work but it's done now, maybe a little clean up here and there but the smaller brush I bought (army painter one) helped a lot to keep it cleaner then it use to be. Now I can focus on finishing touches to make them battleready
-At the same time I did some work on the support system as well, done the darker blue and also the panel lining and a bit of copper work
Saturday September 19th:
-Finished the fire warriors and the support system!
-Took lightbox pictures already of the Intercessors and posted them up on Insta, want to see if I can post more frequently

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #313 on: September 19, 2020, 07:08:06 PM »
Its been a very busy week for me. I was helping run a history conference, and I'm feeling pretty burnt out just from being so busy. BUT what better way to relax, then get a bit of painting out and doing some fluff writing?

So I spent Friday night and now most of Saturday chipping away at a few old projects.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #314 on: September 19, 2020, 08:12:53 PM »
Write off as well.  Did less than Mids.
Looking at my vanguard hunters so far. Didn’t even read my scilicy campaign yet.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #315 on: September 20, 2020, 11:10:07 AM »
Got in some hobby reading on Friday, but no hobbying yesterday for me.  And I will be traveling this week on vaca ... might not get in much hobbying at all.

- - - - - -

This past week was an off week for many! :icon_eek:

Updating ...

Last Week's Tally ...

1 Day ... none
2 Days ... Novogrod, Gankom
3 Days ... none
4 Days ... none
5 Days or more ... SKS, GP

Start of This Week's Tally ...

1 Day ...
2 Days ...
3 Days or more ...

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #316 on: September 20, 2020, 03:08:10 PM »

This past week was an off week for many! :icon_eek:

... ... ... ... and it's all your fault.   :closed-eyes:

We haven't had a Meet & Greet & Paint & Potter for ages, so the fires are dying down.  :engel:

And NOW you are going on holiday - whatever next!!!   :icon_twisted:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #317 on: September 20, 2020, 03:16:02 PM »
 :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Offline TaraGreen

• Members
« Reply #318 on: September 20, 2020, 03:53:42 PM »
This week has been a write-off for me as well. I've got a lot of covid19-related problems and have to find a smaller, less expensive flat fast while there are almost none available in my area. Challenging enough and not the right time for additional painting challenges like the bust.

I made another attempt to paint the red blood cells of my coronauts project today though. Pics asap.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #319 on: September 20, 2020, 04:05:13 PM »
This week has been a write-off for me as well. I've got a lot of covid19-related problems and have to find a smaller, less expensive flat fast while there are almost none available in my area. Challenging enough and not the right time for additional painting challenges like the bust.

I made another attempt to paint the red blood cells of my coronauts project today though. Pics asap.

Sorry to hear that Tara. Miserable event even without the current circumstances. Love to see the coronauts update.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #320 on: September 20, 2020, 04:28:54 PM »
Updating ...

Last Week's Tally ...

1 Day ... none
3 Days ... none
4 Days ... none

1 Day ... Tara
2 Days ...
3 Days or more ...

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #321 on: September 20, 2020, 04:50:22 PM »
Have lit the proverbial fire under my arse and started the vanguards. Just brown for their cloakes and stuff on their front armour.
Also read the entire Sicily campaign. Wanted to start the game but crushed that bit of oddball inspiration. Later...later....
it was hard to get reinspired (?) and still reluctant to continue.
Ever feel like you would just like to stop everything till you felt better? I heard yesterday about squids that surface to feed and descend to the cold depths and shut down most bodily functions to achieve a near suspended animation. They do this every day!!
I like that idea for some reason

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #322 on: September 20, 2020, 05:19:42 PM »
The brown is new for your Sigmar Eternalcrud dudes?

I hear ya on the idea of stiopping everything till I feel better.  Been there.  Sometimes I even do that. :icon_cool: :icon_lol:

Updating ...

Last Week's Tally ...

1 Day ... none
3 Days ... none
4 Days ... none

1 Day ... Tara, Artoban
2 Days ...
3 Days or more ...

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #323 on: September 20, 2020, 05:38:32 PM »
Brown for their infernal animal skin cloakes. Just realized that pic doesn’t show a scrap of those 10 cloakes. What is the chance of that?
I now have to find a way for the blue and orange to come thru easily.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

• Members
« Reply #324 on: September 20, 2020, 10:00:17 PM »
Week 6
Sunday September 13th:
Monday September 14th:
Tuesday September 15th:
Friday September 18th:
Saturday September 19th:
-Finished the fire warriors and the support system!
-Took lightbox pictures already of the Intercessors and posted them up on Insta, want to see if I can post more frequently

Week 7
Sunday September 20th:
-Took pictures of my firewariors and the CDS (Counterfire Defense System) and posted them on insta and a few discord channels
-Started to work on my Death Guard models, doing the bases with pva glue and sand, then painting them up with grey. While the sand was drying also applied the Black Templar on the armour. And I found out that the Lord of Contagion (Lord Felthius) has a 40 mm base while the LoC from Dark Imperium has a 50mm base... like huh what? So after some thinking I decided to drop the already worked on 40mm base and start on a 50mm base for him..So that is now 2 moddeling errors with the kit? odd..