home

Author Topic: The Grand Army of Sigmar's Righteous Fury  (Read 62823 times)

Offline The Ol Perfesser

• Members
Re: The Grand Army of Sigmar's Righteous Fury
« Reply #175 on: October 07, 2014, 04:43:28 PM »
Great looking miniatures.  Love the Bison Cav.
 :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers:::
Never make predictions, especially about the future.

Offline Commander Bernhardt

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
  • Geweldig!
« Reply #176 on: October 29, 2014, 08:27:13 PM »
The first "demi-" bison knight is finished  :biggriin:

PS: the strangest thing happened at work today. I was making a cappucino for a customer and I was botching up the milkcream drawing when all of a sudden a twin tailed comet appeard in the coffee. Surely this was a sing from Sigmar? (if I had a smartphone I would have taken a picture of this miracle)
President Merkin Muffley: Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
  • Geweldig!
« Reply #177 on: October 29, 2014, 08:27:48 PM »
one more ;)
President Merkin Muffley: Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

Offline emcdunna

• Members
« Reply #178 on: October 29, 2014, 10:12:31 PM »
how do you paint the spiral color on the lance? thats awesome

Offline The Ol Perfesser

• Members
« Reply #179 on: October 29, 2014, 11:04:40 PM »
Looks great!   :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers:::
Never make predictions, especially about the future.

Offline Warhammer-Weib

• Members
« Reply #180 on: October 30, 2014, 08:17:17 AM »
Love it!  :::cheers:::

Have you thought about adding something to the base for more variation, especially if you're planning to paint several of these great-looking demi-bison knights? Iceland moss maybe ... or something a bit higher than grass? :unsure:

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
  • Geweldig!
« Reply #181 on: October 30, 2014, 05:13:25 PM »
Love it!  :::cheers:::

Have you thought about adding something to the base for more variation, especially if you're planning to paint several of these great-looking demi-bison knights? Iceland moss maybe ... or something a bit higher than grass? :unsure:

Yes, I've thought about it ;) but I'd love to hear some suggestions and see some links ;)

how do you paint the spiral color on the lance? thats awesome

thanks! the spiral is just painted with a fine detail brush and some patience. Once you try this you'll notice it isn't as hard as it seems

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
  • Geweldig!
« Reply #182 on: November 10, 2014, 08:50:45 AM »
Some distractions..... my Mordheim warband  :-P

Offline mousekiller

• Members
« Reply #183 on: November 10, 2014, 08:56:23 AM »
He looks so tiny on that beast!  Great paint job.  I love how you named all of the warband!

Offline Mightymatt88

• Members
« Reply #184 on: November 10, 2014, 08:20:50 PM »
Love the warband! Is that a Priest of Taal I see in the front row?  :-D
And the guy at the back, in the shirtsleeves with the sword and buckler? I can't make out his name, but I have his twin in one of my warbands! Same shirt and head, although mine is only armed with a club.

Offline DariusZero

• Members
  • I'm a non native speaker from Mars and I bite.
« Reply #185 on: November 11, 2014, 10:17:01 AM »
one more ;)

A great choice of mount. The whole unit will look fantastiyc.
One of the big wigs... once told them "If a household doesn't have an income of $70,000, we don't consider them a GW target customer."
MyEmpireBlog: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=33477.0

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
  • Geweldig!
« Reply #186 on: November 11, 2014, 12:00:27 PM »
Love the warband! Is that a Priest of Taal I see in the front row?  :-D
And the guy at the back, in the shirtsleeves with the sword and buckler? I can't make out his name, but I have his twin in one of my warbands! Same shirt and head, although mine is only armed with a club.
yes he is ;) there seem to be quite some similarities with your priest of Taal :)

Offline Mightymatt88

• Members
« Reply #187 on: November 11, 2014, 10:46:08 PM »
Haha, yes there are! Great minds think alike! Although I think I prefer your idea of using the Flagellant robes for his legs, makes him look more priestly- If I make another one I think I'll do the same.

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
  • Geweldig!
« Reply #188 on: December 03, 2014, 04:19:54 PM »
héhé it took me some time but I finished the musician of my Buffalo Knights

The shield is still on it with poster buddies :) i'm still figuring out some different compositions.

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
  • Geweldig!
« Reply #189 on: December 05, 2014, 05:52:33 PM »
Unit Champion

I'm pretty proud of the book he's reading. The bottles however are less succesfull

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #190 on: December 05, 2014, 06:37:09 PM »
 :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
  • Geweldig!
« Reply #191 on: December 16, 2014, 03:20:26 PM »
Hello all!
So the threat of losing Balthasar Gelt has prompetd me to finish this project I started about ten months ago.
(btw can anyone tell me what happens to Gelt after he became a necromancer? does he still fight for the empire or did he go to the 'dark' side?)
so I present my version of balthasar gelt on pegasus (sorry for the crappy pics)

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
  • Geweldig!
« Reply #192 on: December 16, 2014, 04:13:02 PM »
And because an extra captasus is always welcome there's this variant rider.
it's my own tribute to Robrecht de Bethune, nicknamed the Lion of Flanders, son of the count of Flanders during the Flemish rebellion against the King of France. According to the legend (and poven wrong by historians) Robrecht arrived at the final battle dressed in gold-plated armour and was reverred as an angel sent by God to aid the Flemish. This is my version:

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #193 on: December 16, 2014, 04:25:21 PM »
Not so much legend as romantic invention by Hendrik Conscience in his novel "The Lion of Flanders" (1838).  :icon_wink:
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
  • Geweldig!
« Reply #194 on: December 16, 2014, 05:09:52 PM »
Not so much legend as romantic invention by Hendrik Conscience in his novel "The Lion of Flanders" (1838).  :icon_wink:
that's what I meant

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #195 on: December 16, 2014, 09:56:43 PM »
I have to say I like your bison cavalry much better than the GW demigryphs. Very cool stuff. :-)

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #196 on: December 16, 2014, 10:00:06 PM »
that's what I meant

Admittedly, it is a legend in the sense that distortions of history by 19 century nationalist writers linger on to this day. Battle of the Golden Spurs? Limited effects and no expression of a Flemish nationalism. The Battle of Kosovo Polje? Neither a defeat, nor the turning point in Serb history. The wonderful French Revolution? A catastrophe for Europe and France itself in particular. Etc. etc...
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #197 on: December 16, 2014, 10:12:50 PM »
The wonderful French Revolution? A catastrophe for Europe and France itself in particular.

I thought you would say that. :icon_biggrin:

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
  • Geweldig!
« Reply #198 on: December 17, 2014, 09:50:11 AM »
that's what I meant

Admittedly, it is a legend in the sense that distortions of history by 19 century nationalist writers linger on to this day. Battle of the Golden Spurs? Limited effects and no expression of a Flemish nationalism. The Battle of Kosovo Polje? Neither a defeat, nor the turning point in Serb history. The wonderful French Revolution? A catastrophe for Europe and France itself in particular. Etc. etc...

honestly, my chose of words was partly being lazy, partly not knowing the right words in English. I knew 'legend' wasn't the right chose of word but figured that in an international environment like this forum details like that are trivial. Offcourse what you said is correct. I can't dispute that.
I studied the flemish nationalist movement and I am very much aware of what 19th century nationalism did to Europe's history-writing

"Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae, propterea quod a cultu atque humanitate provinciae longissime absunt, minimeque ad eos mercatores saepe commeant atque ea quae ad effeminandos animos pertinent important, proximique sunt Germanis, qui trans Rhenum incolunt, quibuscum continenter bellum gerunt."  Caes., De Bell. Gall. I 3.     => All to our great national glory!

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #199 on: December 17, 2014, 09:55:42 AM »
Oh, don't mind me - I was just being too punctilious (as usual).