home

Author Topic: My 'Good Guys'  (Read 6578 times)

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
My 'Good Guys'
« on: May 20, 2011, 04:37:12 PM »
I said I would do it one day (in the Eurobash thread) and now I have. Well, I have half done it.

I got the 'good guys' out of their boxes and put them out and photographed them. It took ages.

I present my 'good' armies - Empire, Arabs, Pirates, Dwarfs, Pygmies, Wood Elves, Dogs of War, Nomads (sort of DoW).

After this effort, I may never get the 'bad' guys out (O&G, Ogres, Skaven, VC and Zombie Pirates). I am knackered.

BTW, these guys are still out (I need a lot of time to put them all away again) so if you want close ups of anything, tell me soon! (That bit will be easy, snappity snap and done!)

edit - Oops! Forgot to put the crew on the elephant. Ah well.
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Timbor

• Members
Re: My 'Good Guys'
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 04:40:43 PM »
That's a good sized starter army, I guess  :engel:

I think I have seen most of your forces in your bat reps, though I don't remember reading any of your reports that included wood elves...
If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. - J.H.

Paint Log: link  Blog: My Life in Millimetres

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 05:40:52 PM »
Amazing.
So much painted goodness!

What's the thing in the 2nd pic which looks like two palm trees, a catapult?
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 05:51:23 PM »
sure looks like it.

Awesome stuff here!
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Odominus

• Members
  • Winter is Coming
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 06:49:22 PM »
Not bad not bad :wink:

4th pic down, bottom left unit of spears caught my eye..
Odo drops the bombs and laughs at all the clucking.

......, it would really help if you did research before spouting your opinion...

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 08:39:56 AM »
@ Timbor: Here are close ups of the wood elves. (The bat reps are 'out there' somewhere!)

Enough archers to drop a mortar grenade or two on...

Pretty birdies ...

Twigmen (dryads) (and I mean real twigs) ...

My favourites - the horse. Converted High Elf Cav for the elite Horse (name forgotten) ...

@ Finlay: Used to use it in my Pygmy (Slann) army, as a DoW halfling hot pot, and it basically is the Southlands equivalent ...

@ Odominus: That's my pikemen, a mixture of two manufacturers ...

Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Novogord

• Mr Goblin
  • Members
  • Wie wind zaait, zal storm oogsten
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001398349166
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2011, 08:56:39 AM »
This is madness Padre!

I really like some of those creative ideas! King kong as a giant?
Only the dead have seen the end of the war

Being an intellectual creates a lot of questions and no answers.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2011, 09:31:59 AM »
This is madness Padre!

I really like some of those creative ideas! King kong as a giant?

This is only half my madness (none of my skaven, O&G, Ogres, VC or Zombie pirates are out - and I have big armies for each).

And the King Kongs - they're 'Gorillagors' (i.e. counts as Kroxigors in my pygmy army)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 11:20:57 AM by Padre »

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
  • intres cum fixura sine misericordia
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2011, 06:46:02 PM »
Eyy... Your collection is so huge it makes me feel feeble and... and... No way I will ever be able to reach that! Least afford it!  :Ohmy: Neither would I be able to have the necessary focus and drive. Geez... I envy you Padre. You can both collect and paint an insane amount of Warhammer minis and armies AND do all that re-enactment at the same time. And still work and take care of a family. Talk about super multi-tasking!

I feel... I feel so... inferior... :icon_sad:
Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2011, 07:01:44 PM »
It's not that hard, as long as you've got nearly 30 years to collect it all over. I wholeheartedly believe I'm the inadequate one, wasting too much of my life on toy soldiers (remember what you see is only my 'good' armies, there's another table's worth of bad guys)!

I really must get on with more 'important' stuff (like the stuff that brings money in and involves more than a fancy, 3D sort of 'colouring in').  Yet at the same time, I intend to paint two new armies while my little boys grow up, for them to use when they're old enough. So, still a fool! I hope the boys grow to like wargaming and tabletop RP games!

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2011, 07:29:44 PM »
you should post this in BandP so most people can see it!

Pass the machete.

Offline von Bildhofen

• Members
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2011, 06:03:45 PM »
Dont put it away before you have made a battle with all the good guys against the evil forces and make one great battle report :)

Points dont matter - just good vs evil

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2011, 12:28:54 PM »
Dont put it away before you have made a battle with all the good guys against the evil forces and make one great battle report :)

Points dont matter - just good vs evil
You'd need a humongous table, and it would take a week.

Pass the machete.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2011, 03:51:07 PM »
Yeah, these guys, just the good guys, nearly filled my table - and I may have broken the minimum 1" apart rule.

I would enjoy a massive game though - not with all these, but as part of a grand alliance. Maybe the next Yorkshire mini bash should be a big game, really big, with several tables together and three players with large armies on each side? It would be great fun (I think).

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2011, 04:10:30 PM »
Impressive collection when seen all in one fell swoop. :icon_biggrin:

Yep, I know, this is just the "good guys".

- - - - - -

In the 6th photo down from the top in the original post, looks like lots of units with "kite" type sheilds, infantry and cavalry.  Wondering what all those are?
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2011, 04:12:52 PM »
They are historical Normans and First Crusaders, I use them as Bretonnian  peasant spearmen.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2011, 05:35:58 PM »
Was wondering that, yet didn't see Brets mentioned in the first post, so wasn't sure.

Could be neat to see those closer. :icon_biggrin:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra