home

Author Topic: Lord Relictor  (Read 3269 times)

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
Lord Relictor
« on: April 22, 2018, 09:36:00 PM »
Quick question. I can’t seem to find the lord on the GW site and liberators have flown the coop. I am behind on the fluff but I really liked the Relictor and his fluff. I can get his warscroll still.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
Re: Lord Relictor
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 08:29:33 AM »
Lord Relictor is in the starter set (the one with the khorne bloodbound in it) he still hasn't seen it's own release unfortunatly like Vandus did. Same for the Bloodstoker and Korgorath models from the Khorne Bloodbound from that set.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 09:22:24 AM »
yeah, Lord-Relictor has only ever been in the main starter box or the Thunder and Blood starter set.

There are quite a few stormcast things missing though.   Knight-Vexillor, Knight-Questor are no longer on the website.   Yet, Knight-Questor is this year's Golden Daemon 'Eavy Metal paint masters category miniature.

I haven't checked to see what else might be missing.

There is a rumour engine pic that shows a Stormcast shoulder that hasn't been released, so either it's just an incorrect way of noting stock shortage, which usually just says temporary, or they've been to be re-boxed, or they may actually be gone for good.  There's no real way of knowing

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 10:37:45 AM »
Good to know. I was outbid on a Relictor last night. I would go to 9£ + shipping and in the last 3 seconds it went for 9.50!
I’ve decided that as the orks are the last pullover from the old game and I’ll start with the new army’s. And as I love the stormcast...
This one will take awhile to collect so maybe I’ll actually spend some decent time painting them.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 10:40:11 AM »
Just checked again, and Liberators are still on the GW site, and the Knight-Vexillor has re-appeared.   Knight-Questor is still missing though

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 11:00:51 AM »
Lord Relictor is in the starter set (the one with the khorne bloodbound in it) he still hasn't seen it's own release unfortunately like Vandus did. Same for the Bloodstoker and Korgorath models from the Khorne Bloodbound from that set.
Can this starter box still be purchased?

(GP ... you going to buy into W:AoS? :icon_eek: )

Probably for the Chaos figures, still not a fan of the Stormcrud ones.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2018, 11:01:35 AM »
And it seems I just found an answer to my question.  Found a place with them on sale for $105. :icon_cool:

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2018, 11:05:49 AM »
Nice @oxy and GP!
I saw some liberators for a good deal. Good deal on that box GP. If you don’t want the SC element, I’ll take them off your hands if you want. I have to say the chaos models are fantastic.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2018, 11:35:00 AM »
Lord Relictor is in the starter set (the one with the khorne bloodbound in it) he still hasn't seen it's own release unfortunately like Vandus did. Same for the Bloodstoker and Korgorath models from the Khorne Bloodbound from that set.
Can this starter box still be purchased?

(GP ... you going to buy into W:AoS? :icon_eek: )

Probably for the Chaos figures, still not a fan of the Stormcrud ones.

Yes, both core starter sets are available.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2018, 09:12:00 PM »
Here is a link to an article on the 4 current W:AoS Starter Sets ... http://ageofsigmar.eu/starter-set/

Seems to be a decent description of what is going on with them. :icon_cool:

Think I'm most interested in the original set from 2015.  Having the scenery piece and playing mat in the larger of the two Stormcrud vs. Khorne sets from 2017 isn't enough for me to want to buy it, and I'm not interested in doing a Nurgle army so probably won't buy the 2017 Blightwar set either.  However, the Nurgle figures do look good.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2018, 09:32:31 PM »
I got the full size starter set when it came out and I loved it. The chaos guys have been a pleasure to paint, although their larger then marauders. I don't care much about the scenery bit in the other larger kit.

I like the blightwar one, but I don't play Nurgle and I already have enough Stormcast to work on.

This is how it begins GP! Once you buy the starter kit you'll eventually pick up the rules to read, then it spirals down and down until you remerge on the forum as a dyed in the wool AoS fanboy!

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2018, 10:06:07 PM »
Ha!  I've wanted to give W:AoS a try, just not a fan of the Stormcrud figures, yet who knows what might happen someday.

I've got plenty of Empire figures, and look forward to doing some small sized Empire vs. Empire at some point.  And looking forward to having the Chaos figures.

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2018, 07:11:50 AM »
Ha!  I've wanted to give W:AoS a try, just not a fan of the Stormcrud figures, yet who knows what might happen someday.

I've got plenty of Empire figures, and look forward to doing some small sized Empire vs. Empire at some point.  And looking forward to having the Chaos figures.

Blades of Khorne do have some nice army builds to work with! You can get loads of extra attacks going on with the measly bloodreavers, you just need to get them across the board asap :)
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989