home

Author Topic: "hurricanium lord" list to try out  (Read 809 times)

Offline malladin_ben

• Members
"hurricanium lord" list to try out
« on: April 25, 2012, 09:59:25 AM »
Okay, so I'm refining my ideas on how to get this new book to work after a few battles and I've got some things to try out:

1: Rocket Battery - I've not tried this yet, but I think it could be useful and provides some anti-BLIU (big light-infantry unit) shooting I am currently missing.

2: 10:5:5 archers - cheap fairly mobile redirectors (I have a theory on how to make sure I get my detachment traps to work, and it needs some cheap redirectors).

3: the titular Level 4 celestial magic on hurricanium - mainly because of the things I want to try out puts pressure on the rare slots so I need to shift it's cost to lords point (plus it saves me five points - yay!  :icon_confused:)

And that's in addition to some things I've tried and want to keep:

1: HBVG + engineer - generally great
2: Stank - doesn't last as long as it used to (mainly because I throw it forward with wild abandon at 4 SP a turn and hope to misfire and get the D3 wounds/bonus SP result), but it's a LOT more fun, and still very useful.
3: 4xDemigryphs with warrior priest (can give them flaming or reroll wounds, or 5+ wards if against something that can hit back at high S).
4: Hurricanium - really adds a lot for 130 points.

So here's the list:

* Lords (488pts)
    * Arch Lector (HA, Sh, Dragonhelm)
    * Battle Wizard Lord (Lore of Heavens, Level 4, Talisman of Preservation)

* Heroes (276pts)
    * Captain of the Empire (BSB, FPA, Dawnstone, Enchanted Shield)
    * Master Engineer
    * Warrior Priest (GW, HA, Barded Warhorse)

* Core (503pts)
    * Archers (x10)
        * Archers (x5, detachment)
        * Archers (x5 detachment)
    * Swordsmen (x33, FC)
        * Halberdiers (x17, detachment)

* Special (242pts)
    * Demigryph Knights (x4, preceptor)

* Rare (490pts)
    * Helblaster Volley Gun
    * Helstorm Rocket Battery
    * Steam Tank

Okay, so I know the hurricanium lord probably has a massive target drawn on his head, but I think I need to whittle down some of those large infantry units before I get into combat and think that the rocket battery is worth a try.  Hopefully at least the lord will be able to ward save the damage and run into the second rank of my swordsmen and I'll at least be able to try out celestial magic. I'm guessing rerolling 1s will work out very nicely with both hurricanium-buffed swordsmen and 1+ AS demigryphs and stank.

Cheerio,

Ben
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 10:01:35 AM by malladin_ben »

Offline Gregourious

• Members
Re: "hurricanium lord" list to try out
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 02:06:41 PM »
I  like the lists, it should play fairly well.

Some small comments. I'd give the AL a magic shield to get the 3+ save and give him a ward save. Alternatively give him Ulric's, the -1 to hit to models in base contact can add the BSB if placed side by side. When you also hace the +1 to hit from the charriot, victory looks a little better.

I'd give the helm to the GW WP to give him a 2+.

I preferr 2 helblasters over the helstrom and helbalster combo, higher strenght makes a difference.

G