home

Author Topic: need heavy 2250 pts list for battle against VC  (Read 2147 times)

Offline dave_flo

• Members
need heavy 2250 pts list for battle against VC
« on: September 11, 2009, 09:05:02 PM »
hi ,

Comments and  tips for a good heavy  armylist ! against VC.

My sample list :

Arch Lector : war altar , Armour of meteoric iron ,van horstmann Speculum , Great weapon : 286 pts

Level 2 wizard :  rod of power , ring of volans.  150 pts

Level 2 wizard : The orb of thunder , powerstone . 150 pts

Level 2 wizard : doomfire ring , powerstone. 150 pts

10 handgunners : 80 pts
10 handgunners : 80pts
10 handgunners : 80pts

5 knights :  musician : 123 pts

3 cannons : 300 pts

2 steamtanks : 600 pts

total : 2245 pts

Greetings
Dave

Offline Freman Bloodglaive

• Members
Re: need heavy 2250 pts list for battle against VC
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 02:29:22 AM »
Is this a friendly game, or are you going up against a cheesemeister Vampire Counts army?

If it's the latter then run whatever you want, but I wouldn't field this army in a friendly game.

War Alter or one steam tank. Maybe War Alter and one steam tank on a really bad day, but War Alter and two steam tanks?

(Okay I don't actually have a War Alter or a steam tank, but regardless)
"Reason is a thing of God, inasmuch as there is nothing which God the Maker of all has not provided, disposed, ordained by reason - nothing which He has not willed should be handled and understood by reason" Quintus Tertullian

Offline dave_flo

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 07:46:48 AM »
it's up against a cheesy VC army . trust me ...
Have to be competitive.
War altar and two steam tanks are hard , but a pump up vampire lord with zombie dragon is even harder dan a steamtank !
Normally i dont play a list like that.

greetings

Offline Sir Seigfried

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 08:42:02 AM »
Horray for Shooty lines :P

If your going to use the lector to fight off those pesky vampires .. you might consider this.

Arch Lector : war altar , Sword of fate ,van horstmann Speculum , Heavy armor, shield : 304 pts

you get a 3+ armor save (might be 4+ am not too sure), your 4+ ward save, and nominate the sword at whichever model is his general. Hitting on 2+, causing d3 wounds for EVERY successful hit on his general with no armor saves ... means one very dead general =p

true you will be 9 points over, but i'm sure your opponent won't mind that :) 10 points leeway each way of the points limit is what i hear is allowed in touneys
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 08:44:10 AM by Sir Seigfried »

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 10:32:22 AM »
It's 4+, magic weapons don't count for the handweapon shield bonus.

The Arch Lector I've seen used in the main forum runs the armour of meteoric iron, van horstmann's and the sword of fate on a War Alter.

Nominate the Zombie Dragon, charge if possible, swap stats with the Vampire and kill his mount.
"Reason is a thing of God, inasmuch as there is nothing which God the Maker of all has not provided, disposed, ordained by reason - nothing which He has not willed should be handled and understood by reason" Quintus Tertullian

Offline Sir Seigfried

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 11:04:46 AM »

The Arch Lector I've seen used in the main forum runs the armour of meteoric iron, van horstmann's and the sword of fate on a War Alter.

Nominate the Zombie Dragon, charge if possible, swap stats with the Vampire and kill his mount.

only problem with that Arch Lector set up, is thats like 34 points over :(

he could switch one of the cannons for a mortar to get that if he felt comfortable with using one, it would be an awesome way of shattering the hordes of undead.

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2009, 11:31:24 AM »
He does use the great weapon instead. While not quite as tasty against the nominated target as the sword of fate, it's better against a range of targets.

Offline dave_flo

• Members
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2009, 07:40:06 AM »
can you swap stats against e single enemy in close combat?
Can you do a challenge when just one character is in combat and no unit ( single charge of VC lord example ) .

Offline Sir Seigfried

• Members
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2009, 11:25:36 AM »
can you swap stats against e single enemy in close combat?
Can you do a challenge when just one character is in combat and no unit ( single charge of VC lord example ) .

the stats changing is only when the character fights in a challenge, if there is no one to challenge, the item is useless.

i had a look around about the single character changing in and issuing/accepting challenges ... i couldn't find a defined answer, however, the rule book does say ... "note that in order to participate in a challenge, either to issue it or to meet it, a character must be fighting in combat already"

Offline Markw

• Members
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2009, 11:46:30 AM »
A decent Vampire player wont go anywhere near an Archlector on a war alter. He definately needs a magic weapon to deal with wraiths/spirit hosts.

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2009, 12:00:46 PM »
Well, yeah. That and he's mounted.

And he does indeed need a magic weapon.
Hello Athiuen and welcome to the Back Table.

caveat lector
I killed a duck with a spear, can't read train timetables though
"To be is to do"-Socrates;
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline Gustavus Magnus

• Members
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2009, 07:27:56 AM »
Almost every cheesey vampire general I ever saw was wearing the Carstein ring so you have to catch and kill him twice.
Gustavus Magnus, of Bögenhafen; Mercenary Captain, Explorer, Spy, Scout, and Outrider.

Offline dave_flo

• Members
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2009, 07:54:24 AM »
nevermind , i won the game yesterday in the club :p
I killed the vampirelord with a arch lector witch the sword of fate in round 4 !!
hehe... Empire for victory !

thx for the tips !

Offline minnh

• Members
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2009, 03:46:57 AM »
Almost every cheesey vampire general I ever saw was wearing the Carstein ring so you have to catch and kill him twice.

I don't know... Every hard Vampire list I've seen has their general sitting in a bunker of Ghouls behind a massive unit of Grave Guard that plows through everything due to the Lord's fancy hat-o-make-you-WS7. With Zombies going up everywhere, and the Carstein Ring not actually able to fend off a double 1 (or is that Infernal Gateway's insta-kill?) it's not used too much, compared to the crazy good stuff you can take instead.

But congrats on the win, it's nice to hear Empire winning against a tooled-up VC every once in a while. :-D
"Nothing says "I'm not afraid of you Mr Chaos Warrior" like a handgun at 24 inches." -Freman Bloodglaive

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2009, 06:29:18 AM »
nevermind , i won the game yesterday in the club :p
I killed the vampirelord with a arch lector witch the sword of fate in round 4 !!
hehe... Empire for victory !

thx for the tips !
Nice! Congrats!
Hello Athiuen and welcome to the Back Table.

caveat lector
I killed a duck with a spear, can't read train timetables though
"To be is to do"-Socrates;
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline Gustavus Magnus

• Members
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2009, 06:43:00 AM »
Yes.  Congratulations.   :eusa_clap:
Gustavus Magnus, of Bögenhafen; Mercenary Captain, Explorer, Spy, Scout, and Outrider.