home

Author Topic: Gamer thread  (Read 814028 times)

Offline Sig

• Members
Re: Gamer thread
« Reply #6175 on: October 24, 2013, 01:22:24 AM »
Grats! Did you link the fire or start the age of humanity?

Offline phillyt

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Watching... always watching...
    • https://www.facebook.com/philip.estabrook.1
« Reply #6176 on: October 24, 2013, 10:44:23 AM »
Ehhhh... I touched the bonfire and burst into flames.

There was a choice?   To be honest, I was somewhat disappointed with the ending since it didn't give me a lot to tell what ends up happening other than a potential visit to a burn ward.
Where did she touch you Eight? Show us on the doll.

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #6177 on: October 24, 2013, 10:49:54 AM »
You get a few hints listening to Frampt. If you link the fire you replace Gwyn, becoming the new deity but doomed to burn out and be replaced just like him. There is another serpent however if you find him who tells you that you are the new Lord of the Dark and by refusing to link the fire (walking out of the kiln instead of touching the bonfire) you break the cycle and begin the age of darkness, which the serpent refers to as the age of humanity. You go outside and there are rows of those ancient serpents bowing to you. It's a bit surreal.

Offline phillyt

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #6178 on: October 24, 2013, 12:10:04 PM »
I started over as a sorcerer.  It is crazy how much easier the game is now.  You really do get good as you play through the game.

The sorcerer is REALLY easy in some ways, but god, if you actually take a hit you are screwed.  I use the sorcerer catalyst in my left hand and a +4 Estoc in my right.  It is so much easier on my second go that I have already rung the Undead Parish bell and am 21st level.

Offline phillyt

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #6179 on: October 27, 2013, 02:43:59 AM »
GTAV is a blast.  Trevor is awesome and crazy.  It was a really sad and shocking thing to see who he kills in the first scene you meet him.  I won't spoil it.

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #6180 on: October 27, 2013, 05:20:27 AM »
One time when I switched to Trevor he was unconscious at the very top of Mount Chilliad, wearing a dress. Most recent time he woke up surrounded by bodies on a beach.

Offline Gunman006

• Members
« Reply #6181 on: October 28, 2013, 01:08:03 PM »
See some of you play Mechwarrior Online, add me to friends if you want to do some games. I used to play lot of heavy/medium but lately my need for speed have me playing as spider or commando (damn its so fun). Also have a jagermech with either dual gaus guns or 4xAC5 thats one hell of a damage dealer, though it gets tedious after a while since you are so limited in gameplay with the jaeger, still its awesome to snipe with those gaus guns  :happy:

My nick is "Weiseth006"
http://wargaming.no/

Government? You call this a government? It looks like something a deranged Snotling would come up with! - Bretonnian Ambassador to the Court of Emperor Karl Franz

Offline phillyt

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #6182 on: October 28, 2013, 01:44:00 PM »
One time when I switched to Trevor he was unconscious at the very top of Mount Chilliad, wearing a dress. Most recent time he woke up surrounded by bodies on a beach.

Yesterday I swapped to him and he was on the highway, behind another guy.  Both were driving scooters.  I followed the other guy for like four minutes.  The whole time Trevor was yelling variations on the phrase "scooter buddies!"

Another time he was on the roof of a building downtown with a bottle.  He got up and said"take the high ground! Good move T,"

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #6183 on: October 28, 2013, 01:47:45 PM »
Hmm, today the first time he had 2 wanted stars and had 3 cop cars on him, and yelled "I'm telling you, the security guard's head just fell off!", and the other time he was doing Tai Chi in some Chinese shrine type building in the middle of the city while confused people walked by.

Offline phillyt

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #6184 on: October 28, 2013, 02:19:56 PM »
Trevor is the best part of GTAV.

I think all three characters are cool and add something different to the story.

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #6185 on: October 28, 2013, 02:26:29 PM »
It's a bit hard to want him to survive though. He's downright evil. The Mr Raspberry Jam scene was a bit much. Sometimes they go a little too far, I think, where pulling back a bit would have made it funnier.

I think I'm pretty near the end, just about to raid the FIB building. Best GTA since Vice City for me.

Offline phillyt

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #6186 on: October 28, 2013, 02:31:27 PM »
Mr. Raspberry Jam the teddy bear?  That was pretty bad.

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #6187 on: October 28, 2013, 02:38:57 PM »
Yeah. Where I'm at Trevor is no longer using Floyd's apartment but he's taken Mr Raspberry Jam with him - he's now strapped to the front of his red truck.

Would have been funny if he hadn't totally annihilated the bear, just dressed it up and then taken it to bed with him, talking to it. Had a psychotic relationship with it, asked it for advice, told Michael what the bear thinks of him.

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #6188 on: October 29, 2013, 09:49:05 AM »
See some of you play Mechwarrior Online, add me to friends if you want to do some games. I used to play lot of heavy/medium but lately my need for speed have me playing as spider or commando (damn its so fun). Also have a jagermech with either dual gaus guns or 4xAC5 thats one hell of a damage dealer, though it gets tedious after a while since you are so limited in gameplay with the jaeger, still its awesome to snipe with those gaus guns  :happy:

My nick is "Weiseth006"

Excellent! I'm running around in Jenners atm, trying to master my skills. I'm saving up for the JR7-K now, my F-version would only need FF and Endo so I could slap on an additional 2 DHS. (gutted my 'D' for the Engine)

I've also got a Awesome 8T for double LRM15 missile support and 2 ML plus an ERPPC for punch. That one still needs a lot of work for upgrading but I'm really happy with Lights atm. I only use it when I decide to jump out of a game I was already destroyed in, though I more often stick around and look through my teammates their eyes.

My pilot name is 'SnagaDance'

I've only used Gauss in the trial Atlas but I found that 'charging time' to be a major pain in the ass, how do you compensate for that in your Jaeger?

(My brother 'Kain' also loves Jaegers by the way, though lately he's mostly running around in his Founders Hunchback)
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #6189 on: October 29, 2013, 05:00:15 PM »
GoG has a halloween special and I am considering getting some of the old school games

http://www.gog.com/promo/halloween_promo_291013

namely I have no mouth and I must scream

phantasmorgia 1 + 2

The Gabriel Knight series

Sanitarium

Penumbra collection

Pathologic

Anyone played any of those games and can recommend buying them or NOT buying them?

« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 05:06:11 PM by Fandir Nightshade »

Offline phillyt

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #6190 on: October 29, 2013, 05:01:47 PM »
Gabriel knight 1 was awesome.  The second one was not as good.  Third one was quite good.  I would wait on them though.  The first is getting a great new redo for this spring.

Offline Gunman006

• Members
« Reply #6191 on: October 29, 2013, 06:58:48 PM »

My nick is "Weiseth006"

Excellent! I'm running around in Jenners atm, trying to master my skills. I'm saving up for the JR7-K now, my F-version would only need FF and Endo so I could slap on an additional 2 DHS. (gutted my 'D' for the Engine)

I've also got a Awesome 8T for double LRM15 missile support and 2 ML plus an ERPPC for punch. That one still needs a lot of work for upgrading but I'm really happy with Lights atm. I only use it when I decide to jump out of a game I was already destroyed in, though I more often stick around and look through my teammates their eyes.

My pilot name is 'SnagaDance'

I've only used Gauss in the trial Atlas but I found that 'charging time' to be a major pain in the ass, how do you compensate for that in your Jaeger?

(My brother 'Kain' also loves Jaegers by the way, though lately he's mostly running around in his Founders Hunchback)

Cool, I too have a Awesome, but its PPC specced, but I rarely do above 250dmg with it compared to the jaeger which has a minimum damage of 400 due to the Autocannons and gaussguns :P

The charge rate of the gausgun is a pain in the ass if you are running a multiweapon build, I suck at multitasking so I only have two gausguns with lots of ammo, that way I can focus 100% on the gaus gun mechanism. I used to have either 2xAC5 or AC20 but it makes the gameplay too hard. With vision module 2xgausguns is really great for sniping components and cockpits.

I will add you to friends when I get home.

Just bought a catapult which im running as a splatcat, its simple build but damn its fun firing 6x6SRM's
http://wargaming.no/

Government? You call this a government? It looks like something a deranged Snotling would come up with! - Bretonnian Ambassador to the Court of Emperor Karl Franz

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #6192 on: October 30, 2013, 12:12:41 AM »
I am happy, a fail of the week submission I made was put in the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=w7wxsQOrA5g#t=316

I'm Carl at the end.
I thought he should act responsibly and just kill himself.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #6193 on: October 30, 2013, 12:39:33 AM »

I'm Carl at the end.

I don't know what I'm looking at there.  :icon_confused:
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #6194 on: October 30, 2013, 12:54:09 AM »
Carl!!!!
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #6195 on: October 30, 2013, 02:24:11 AM »
They ganged up on one enemy player and accidentally aggroed some monsters who stunned the entire clumped up team twice, allowing the enemy to cast an aoe trap, stunning them again, and humiliating them.
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #6196 on: October 30, 2013, 10:28:08 AM »
They ganged up on one enemy player and accidentally aggroed some monsters who stunned the entire clumped up team twice, allowing the enemy to cast an aoe trap, stunning them again, and humiliating them.

Ah, OK. Thanks!

I don't know that game.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #6197 on: October 30, 2013, 10:31:54 AM »

I'm Carl at the end.

aaaaannnnnd this is why dota sucks.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline phillyt

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #6198 on: October 30, 2013, 10:56:58 AM »
I prefer shooting people on COD.

Anyone getting Ghosts?

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #6199 on: October 30, 2013, 11:03:51 AM »
I think towie is into his online FPS. I’m not, though.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.