home

Author Topic: 100 Days of Hobby 2020 ...  (Read 71239 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: 100 Days of Hobby 2020 ...
« Reply #825 on: July 26, 2020, 08:13:35 PM »
For me …

Friday … created a tracking sheet for role playing experience poitns for the nephews, and more mapping of the sewer system that they will eventually experience.  I now have 5 sizes of sewer … 5’ widths with 2 1/2’ walks on both sides, 5’ widths with 21/2’ walk on one side, 5 ‘ widths with no walks, 2 1/2’ widths with no walks, all the smaller piping from the locations to the sewer.

Saturday … spent a good half hour reading half the new 40K 9th edition core rules.

And updating all the rest below as well ...

- - -

Friday ... Day 86

100 Days of Hobby (every day) … Rowsdower, Artoban, GP, Padre, Realjuan, Gankom, Mids

5 Days Per Week ... Zygmund

3 Days Per Week ... SKS, Novogord

(Those reporting in are bolded.)

Yesterday ...

Saturday ... Day 87

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Rowsdower, Artoban, GP,  Gankom, Padre, Realjuan, Mids

Today ...

Sunday ... Day 88

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Rowsdower, Gankom, Artoban, Padre, Realjuan, GP, Mids

« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 01:59:02 AM by GamesPoet »
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #826 on: July 26, 2020, 10:41:24 PM »
Dang weekends pretty much over already. Time flies.

Friday I set up for a warhammer fantasy game with a buddy. (Woo hoo)

We had the game off and on over Saturday and Sunday. The real nice thing about onlining playing like this is that he could leave the board set up, and we could go off and do others things whenever we needed. I tried to take screenshots throughout but A) I forgot for the most part and B) cant actually make much out in the few screenshots I did.

Still, my combined Dwarf/Empire army took on Ogre/Tomb Kings in an 8th edition battle and we squeaked out a victory!

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #827 on: July 27, 2020, 02:00:30 AM »
Updated, and congrats! :icon_cool: :::cheers:::

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #828 on: July 27, 2020, 02:07:29 AM »
First Warhammer Fantasy game in ages!

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #829 on: July 27, 2020, 03:43:38 AM »
I screwed up the helmets on the Howling Griffons i was working on.

I then had the ingenious idea of turning an old HMS Victory kit i had into a 'trapped' EREBUS [not the word bearer] but couldn't find it after turning the house upside down.

Offline Novogord

• Mr Goblin
  • Members
  • Wie wind zaait, zal storm oogsten
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001398349166
« Reply #830 on: July 27, 2020, 06:42:38 AM »
Week 13:
Saturday 25th & 26th:
I worked on my homemade warcry Belltower, goblin edition.
It is based on some hobbit terrain and lots of other bits. It is still not finished, but I'm happy the way it comes along :-)
I also used structure paint to get a rock like effect. Not completely satisfied but getting their!

And some long awaited pictures:

« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 06:46:09 AM by Novogord »
Only the dead have seen the end of the war

Being an intellectual creates a lot of questions and no answers.

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #831 on: July 27, 2020, 09:41:13 AM »
9th ed 40k!!

Week 12
July 17th:
-Got my Kill Team Killzone Death World Forest in, so have assembled the first 3 parts (china cast so lots of moldlines and will need some greenstuff to hide joints)
-Got some more work done on my Foetid Bloat Drone
July 19th:
-Been building all day on the Death World Forest, but managed to finish building them!
July 20th:
-Got some more paint on my 10 fire warriors
July 21st:
-Build some more Frostgrave soldiers, got 12 total now
-Put some more paint on the Fire warriors
July 22nd:
-Even more paint on my Fire Warriors

Week 13
July 24th:
-Painted some more on the Foetid Bloat Drone
July 25th:
-After grabbing my 9th edition stuff early in the morning at the store I had some nice reading done in the books
July 26th:
-Made our (me and Benthe) crusade armies on paper and had loads of fun coming up with names for them
-Played our first little skirmish in 9th, with just 1 psyker and 1 troop choice unit, so we could get a hang of the new rules and to let Benthe get familiar with her Primaris Librarian
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #832 on: July 27, 2020, 03:10:03 PM »
Read 5 more pages of the Core Rules for 9th edition 40K.  7 more to go.

Also got out my 40K Ork army, and started inventorying it.  I hadn't gotten these dudes out in over 10 years, so it was a good bit of fun to reopen the boxes they were stored in and see what is what.

Most of the army is made from the Beyond Black Reach starter set back in 5th edition, I had bought two boxes at the time.  So for those table top ready ... I have a warboss, 9 nobs, a pain boy, unit of 20 boyz with 2 as big shooters and a nob, a unit of 10 shoota boyz and a nob, 2 Trukks, and 9 Deff Koptas (vaguely recall splitting one Black Reach set in half to obtain the extra koptas and Orks while friend got space marines).  Primed only I have another unit of 18 boyz with two as big shootas (can't recall why there are only 18, need 2 more I'm sure!), 10 Storm Boyz with Boss Zagstruk, 2 Looted wagons (converted Space Marine Rhinos, one with Ork turret, other with Space Marine turret), a lone battle wagon.  I have more Nobs from Black Reach set, and more Orks in their packaging of various kinds, and will inventory those next.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #833 on: July 27, 2020, 03:35:42 PM »
Updating ...

Friday ... Day 86

100 Days of Hobby (every day) … Rowsdower, Artoban, GP, Gankom, Realjuan, Padre, Mids

Saturday ... Day 87

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Rowsdower, Artoban, GP,  Gankom, Realjuan, Padre, Mids

Yesterday ...

Sunday ... Day 88

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Rowsdower, Gankom, GP, Realjuan, Artoban, Padre, Mids

Today ...

Monday ... Day 90

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Rowsdower, Gankom, Artoban, Padre, Realjuan, GP, Mids

« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 01:25:36 PM by GamesPoet »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #834 on: July 27, 2020, 03:38:50 PM »
Week 13:
Saturday 25th & 26th:
I worked on my homemade warcry Belltower, goblin edition.
It is based on some hobbit terrain and lots of other bits. It is still not finished, but I'm happy the way it comes along :-)
I also used structure paint to get a rock like effect. Not completely satisfied but getting their!

And some long awaited pictures: ...
I like what you did with the dwarf, super! :icon_biggrin: :::cheers:::

And what is the story with that Guard unit?  Plus what did you use for the figures, and how did you paint the brown on their coats?

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #835 on: July 27, 2020, 03:42:47 PM »
9th ed 40k!!

July 25th:
-After grabbing my 9th edition stuff early in the morning at the store I had some nice reading done in the books
Been reading the 40K core rules for 9th.  Ordered the Indomitus set on Friday, so will probably have it in the mail soon, but not sure when I'll ever start on those figures.  However, as mentioned above, getting out my Ork army has been fun!  I look forward to adding some more paint too!

July 26th:
-Made our (me and Benthe) crusade armies on paper and had loads of fun coming up with names for them
-Played our first little skirmish in 9th, with just 1 psyker and 1 troop choice unit, so we could get a hang of the new rules and to let Benthe get familiar with her Primaris Librarian[/i]
This is awesome! :icon_cool: :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #836 on: July 27, 2020, 04:59:38 PM »
With the last days of this 100 Days of Hobby in motion and it ending on Saturday August 8th, I went back and took a look at the list I had made early on this thread.  Below I have bolded what has been completed or seen an effort.

Go thru all my paints for seeing what I might order.
Complete WotRs list of nobles, their liveries, and their badges for 1st battle of St. Albans and Blore Heath.
Paint 8mm Perry Napoleonics.
Clean and paint 20 Border Reiver figures.
Finish gluing Tower back together for use with Border Reivers, and maybe fantasy too.
Start constructing more 28mm Perry WotRs and Euro Mercs, prime them, and get busy painting them for use with Lion Rampant.
Organize ACW figures into units to use with the rules called Longstreet and get cleaning, constructing, and painting them.
Clean, prime, and paint 28mm AW French & Indian War figures for Rebels and Patriots.
Partially, but more to Organize my WFB Empire figures and see what can get completed, and put paint on some of them!
Make some scenery pieces for all sorts of uses.
Get in some more games via Zoom ... had two with Artoban and Gankhom, and a few with nephews and two newer friends to the hobby.
Partially, but more to do for Set up a campaign idea or two for reason to make scenery and play games.
Create table maps for a 1st Battle of St. Albans campaign.
Create scenery for a Blore Heath scenario.

And who knows what else I might come up with along the way.

Started after the fact ... Created and began to run a role playing campaign for nephews, prepping for 40K 9th Edition by reading rules and getting out Orks.

I am sure there have been a few other items along the way, and so far quite satisfied with my progress so far.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 05:01:43 PM by GamesPoet »

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #837 on: July 28, 2020, 06:54:44 AM »
This is getting quite a good week

Week 12
July 17th:
-Got my Kill Team Killzone Death World Forest in, so have assembled the first 3 parts (china cast so lots of moldlines and will need some greenstuff to hide joints)
-Got some more work done on my Foetid Bloat Drone
July 19th:
-Been building all day on the Death World Forest, but managed to finish building them!
July 20th:
-Got some more paint on my 10 fire warriors
July 21st:
-Build some more Frostgrave soldiers, got 12 total now
-Put some more paint on the Fire warriors
July 22nd:
-Even more paint on my Fire Warriors

Week 13
July 24th:
-Painted some more on the Foetid Bloat Drone
July 25th:
July 26th:
-Played our first little skirmish in 9th, with just 1 psyker and 1 troop choice unit, so we could get a hang of the new rules and to let Benthe get familiar with her Primaris Librarian
July 27th:
-Did a first draft of a 2k 9th ed list for my T'au
-Finished my 2nd Foetid Bloat Drone
-Did a little more work on the Intercessors
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Novogord

• Mr Goblin
  • Members
  • Wie wind zaait, zal storm oogsten
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001398349166
« Reply #838 on: July 28, 2020, 07:38:44 AM »

And what is the story with that Guard unit?  Plus what did you use for the figures, and how did you paint the brown on their coats?
Thanks, that is a Games Day Gotrek without it base. I got it in a trade and the base was missing, so I made one myself and he will be the leader of my Slayer Army (one day).

The guard unit is the start of my Astra Militarium army (Imperial Guard), this will be yellow squad (yellow triangle on the helmet). The other will be red and white squad. I will be playing Steel Legion and the figures are a mix of original metal GW models, some Spanish/Chinese plastic ones, some West Wind WW3 Germans and some 28mm WW2 Germans.
I'm going for the classic colours with these. With a Light Grey basecoat, Snakebeat Leather contrast paint over it. And a little highlight / drybrush of the old Snakebeath leather with a sand colour from Model Color.
Only the dead have seen the end of the war

Being an intellectual creates a lot of questions and no answers.

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #839 on: July 28, 2020, 12:13:09 PM »
I found my old Victory and Kutty sark kits. I realize they don't look much like the Erebus and Terror but i'm pulling the plug and making the 'trapped' diorama anyway.

I also went to 'Skavenblight' today [the name i dub the town i grew up in due to the fact its a rat hole, full of rat-like people] and scored a Marder 3 and paint set that came with 3 Stormcasts.

I also finished the Howling griffons with the screwed up helmets and did some more work on the custom panzer

Offline Realjuan

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Always learning
« Reply #840 on: July 28, 2020, 08:23:03 PM »

Friday to Sunday - 85-87
    Friend came over the weekend, so I was only able to read 40k books and pick up the Indomitus

Monday
Reading some fluff

Tuesday
aahh finally get to open my new 40k box, start cutting and cleaning first guy to find out my glue is dried out!!! Decided to cut and clean a few space marines and get them ready to be prime without being glue. I hope this work.
Trading Orcs for Empire
"Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect" Jean Jacque Rousseau

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #841 on: July 28, 2020, 10:43:36 PM »
Sunday I finished up my warhammer game, and did a little bit of painting in the evening while still in the zoom call.

Monday built another couple of fireforge peasants (Which have mostly been sitting around on as stock for converting.).

And today I was finally able to get into the shop and pick up the Indomitus box set. I've also had quite the fantasy itch, so while I was in there I picked up some game of thrones Nights Watch Sworn Brothers to use as Greatswords for my homebrew army.

(taken from their website.)

Scale seems to be mostly similar but we'll find out once I've made them.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #842 on: July 28, 2020, 11:24:45 PM »
Sunday I finished up my warhammer game, and did a little bit of painting in the evening while still in the zoom call.

Monday built another couple of fireforge peasants (Which have mostly been sitting around on as stock for converting.).

And today I was finally able to get into the shop and pick up the Indomitus box set. I've also had quite the fantasy itch, so while I was in there I picked up some game of thrones Nights Watch Sworn Brothers to use as Greatswords for my homebrew army.

Man! I do love those GoT minis!😺
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #843 on: July 28, 2020, 11:34:50 PM »
Last night I tore up part of the sewers of my role playing city scape again, and began redrafting one foo the arterial branches and may move a second one.  Again I was struggling with what had already been created and it wasn't working like i hoped before drawing it the first and second times.

Also, after having lined up all my Orks on the gaming table, I put them all back into their boxes.  The plan is to further inventory the boxes of Ork figures, finish reading the core rules, and get an Ork Codex to see what small army might be built to give ago against nephew's space marines for an eventual low point game to work out the rules.  I might even just set up a play by myself scenario from whatever the rules evoke, in order to begin relearning the rules in the 9th edition iteration of them.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #844 on: July 28, 2020, 11:49:47 PM »
Updating ...

Monday ... Day 90

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Rowsdower, Realjuan, Gankom, GP, Artoban, Padre, Mids

Today ...

Tuesday ... Day 91

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Rowsdower, Realjuan, Gankom, Artoban, Padre, GP, Mids

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #845 on: July 29, 2020, 12:01:19 AM »

Thanks, that is a Games Day Gotrek without it base. I got it in a trade and the base was missing, so I made one myself and he will be the leader of my Slayer Army (one day).

The guard unit is the start of my Astra Militarium army (Imperial Guard), this will be yellow squad (yellow triangle on the helmet). The other will be red and white squad. I will be playing Steel Legion and the figures are a mix of original metal GW models, some Spanish/Chinese plastic ones, some West Wind WW3 Germans and some 28mm WW2 Germans.
I'm going for the classic colours with these. With a Light Grey basecoat, Snakebeat Leather contrast paint over it. And a little highlight / drybrush of the old Snakebeath leather with a sand colour from Model Color.
Hmmm ... so if I use white or light gray primer, followed by snakebite leather with a brown wash, and some highlight, perhaps I'll get a similar effect. Thanks for sharing! :::cheers::: :icon_cool:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #846 on: July 29, 2020, 12:03:19 AM »

Man! I do love those GoT minis!😺
Those are some darn good looking figures! :::cheers:::

Offline Realjuan

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Always learning
« Reply #847 on: July 29, 2020, 10:10:04 AM »
I have to agree those are really nice models. are the faces really similar? Almost looks like 1 guy in 4 poses .
Trading Orcs for Empire
"Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect" Jean Jacque Rousseau

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #848 on: July 29, 2020, 01:00:36 PM »
Days 88,89,90,91 - forever lost to the dustbin of history - maybe something to do with the fifty hours since Saturday morning  my wife and I put in to paint a house for resale in the last 4 days. This was for long time friends whom I now doubt if they are friends for putting us thru that. Never again is my motto. Maybe I’ll be able to get some more paint on some minis tonight.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #849 on: July 29, 2020, 01:11:45 PM »
Back to a routine:

Sat July 25 - Bases, test pieces, reorganization. Put stuff on offer.

Sun July 26 - Busy selling day. Found out afterwards some were rarities...  :lol:

Mon July 27 - Packed & shipped figures. Game chats over the internet. No painting or gaming tho'.

Tue July 28 - Animal day: painted & based two goats, based two rats and a raven. Half painted & based one beaver.

Wed July 29 - Basecoats & washes on an Ogre. The day is not over yet, so maybe more.

-Z
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 01:16:54 PM by Zygmund »
Live in peace and prosper.