home

Author Topic: The Grand Army of Sigmar's Righteous Fury  (Read 62548 times)

Offline Commander Bernhardt

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
  • Geweldig!
Re: The Grand Army of Sigmar's Righteous Fury
« Reply #200 on: December 17, 2014, 09:56:36 AM »
np, it's what we are used to by now ;)
President Merkin Muffley: Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
  • Geweldig!
« Reply #201 on: December 19, 2014, 01:01:47 PM »
The demigryph knights' banner is almost finished! This thing has got to be the most difficult thing I painted... ever! but I think I got it now. Please do tell me what you think or give me any tips and suggestions you can think of  :::cheers:::

President Merkin Muffley: Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #202 on: December 19, 2014, 03:13:41 PM »
Looking good!
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline mottdon

• Members
« Reply #203 on: December 19, 2014, 03:25:36 PM »
Nice!  I love the delicate scrolled metal bar that the banner is hanging from!  It really gives it a refined look!  The fighting bull is painted really nicely as well!  Did you find a stencil to work from or did you create that image?   :::cheers:::

Offline steveb

• Members
« Reply #204 on: December 19, 2014, 04:14:06 PM »
nice construction........ that unit will look sharp and never break with that banner     steveb

Offline undivided.capital

• Members
« Reply #205 on: December 20, 2014, 05:00:50 AM »
 :::cheers::: Really love this. Inspirational.
Thanks,

Sam Taylor

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
  • Geweldig!
« Reply #206 on: December 22, 2014, 10:02:10 PM »
thanks for the kind words!

The banner is loosly based on the existing Ostland banners such as found on various places on the web. The actually plastic banner comes from the dark elf chariot (my all-time favorite banner) with a cherub from the old metal war altar.

Here are some pictures of today's game (don't mind the second picture though, my opponent accidently knocked off the champion's lance)

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #207 on: December 22, 2014, 10:14:20 PM »
The banner is loosly based on the existing Ostland banners such as found on various places on the web.

Ostland or Jupiler?  :icon_wink:
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline DariusZero

• Members
  • I'm a non native speaker from Mars and I bite.
« Reply #208 on: December 23, 2014, 09:45:59 AM »
Girls in the same room as warhammer figs? On which planet do you live ?  :engel:

And what figs are the dwarf bulls from your opponent? They look cool. Nice work btw. :::cheers:::

One of the big wigs... once told them "If a household doesn't have an income of $70,000, we don't consider them a GW target customer."
MyEmpireBlog: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=33477.0

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
  • Geweldig!
« Reply #209 on: December 23, 2014, 11:04:42 PM »
Girls in the same room as warhammer figs? On which planet do you live ?  :engel:

héhé I allready expected that comment. Well our club is located in the Outpost gaming centre. It's more like a public bar where pc-gamers, magic-players and boardgame enthousiast can find a place and where we have our regular evenings. that explains why there are girls and loud students in the same room as we are.
Yesterday was a strange day though, even by our standards. if you look closely you can even see a baby in the pictures.

the bull centaurs are mantic halfbreeds. they are okay as far as mantic figs go. Not as good as their undead range but immensly better than their goblins and chaos dwarf ranges

Offline undivided.capital

• Members
« Reply #210 on: January 06, 2015, 04:16:18 AM »
That kind of thing has been getting bigger around here as well. They call them board games Cafes around here( near Toronto). It has been a great way to bring new players into the game.

Also, awesome centaurs!
Thanks,

Sam Taylor

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
  • Geweldig!
« Reply #211 on: June 15, 2015, 06:22:22 PM »
another Mordheim figure: Tim the enchanter

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
  • Geweldig!
« Reply #212 on: December 30, 2015, 07:51:04 PM »
After a hobby-hiatus of a couple of months I've decided to make an inventory of my empire army in order to make it more compatible with Kings of War(hammer).  My buddies and I have decided to keep our lore grounded in warhammer (8th) background but play with Kings of War rules.
These will see use as Kingdoms of Men and after I get my Uncharted Empires book (and my Westfalia Halflings) as League of Rhordia as well.

Army overview

Witch hunter and warrior priests (not including the many unpainted witch hunters still in boxes somewhere).
Now a redundant herochoice.

Some of the troops: hordes of spear phalanxes, pike blocks, knights, shield wall regiment, arqubusiers, crossbows,...
the archers will need new unit trays

mounted general, warrior priest and battle standard bearer (actually great swords unit banner but since that unit never got finished thanks to 8th...)

Second capatasus (Hero on winged beast) with option for a wizard as rider (Balthasar Gelt kitbash)

Outriders with option for champion with repeater pistol (can be used as mounted scouts), The buffalo cavalry (Demigryph knights) can still see use as Chariots in KoW)

Wizards, only lore of metal is missing. Now my goal of finishing all 8 lores will propably never be realised evne though the metal mage has been lying in box for some years.

engineers another redundant hero choice now

Artillery battery

War altar, steam tank and hurricanum. The steam tank can see use as a beast of war with ballista mounted on top. The others.... tjah

Some left overs that can be used for some troop choices

on to the works in progress: mounted sorceress and BSB

kitbashed luminark and imperial light lancers (mounted sergeants)

light cannons (counts as ballistas?)

Kislev Winged Lancers. These will definitly see use as mounted sergeants. The pistoliers are a veeeery old project. They are supposed to represent Ragnar's Wolves (http://en.dark-omen.org/troops/empire/ragnars-wolves.html) It's doubtfull these will ever be finished.

Mounted general/warrior priest by shieldwolf miniatures. This one was meant to be converted into a mounted BSB for an all mounted empire army. ANother project that will propably never be finished. The other model is a converted general on griffon. WIth options to turn him into a Lammassu or Manticore and options for Chaos Dwarf riders. This one will propably move to my Abyssal Dwarf army alltoghether.

And that's not including the dozens of unpainted and/or unboxed greatswords, militia and flaggelants. The flaggelants might actually see completion now. They were one of my favorite units untill 8th came along and moved this project back.
That's it. That'll make a nice Kings of War army I think :)

Offline red shift

• Members
« Reply #213 on: December 30, 2015, 08:35:47 PM »
Did your empire army nick the arc of the covenant from that Indiana Jones movie and stick it on a war wagon? Class. Any Crystal skulls?

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #214 on: December 30, 2015, 08:49:06 PM »
Looks liek a great collection! :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #215 on: December 31, 2015, 01:16:42 AM »
great collection and paint jobs
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
  • Geweldig!
« Reply #216 on: January 01, 2016, 05:56:08 PM »
thanks and no, no cristal skulls here.
happy new year!

Offline Doc J

• Members
  • The Prince of Brooklyn Park
« Reply #217 on: January 07, 2016, 12:52:11 AM »
Thats a really nice army you have there I especially like your cannons, who makes them ?
In the words of the late great Nicki Minaj - Ya done son

Offline Mightymatt88

• Members
« Reply #218 on: January 08, 2016, 10:40:38 AM »
Nice! That's an army that truly deserves the word 'Grand' in the title!

I'd also like to know where the light cannon come from, they look great!

Offline Sceleris

• Members
« Reply #219 on: January 08, 2016, 09:35:47 PM »
Napoleonic plastic range by someone I'd have thought by the look? Warlord games and perry (who also do an ACW version?) do ranges

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
  • Geweldig!
« Reply #220 on: January 09, 2016, 07:05:13 PM »
the cannons are from Wargames Factory: War of Spanish succession artillery kit. They're pretty cheap but amazing models.