home

Author Topic: How should I build Karl Franz on Deathclaw kit?  (Read 3170 times)

Offline Emperor Karl Franz

• Members
How should I build Karl Franz on Deathclaw kit?
« on: May 10, 2015, 10:25:30 PM »
Hello. I have the Karl Franz on Deathclaw kit, but I'm unsure of how to build it. It's the second kit I own, so I already have Karl Franz built. The only question, then, is how should I build the second? Should I build it as a General of the Empire, or an Amber Battle Wizard Lord? Which is the best option? I'm not a very experienced Empire player, and I've definitely never used either of those units, so I'd appreciate some advice. Thanks.

Offline Vietnow

• Members
Re: How should I build Karl Franz on Deathclaw kit?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 03:10:40 AM »
I'd suggest buying small disc magnets, and magnetizing the riders and the griffon.

This way you can swap out the riders.  I've done this with great success on DE cold ones, converted dark peggies, and soon a black dragon.

Disc magnets can be found very, very cheap on ebay or other hobby sites.  I just used a bit of metal sheeting over the seats.  Just a very small square so each rider sits level.  It only raises their model above the seat a slight bit, but most of my riders are kit bashed with a mix of DE and Dark Eldar, so I formed the legs to suit this very slight change in elevation.

Offline Jomppexx

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 06:53:05 AM »
Or just don't glue the rider on. My Karl Franz stays on Deathclaw just fine without any glue.
If you want him on a horse you can just be crude and use blue-tack.

Generally speaking nothing is good on a griffon. The griffons have no save of any kind so they die against anything. (In my first and last game with a griffon it got to attack twice in combat before dying.)
"Sigmar is like a barbaric, warrior Jesus, and only appeared to be a mortal man."
Highlights :
8/2014 : Grandmaster slew a Chaos Lord in a challenge

Offline Lasthobbit

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 08:16:41 AM »
+1 Jomppexx - Don't need to glue the rider and don't need to take magnets.
My Beastwizard and General swaps easily without magnets and glue. Sadle is good - riders fits and sits well.

So, tactically, (as this thread in Tactica board), I suggest you to:
1. make a Wizard first - he is not overpowered, but fun to use (Bloodroar+Fencer blades+U.Cloak+Scroll of shielding).
2. try to use General.
3. swap them as you like :)

Offline moonpie

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 05:47:18 PM »
Get the Glotkin book.  Build KFA.  Win.